Were You Born between 1945 and 1955? If so, then…. Maybe You Understand our World…even more than others.

GammaGlobulin

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

None of which affected me as I had an affluent childhood, or do you expect children to be depressed because the world is full of sorrow? We have an entire adulthood to be depressed, so let's allow children to enjoy their life till they grow up and it all turns to <deleted>.

Missing the point. As usual.

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2021 at 9:45 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Correct. 

I am only trying to flood the market with non-confrontational posts which are innocuous enough to offend the least number of people, inane as these might be. 

Take care, my friend. 

Is your 'disorder' life-threatening, or merely inconvenient?

On 9/3/2021 at 3:53 PM, mrfill said:

Take her phone and television away, then cut her electricity and make her ride a bike everywhere. And then suddenly there will be a lot of complaining and the  'good old days' get forgotten.

People only seem to remember the stuff they like and conveniently forget the bad bits. Nowadays wall-to-wall advertising tell people what they must have and it is believed by most. Your example of Musk and his nonsense is just that. I think he must have watched The Man who fell to Earth too many times...

Yes,but then we did not have those things,so did not miss them , it was a simpler time and to be honest,far more fun ,  we got out with our friends and went exploring ,getting a bike was a blast,mind you not as big a one as my first lambreta , i had a good young life my parents were not poor,and i earned good money at my first job ,and when i went to live in London in the 60s ,well i could write a book,oh i did. But have never published it,but the stories i could tell. 

There is a clear advantage to living in a culture where one is not a native-speaker of the indigenous language.

Here in Thailand, if one is not very fluent in written Thai script, then much of the advertising that most Thai people are exposed to goes unseen. And, much radio and television advertising goes unheard, for most newcomers to Thailand.

This is one of the major advantages of living here; we are not told, every hour, what we should buy, or what we do not have, or how we can become happier if we just buy this or that.

In other words, we remain ignorant and oblivious to 90 percent of mass marketing, and... it feels great!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

There is a clear advantage to living in a culture where one is not a native-speaker of the indigenous language.

Here in Thailand, if one is not very fluent in written Thai script, then much of the advertising that most Thai people are exposed to goes unseen. And, much radio and television advertising goes unheard, for most newcomers to Thailand.

This is one of the major advantages of living here; we are not told, every hour, what we should buy, or what we do not have, or how we can become happier if we just buy this or that.

In other words, we remain ignorant and oblivious to 90 percent of mass marketing, and... it feels great!

It also helps to be able to tune out ads on radio. I manage to not hear them now. Unfortunately, that doesn't work with tv, but as there isn't anything worth watching on freeview I don't watch it much at all, so that avoids the ads. When I do watch tv at a friends place it's just Al Jazeera, which doesn't have ads.

Don't read magazines or newspapers any more, so that's more ads I don't see.

It is, as I have proven, possible that we can avoid most advertising.

I used to be able to watch Sky, but that was mainly for the international news channels, and they only had self promotion, during which I changed channels. I did watch the movies, no ads, and UKTV which also only had self promotions.

Sadly, the Sky was terminated under new management, so now it's just DVDs, and they thankfully don't have ads.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It also helps to be able to tune out ads on radio. I manage to not hear them now. Unfortunately, that doesn't work with tv, but as there isn't anything worth watching on freeview I don't watch it much at all, so that avoids the ads. When I do watch tv at a friends place it's just Al Jazeera, which doesn't have ads.

Don't read magazines or newspapers any more, so that's more ads I don't see.

It is, as I have proven, possible that we can avoid most advertising.

I used to be able to watch Sky, but that was mainly for the international news channels, and they only had self promotion, during which I changed channels. I did watch the movies, no ads, and UKTV which also only had self promotions.

Sadly, the Sky was terminated under new management, so now it's just DVDs, and they thankfully don't have ads.

To avoid all this, I simply lock myself up in the toilet the hours I'm awake...????????

Being an older scholarly enlightened binary person, I know the answer.

It's all because of them there Ones  and zeros, rushing around .

We are analogue people. You get a large erection, and you wack it in the closest crack. That's analogue. Nine months later your wife/mistress/gic gives a little 'heave' and out pops an analogue thinggy.

Our world, body, brain, trains, hard ons, are all analogue.

So we were all living healthy productive lives in our analogue world, when some idiot invented Ones and Zeros and we started to live in a Digital world (except us Isaanders). 

Us Analogues just can't keep up with a digital world. It's way to quick and complicated.

So it's the digital revolution that has stuffed up our Analogue world. (Except for politicians as  they live in their own stuffed up world). 

So hope I've made as much sense as the OP. ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Being an older scholarly enlightened binary person, I know the answer.

It's all because of them there Ones  and zeros, rushing around .

We are analogue people. You get a large erection, and you wack it in the closest crack. That's analogue. Nine months later your wife/mistress/gic gives a little 'heave' and out pops an analogue thinggy.

Our world, body, brain, trains, hard ons, are all analogue.

So we were all living healthy productive lives in our analogue world, when some idiot invented Ones and Zeros and we started to live in a Digital world (except us Isaanders). 

Us Analogues just can't keep up with a digital world. It's way to quick and complicated.

So it's the digital revolution that has stuffed up our Analogue world. (Except for politicians as  they live in their own stuffed up world). 

So hope I've made as much sense as the OP. ????

Your so-called ones and zeros are just an abstraction of what is actually happening in digital memory. 

On 9/3/2021 at 10:08 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Agree, Some apparently are incapable of merely not reading posts from someone they are not appreciative of, and just have to post negatives about them instead of moving on to all those far more interesting and informative threads they prefer. It's like they are unable to not click on the threads.

Perhaps they should discover how to use the ignore function.

True that. Honestly I think gamma is slightly long winded and probably trolling for the most part. He posts frequently and is overly verbose. But whom am I to judge? Like many debates these days it's im right, your wrong and no consideration for others opinions.

If you don't want to read posts don't read them. Try and avoid the pile on but tbh everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that opinion should be able to be debated without being disrespectful or an eggplant. Something lacking these days seems to be the ability to have a healthy argument.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2021 at 10:00 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Your so-called ones and zeros are just an abstraction of what is actually happening in digital memory. 

And what about the organic memory?

We've completely removed ourselves.