Any scuttlebutt on how long you're considered fully vaccinated?

Heng

3 minutes ago, gargamon said:

I said a reputable source....

Basically you are another person who can’t see further than his own nose

gotcha 

I’ll let you into a little secret. There is no international database of vaccines administered. If you cross borders, nobody knows your vaccination status 

Edited by FridgeMagnet1

1 minute ago, rabas said:

Well here’s what happened in the case of my friend 

she was living in Dubai and got double dosed with Sinopharm early in the year, then her employers realized that Sinopharm wasn’t accepted in many countries for travel, so did a company wide AZ double dosed vaccination. She then went back to UK only to find out UK doesn’t recognize any vaccine administered outside UK and EU so had to get a vaccine in the UK so went for Pfizer 

ridiculous vaccine politics will be with us for years 

my experience was similar (with the exception of the AZ bit in the middle) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sudarut said:

Why would someone take a third dose of something that didn't work the first two times?

Several vaccines with years of use and development require 2 or more doses.

Other vaccines require multiple inoculations.

HepA 2 shots, 10 years.

HepB 2, 3, or 4 shots and 10 years efficacy, possibly more with full series.

Polio 4 shots are recommended.

Zoster 2 shots, lifetime ?

So 2nd and 3rd shots are not rare, and we don't know how long protection may last after a 3rd COVID shot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Well here’s what happened in the case of my friend 

she was living in Dubai and got double dosed with Sinopharm early in the year, then her employers realized that Sinopharm wasn’t accepted in many countries for travel, so did a company wide AZ double dosed vaccination. She then went back to UK only to find out UK doesn’t recognize any vaccine administered outside UK and EU so had to get a vaccine in the UK so went for Pfizer 

ridiculous vaccine politics will be with us for years 

my experience was similar (with the exception of the AZ bit in the middle) 

Seems like an extremely ridiculous person. If this is even true. Doubtful.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

gotcha 

I’ll let you into a little secret. There is no international database of vaccines administered. If you cross borders, nobody knows your vaccination status 

Unless you are in the EU. Cross borders and they know. Smart.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

Several vaccines with years of use and development require 2 or more doses.

Other vaccines require multiple inoculations.

HepA 2 shots, 10 years.

HepB 2, 3, or 4 shots and 10 years efficacy, possibly more with full series.

Polio 4 shots are recommended.

Zoster 2 shots, lifetime ?

So 2nd and 3rd shots are not rare, and we don't know how long protection may last after a 3rd COVID shot.

If it doesn't provide immunity then its not a vaccine. Good luck with your ongoing flu shots, I prefer to not drink or smoke and to eat healthy.  The terrain is everything the germ is nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

gotcha 

I asked for a reputable source, not anecdotal rants.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I had a couple of Flu jabs as a teen, local doctor pushed them, since then never had a jab and never had flu 40+ years since the last jab..

I don't get the flu either. I'm guessing you have an excellent diet, don't smoke and drink in moderation. Therefore having a strong immune system.  When you have a poor diet smoke and drink to much then your body is constantly trying to remove these toxins and is vulnerable to outside infections. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sudarut said:

If it doesn't provide immunity then its not a vaccine. Good luck with your ongoing flu shots, I prefer to not drink or smoke and to eat healthy.  The terrain is everything the germ is nothing. 

"If it doesn't provide immunity then its not a vaccine."

Can't argue with that.

But the vaccines do provide immunity.

You are pontificating but never provide any support for your claims.

Adolescent bragging and wisecracking attempts at humor nothing else.

Edited by cdemundo

13 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The right jab?

Is there a right Jab,, You tell me.

Maybe they will find the right vaccine that will prevent close to 100% against C19  infection. 

It seems now that there's not much difference between No jab ,1 Jab or 2 Jabs to prevent infection.

I had 2 AZ Jabs but  it makes me wonder if they Really work and for How Long, Maybe 6 Months (or less) then maybe one will need a booster jab or a New one for the New mutated Virus . 

12 hours ago, gargamon said:

You got a link from a reputable source for that? It should be almost impossible for anyone to get a fourth jab. Very few can now get the third.

Why do you want a Link ? I don't have a link . (no chain) It was on TV Thai News .

Why would you say  almost impossible? Anything is possible ,Not only in Thailand you know.

3 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Is there a right Jab,, You tell me.

Maybe they will find the right vaccine that will prevent close to 100% against C19  infection. 

It seems now that there's not much difference between No jab ,1 Jab or 2 Jabs to prevent infection.

I had 2 AZ Jabs but  it makes me wonder if they Really work and for How Long, Maybe 6 Months (or less) then maybe one will need a booster jab or a New one for the New mutated Virus . 

I'm the same as you, I've had 1x AZ, next one due late October.

I'll wait 6 months and then see what's going on with Covid or latest strain and choose a booster.

7 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Seems like an extremely ridiculous person. If this is even true. Doubtful.

The story he told seems plausible enough. What is ridiculous about someone having to be re-vaccinated if they are required to travel for work? 

People are so eager to dismiss any anecdotal evidence that doesn’t back up their chosen narrative. I’ve had several people accuse me of lying about the two breakthrough infections that I personally know of. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ryan754326 said:

The story he told seems plausible enough. What is ridiculous about someone having to be re-vaccinated if they are required to travel for work? 

People are so eager to dismiss any anecdotal evidence that doesn’t back up their chosen narrative. I’ve had several people accuse me of lying about the two breakthrough infections that I personally know of. 

You are right of course, that particular story does not seem beyond the realm of truth.

My brother just sent me a copy of his NHS covid vaccination certificate, and the bar code is only valid for one month. He had two doses of Pfizer in February and March. He thinks it will just be a case of going through the motions on the NHS site again to get a new one when this one expires, but I guess they're keeping their options open until they decide how long you can be considered to be 'safe'. Being a type 2 diabetic in his 70's, he'll be very happy if he's offered a booster after 8 months, anyway.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 4:53 AM, Heng said:

For travel that is...The first 'classes' of fully vaxxed folks (Americans and people who had availability first) should be coming up on one year in December. 

The Covid-19 vaccination certificate issued in the USA presumably indicates the end date of its validity period.

For international travel, there is the additional consideration whether the certificate is acceptable in the destination country based on the type or brand of vaccine used and if the issuing and destination countries work with different validity periods, which period is applied by the destination country.

26 minutes ago, Puccini said:

The Covid-19 vaccination certificate issued in the USA presumably indicates the end date of its validity period.

For international travel, there is the additional consideration whether the certificate is acceptable in the destination country based on the type or brand of vaccine used and if the issuing and destination countries work with different validity periods, which period is applied by the destination country.

The US CDC card is very bare bones.    Just the dates the jabs were administered along with the vaccine name and batch number, also the name of the nurse who gave the jab.... All handwritten.    We had the hospital print out secondary verification (basically just the same information on hospital letterhead along with a supervising physician's signature/stamp) in anticipation of the likely wave of people coming up with fake vaccination cards.... that coupled with photos of us at the hospital getting the jabs, ready to whip out should our jabs be questioned by airlines or immigration anywhere.  I would have done the old school newspaper prop to timestamp the photos but couldn't find any shops still selling newspapers. ????

Hopefully there will be some kind of international standard that some techie will come up with, maybe blockchain based. 

Edited by Heng

13 hours ago, Ryan754326 said:

What's ridiculous is to do this without the advice of doctors. Terrible.

• Confused 1