Seven people injured, one seriously, in Pattaya motorway two-vehicle accident, including Deputy Chief of Rayong Immigration

webfact

tpn.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Banglamung – Seven people have sustained multiple injuries after a two-vehicle crash in Banglamung yesterday afternoon (September 9th).

The Highway Police were notified of the accident at 2:30 P.M. on the Pattaya – Rayong Motorway in Huayyai.

Emergency responders and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find a damaged black sedan and a damaged white car in the middle of the motorway.

The black sedan driver, Deputy Chief of Rayong Immigration office Lieutenant Colonel Tanakorn Nimmano, had sustained injures to his right arm and was given first aid at the scene of the accident.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/10/seven-people-injured-one-seriously-in-pattaya-motorway-two-vehicle-accident-including-deputy-chief-of-rayong-immigration/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

Reading the attached article it appears the police have already decided who is the guilty party even though one car was rammed from behind - No prizes for guessing who the guilty party is ...............

agreed but very difficult to blame a driver that was stopped - you are supposed to avoid such things when driving normally

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

The black sedan driver, Deputy Chief of Rayong Immigration office Lieutenant Colonel Tanakorn Nimmano

Not easy being a black car in Thailand...Now they even discriminate between car colors those bigots... 

Good remark, very difficult, impossible, to know whether the car or the driver is black.... Anyway it's probably a bad timing to go to Immigration right now... ????

[At this stage, police stated that they believe that the white car immediately stopped in the middle of the motorway, although the reason was not clear. Lieutenant Colonel Tanakorn Nimmano was unable to avoid the collision, according to his statement]

Pretty dumb to stop in the middle of the road. 

Yes, following cars are supposed to avoid stationary objects, however, I had cars just stop in front of me (while on my motorbike and while driving) - Some feckless souls believe its ok to stop in the muddle of a main road while they are lost and trying to work out the direction. 

In these situations, had I take my eyes of the road for second, i.e. shoulder check, a glance at the sat-nav etc... the situation could be somewhat harrowing. 

If the Police offers was looking at his phone etc... he stood no chance. 

Whatever happened - the car following is at fault, but highways are a ‘no-stopping zone’ so if the car stopped without good reason they are also complicit. 

This is the reason I have dash-cams on both my bike and in the card - because we never know when someone does something so idiotic its almost unbelievable... i.e. stopping in the middle of the motorway !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

The black sedan driver, Deputy Chief of Rayong Immigration office Lieutenant Colonel Tanakorn Nimmano

Not easy being a black car in Thailand...Now they even discriminate between car colors those bigots... 

I've asked Thai's why they prefer black cars even though they soak up heat like no other and i am always told either...''They make me look strong'' or ''It's the strongest Colour''.    Didn't work out well for this bloke though did it !

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, smedly said:

agreed but very difficult to blame a driver that was stopped - you are supposed to avoid such things when driving normally

Looks like a bimmer going by the photo, probably going far too fast and not able to drive it properly, tailgating, leading to the inevitable smash when something unexpected happened. Could even have been brake checked by the white car.

And as usual its always someone else's fault.