Wasuthon is being deported back to Thailand by Danish authorities

webfact

Wasuthon-scaled.jpg

Wasuthon has lived in Denmark since 2018 – Photo: Michael Svenningsen

by Lasse Sandholdt

Ten-year-old Wasuthon Nielsen also called “Guide” came to Denmark from Thailand three years ago after his adoptive mother brought him with her to her Danish hometown of Taulov, where she lives with her Danish husband. Now the Danish authorities have decided to deport Wasuthon back to Thailand, Fredericia Dagblad writes.

Wasuthon came from Thailand where he lived with his aunt and grandparents. When his aunt, Praphatsanun Nielsen, married her Danish husband Niels Jørgen Fries Nielsen she moved to Denmark. At first, Parphatsanun went to Denmark without Guide who then stayed with his grandparents. Niels first wanted to see if Parphatsanun liked the life in Denmark before they brought Guide, he explains.

Parphatsanun quickly found a cleaning job in Denmark and settled in. She then went back to Thailand and got an official adoption for Guide approved before she brought him back to Denmark with her.

Full story: https://scandasia.com/wasuthon-is-being-deported-back-to-thailand-by-danish-authorities/

sca.jpg

-- © Copyright ScandAsia 2021-09-11

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, finnsk said:

Basicly not a nice thing to do of Denmark, deport a kid with a regular mom (adoption mum), thai mum maried to a danish man, hope this is a paperwork fail from the danish authorities.

I am thinking, could I bring with an adopted son to Thailand, get him a permanent residence because I am maried to a thai woman ? In Denmark you get a permanent residence as a thai, if you get maried to a dane, after a lot of difficult paperwork and rules, but possible and it should be possible to take with regulary kids. Can a forreigner in LOS get permanent residence in LOS because of mariage to a thai - we know the answer.

Yes, I know several. Not easy but certainly possible. A child is easier.

I would like to believe that Denmark has one of the strictest rules regarding refugees and immigrants in the world. Even when it comes to family reunification, Denmark is tough. I would almost guarantee that 90% of the Danish population are happy with that. 

Those they have taken in now from Afghanistan were some who had worked for Denmark in some way while they were in Afghanistan.

• Like 2

So plenty on here think the Danish authorities should make exceptions even when this boy does not meet the criteria?

They should ignore the rules and allow him special treatment?

Just like the Thai authorities do for us Europeans, eh?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, 2long said:

The word 'deported' to me suggests a punishment. From reading the article it looks like they just got their application denied.

I wasn't 'deported' from Australia when my residency application failed. I simply had to leave by a set deadline date.

You obviously agreed to leave, this boy's parents are fighting the decision and, if he is forced to leave, that will be deportation.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

So plenty on here think the Danish authorities should make exceptions even when this boy does not meet the criteria?

They should ignore the rules and allow him special treatment?

The thing is, it's not the Thai authorities who are arguing against Denmark's decision.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You obviously agreed to leave, this boy's parents are fighting the decision and, if he is forced to leave, that will be deportation.

Well, they're not his parents, but my point is only that the headline suggests deportation which I read as 'kept in custody until taken to the airport, asap.' Whereas it appears he has just had his application denied. To ME, this is not being deported until/unless the deadline has passed and the poor lad is in custody await his plane.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

What do you mean?  Europeans applying for residency in Thailand are granted it if they meet Thailand's requirements aren't they?  I disagree with Denmark's decision but all they are asking is that immigrants meet their requirements.  Just as Thailand does.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I disagree with Denmark's decision but all they are asking is that immigrants meet their requirements.  Just as Thailand does.

Not really, Denmark sometimes asks for the impossible, Thailand don't.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What do you mean?  Europeans applying for residency in Thailand are granted it if they meet Thailand's requirements aren't they?  I disagree with Denmark's decision but all they are asking is that immigrants meet their requirements.  Just as Thailand does.

It was sarcasm, I meant the Thais don't budge an inch on their rules so why should the Danes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2long said:
31 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well, they're not his parents, but my point is only that the headline suggests deportation which I read as 'kept in custody until taken to the airport, asap.' Whereas it appears he has just had his application denied. To ME, this is not being deported until/unless the deadline has passed and the poor lad is in custody await his plane.

One is, she adopted him, that makes her a parent and her husband, in the circumstances, can reasonably be referred to as a parent, i.e. stepfather.

"the headline suggests deportation which I read as 'kept in custody until taken to the airport, asap".

Your "reading" of it like that was wrong, then.   

Denmark has decided to deport him but his family and lawyer is fighting it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The thing is, it's not the Thai authorities who are arguing against Denmark's decision.

No, it's one of their own nationals who is biased in his thinking because he is married to the boys Aunt.

So now, he expects his case to be treated differently when Denmark has already explained their position and their reasons why they have refused the boy.

Cases are now coming up in the UK with these Afghan interpreters who have brought over their families, they are now wanting to bring their ' extended families ' over to the UK.

Where does it end? It ends when a government has the backbone to say No!

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, khunPer said:

The are a number of Danes living with their family in Thailand due to this, simply because it either too difficult to get the family to Denmark, or simply impossible.

Very surprising, when your neighbours make it quite easy.. I mean Sweden.

Edited by jacko45k

4 minutes ago, khunPer said:
9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I disagree with Denmark's decision but all they are asking is that immigrants meet their requirements.  Just as Thailand does.

Not really, Denmark sometimes asks for the impossible, Thailand don't.

How can you disagree with my saying that immigrants to Denmark have to meet the country's immigration requirement?   They're not "impossible", as evidenced by the boy's mother being allowed to stay, i.e. she met the requirements.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

No, it's one of their own nationals who is biased in his thinking because he is married to the boys Aunt.

So now, he expects his case to be treated differently when Denmark has already explained their position and their reasons why they have refused the boy.

"...it's one of their own nationals who is biased in his thinking because he is married to the boys Aunt".

He is married to the boy's mother, she adopted him.

• Like 2