VIDEO: Jomtien Beach Road collapses due to heavy storms

webfact

8 hours ago, 2umich said:

I was always wondering, why those protesters who want to remove government, never try to keep accountable local administrations responsible for road repair, as corruption on local level is much more obvious.

It was the national gov. Junta that appointed Fredo Corleone to the Pattaya mayor's chair. It should be pretty obvious that the Greens get a piece of the action. 

Edited by pegman

2 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

There's one area along Jomtien that smells like a septic tank when you drive by. They obviously had some sewer issues there. Not sure if this is the same area or if they have solved that problem.

I think that same area is where the waste water treatment plant discharges into the Gulf. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Water has a habit of running downhill to the lowest point... that's where a bl**dy great drain should be located to take it away somewhere it can't do any harm.

And on the way lots of larger drains so flooding can't take place.

As Big a drain as can be fitted. REGULARILY cleaned!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, 2umich said:

I was always wondering, why those protesters who want to remove government, never try to keep accountable local administrations responsible for road repair, as corruption on local level is much more obvious.

There are to be NO LOCAL elections in Pattaya this time around; presumably Prayuth is happy with the 'strong-arm mayor?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 2umich said:

The answer is in the question.  They want to remove the government, not fix the things they complain about.

The same reason they light fires, throw explosives and Molotov's then complain about police violence.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, joskeshake said:

Not the first time, many years ago the whole road collapsed for about 100 meter on Jomptien beachroad

That was at the far south end  near to  "Pu Ben" and "Loong Sawai" restaurants if I remember correctly.

2 hours ago, OldPedro said:

They can learn from this !! (maybe)....a few large canals from the road to the ocean....too easy?

This was being suggested on this very forum some 18 months or more ago, as the current pipework efforts were making Beach Rd look a mess. Nature even shows us where to put them. 

5 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Any actual evidence of the sidewalk collapsing under the weight of the water?

Collapsed for the same reasons everything else around here collapses: They slap it down on loose substrate that is undermined /washed out by waves or flooding. Like the area around this structure in the newly completed  Naklua flood  control project going through the park. Or what's left of it with this bs parking structure construction. 

IMG_20210909_122904.jpg

IMG_20210909_122754.jpg

IMG_20210909_122634.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Collapsed for the same reasons everything else around here collapses: They slap it down on loose substrate that is undermined /washed out by waves or flooding. Like the area around this structure in the newly completed  Naklua flood  control project going through the park. Or what's left of it with this bs parking structure construction. 

IMG_20210909_122904.jpg

IMG_20210909_122754.jpg

IMG_20210909_122634.jpg

That seemed the more likely explanation to me.

• Like 1