Whatever Happened To ... The Thai Sex Worker Trying To Rebuild Her Life In A Pandemic?

webfact

19 hours ago, rct99q said:

Very few, and you are delusional if believe otherwise, prostitutes in this area of the world have never had some form of STD. 

The more desperate they are, the more chances they take. I doubt there is a hooker in Thailand who would'nt have unprotected sex if the money was high enough.

I confess, I am not fond of hookers or druggies. World would be better place without them. Never understood the need for a prostitute. Did drugs when i was younger, never liked them.

50 plus years on this earth and never had an STD. Never had a partner with an STD, and have very few friends who have ever admitted they had an STD. Circles, not stones, of the friends one associates with.

Fairly harsh stuff. So, every gal who looks for a man to support her, and her family, in an attempt to raise herself up from a life of poverty, is a hooker to you? And anyone who relaxes with a blunt of ganga, or partakes at a party is a druggie? How about medical cannabis? Same judgment level? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They're here in my moo ban, back with their grandparents. There's been a few different types. The best made the most of their time developing their English, pleasant attitudes and social skills, and thus snagged a few sponsors who've been helping them through these times. Others don't come out until late in the afternoon, up in their rooms doing something until the wee hours, and thus are able to help out the fam. Good for them.

The worst did little with that time they had, with nothing to show for it but terrible English and even worse attitudes, after years of doing the deed each time only to quickly blow their earnings on booze, gambling, tattoos. These Covid times have been a reckoning, and tremendous blow to their egos.

Now they stomp around the moo ban with permanent scowls on their faces, doing little other than barking various complaints at their dear grandparents trying to support them. Wife hears they're trying to negotiate marriages with their Thai BFs, and sin sods for paltry amounts, compared with what they were making before. I can only imagine what those marriages will be like. Thankfully they'll be out of our moo ban.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

They're here in my moo ban, back with their grandparents. There's been a few different types. The best made the most of their time developing their English, pleasant attitudes and social skills, and thus snagged a few sponsors who've been helping them through these times. Others don't come out until late in the afternoon, up in their rooms doing something until the wee hours, and thus are able to help out the fam. Good for them.

The worst did little with that time they had, with nothing to show for it but terrible English and even worse attitudes, after years of doing the deed each time only to quickly blow their earnings on booze, gambling, tattoos. These Covid times have been a reckoning, and tremendous blow to their egos.

Now they stomp around the moo ban with permanent scowls on their faces, doing little other than barking various complaints at their dear grandparents trying to support them. Wife hears they're trying to negotiate marriages with their Thai BFs, and sin sods for paltry amounts, compared with what they were making before. I can only imagine what those marriages will be like. Thankfully they'll be out of our moo ban.

I dread to think what my neighbours say about me

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Fairly harsh stuff. So, every gal who looks for a man to support her, and her family, in an attempt to raise herself up from a life of poverty, is a hooker to you? And anyone who relaxes with a blunt of ganga, or partakes at a party is a druggie? How about medical cannabis? Same judgment level? 

Harsh? No, not really. I have no problems with someone being a hooker or druggie. That does not mean I have to like what they do.

There have been very few that have lifted themselves out of poverty. Yah, sure "everybody" knows so and so who is now a bar owner etc. There are/were over 100,000 suspected hookers and most are as poor, or worse off, than when they started. 

Better education, job training, counseling, free housing, free child care and support, stiffer penalties for Johns. Many ways to tackle the issues that drive people into this area. Just society deems most of them as unimportant, throw aways. And that is not right.

Same goes for druggies. The 1 out of 100,000 using medicinal purposes. Fine. I have worked with many, many drug users in my time. At some point I gave up on most of them. Just in our little spot in NE Thailand there are probably 30 or 40 users out of the 100 or so that make up the local village. Many are related to my wife and her brothers. In the past 15 years or so just gotten tired of going to one funeral after another. Not sure if you have been around one at the end of their life....not much positive is happening for them. 

Harsh? No. 

On 9/9/2021 at 5:50 PM, canthai55 said:

And how do you know she has a disease ?

You don't. Be careful throwing stones.

A few could be sent your way with that remark

I haven't heard that W word in ages! Sad! I thought that word died with my fathers generation.

Many falangs don't understand that this is considered a job by many Thai's, like Goin to work in its true sense

7 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

I dread to think what my neighbours say about me

Better to attend Trinity in Dublin than to get a Tattoo in Thailand.  It's just a matter of choices.

NPR?

NPR? NPR is only a shadow of its former self.

No one listens to NPR, these days.

NPR has become irrelevant and obsolete.

(Funding has dried up. Handcuffs are on.) 

7 hours ago, rct99q said:

Harsh? No, not really. I have no problems with someone being a hooker or druggie. That does not mean I have to like what they do.

There have been very few that have lifted themselves out of poverty. Yah, sure "everybody" knows so and so who is now a bar owner etc. There are/were over 100,000 suspected hookers and most are as poor, or worse off, than when they started. 

Better education, job training, counseling, free housing, free child care and support, stiffer penalties for Johns. Many ways to tackle the issues that drive people into this area. Just society deems most of them as unimportant, throw aways. And that is not right.

Same goes for druggies. The 1 out of 100,000 using medicinal purposes. Fine. I have worked with many, many drug users in my time. At some point I gave up on most of them. Just in our little spot in NE Thailand there are probably 30 or 40 users out of the 100 or so that make up the local village. Many are related to my wife and her brothers. In the past 15 years or so just gotten tired of going to one funeral after another. Not sure if you have been around one at the end of their life....not much positive is happening for them. 

Harsh? No. 

Give up on people who are caught up in the use and abuse of drugs ?

Of course NEVER help them.

Fine and/or incarcerate 'Johns' - who perform private acts between consenting adults.

Are you in the Taliban ?

What next - bring back the Auto-Da-Fe ? Thought Police ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rct99q said:

Harsh? No. 

We live in different universes. I know one ex-sex worker who saved up 4 million baht, built herself a beautiful home on family land, that her and her folks live in. She also bought some land, planted 15 rai of fruit orchards, bought a mini mart, and is doing well. Stiffer penalties for Johns? Drive the industry further underground, so it is less safe for the women involved? That is a solution, or is that Nancy Reagan speaking? 

I know another who started a travel agency, bought a few motorbikes, and eventually built it up to 30 bikes for rentals. She now owns a nice house too. I know a number who have been successful.

And I know countless people who enjoy an occasional smoke. Does this make them a drug user? Many are multi millionaire businessmen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

We live in different universes. I know one ex-sex worker who saved up 4 million baht, built herself a beautiful home on family land, that her and her folks live in. She also bought some land, planted 15 rai of fruit orchards, bought a mini mart, and is doing well. Stiffer penalties for Johns? Drive the industry further underground, so it is less safe for the women involved? That is a solution, or is that Nancy Reagan speaking? 

I know another who started a travel agency, bought a few motorbikes, and eventually built it up to 30 bikes for rentals. She now owns a nice house too. I know a number who have been successful.

And I know countless people who enjoy an occasional smoke. Does this make them a drug user? Many are multi millionaire businessmen. 

Like I said everybody knows one or two sex workers who have done well. People also win the lottery. Some estimate that there could be upwards of a million people involved in the trade. Most are never going to live past 40 let alone be a "millionaire".

Many functioning drug users. Again sure there are a couple "millionaire" or why not "billionaire" businessmen (no women?). 

How many strung out junkies do you think there are versus your rich friends? I would say 100 of thousands. 

Don't consider the pot smoker any different than your average drunk at the bar. Pretty harmless. But in the end they give up something in enjoying their habit. Same as obese people who eat KFC and complain they cant lose weight. At some point we all pay a price for our indulgences. 

7 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Give up on people who are caught up in the use and abuse of drugs ?

Of course NEVER help them.

Fine and/or incarcerate 'Johns' - who perform private acts between consenting adults.

Are you in the Taliban ?

What next - bring back the Auto-Da-Fe ? Thought Police ?

I have spent considerable time around drug users. Here, North America, Europe. Seems you may have also. As such you know that the last thing your going to get a drug user to do is quit voluntarily. Only ever seen it happen a dozen or so times. So yah, at some point one gives up. Similar to anti-vac people. Their body, their choice. Except it seems when it comes to womens reproductive rights and choices.

As for hookers. As i mentioned with another poster there is probably 1 or 2 percent who are consenting to physical act of sex. Many are forced either by economics, or threats. That is hardly as you put it "between consenting adults".

If you paid a hooker $1,000usd a day to stay home and bake cookies. Or. Sleep with 5-10 people a day taking risks of disease, violence, or death, of which they get to keep less than half what they earn, are you implying they would continue working in the sex trade?

What do you call it when one party is forced to commit an act, and the other party  wantingly commits one?

Consenting is not a word that first pops into my head.

On 9/9/2021 at 4:08 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

I know a few of these girls, and they've all gone back to live with their families. One, a former GF now in her 40's, tried to get me to buy naked videos of her. She didn't get anywhere with that proposition.

Have you got her LINE ?   I just wanna ask her how things are with her family etc.

(I wonder ... if they going cheap now) .

Edited by PAWNEESE
  • Haha 1

So the moral of the story, while in Pattaya she made money and partied away, now back to her village with a normal job, no drinking and managing just fine.

I guess there goes the myth of poor, abused little thai girls being forced to work in sex industry to make ends meet.

Would appear they can make ends meet if they do not party, drink and do as little as possible

1 hour ago, rct99q said:

Like I said everybody knows one or two sex workers who have done well. People also win the lottery. Some estimate that there could be upwards of a million people involved in the trade. Most are never going to live past 40 let alone be a "millionaire".

Many functioning drug users. Again sure there are a couple "millionaire" or why not "billionaire" businessmen (no women?). 

How many strung out junkies do you think there are versus your rich friends? I would say 100 of thousands. 

Don't consider the pot smoker any different than your average drunk at the bar. Pretty harmless. But in the end they give up something in enjoying their habit. Same as obese people who eat KFC and complain they cant lose weight. At some point we all pay a price for our indulgences. 

Nancy Reagan makes the astounding leap from an occasional pot smoker, to strung out junkies. You are not part of the solution. 

Reefer madness! 

1 hour ago, rct99q said:

I have spent considerable time around drug users. Here, North America, Europe. Seems you may have also. As such you know that the last thing your going to get a drug user to do is quit voluntarily. Only ever seen it happen a dozen or so times. So yah, at some point one gives up. Similar to anti-vac people. Their body, their choice. Except it seems when it comes to womens reproductive rights and choices.

As for hookers. As i mentioned with another poster there is probably 1 or 2 percent who are consenting to physical act of sex. Many are forced either by economics, or threats. That is hardly as you put it "between consenting adults".

If you paid a hooker $1,000usd a day to stay home and bake cookies. Or. Sleep with 5-10 people a day taking risks of disease, violence, or death, of which they get to keep less than half what they earn, are you implying they would continue working in the sex trade?

What do you call it when one party is forced to commit an act, and the other party  wantingly commits one?

Consenting is not a word that first pops into my head.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/countries-where-prostitution-is-legal

So only 1 or 2 percent have come forward - of 42 MILLION

To say your post is ... Skewed - is the understatement of the day

Re: drug use - I am a 30 year clean addict

I quit voluntarily - there is no other way to get clean, stay clean.

And I know a Heck of a lot more than a dozen or so other people in the same boat.

Your knowledge - from a "considerable time" - is miniscule

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 4:45 PM, canthai55 said:

In this day and age there is no reason for unwanted pregnancies.

Piles and Piles of info out there -

To disregard it is either laziness or stupidity

Sure but there's also local culture and of course, it takes two to make a child. You can blame Thailand's government and Buddhist leaders for sustaining the ignorance. In rural areas, schools are still <deleted> and most are control by old people who don't really care about truth, facts and real education. They just push the same old brainwashing of love for everything yellow and Buddhist over the real needs of the people. Anyways, in the end, yes the people are lazy and often ignorant.