A "new model" maybe....?

swissie

On 9/12/2021 at 11:15 PM, swissie said:

Mia Nois are longer term rentals. In rural Thailand short term rentals are possible but harder to come by.

True. If I wanted a short term rental in my town/village here upcountry, I would not have a clue how or where to start.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Totally agree 

An ex hooker probably has more value as she brings in more experience. Just think of all the Arabs and indians that got to her before you did. 

Trust me guys, you always get the best stuff.

There are Females who exist who haven't worked as prostitutes 

• Like 2

On 9/12/2021 at 11:44 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I thought about such a new model. The big question is obviously if life with a new model would be better even after the first or second year. Or would it be necessary to get another new model again and again.

Most of the time I am happy with the existing model, I guess more than 90% of the time. And I guess it wouldn't be easy to find a new model with a higher happiness factor.  So for now I keep the existing model and sometimes I have a drink or two with a temporary replacement. ???? 

Only a drink or two? ????

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2021 at 12:09 AM, JustAnotherHun said:

I prefere to rent. One mistake is enouh.

Back in Scotland before I came to the UK it was a great feeling to have a girl on your arm going on a date because she wanted to be with you, and not because she was getting paid at the end. This also applied when I first came to Thailand before I met my wife.

What is the point of having a girl with you who is only there for the money and is probably only looking forward to a meal and then the end of the evening to get paid?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Back in Scotland before I came to the UK it was a great feeling to have a girl on your arm going on a date because she wanted to be with you, and not because she was getting paid at the end. This also applied when I first came to Thailand before I met my wife.

What is the point of having a girl with you who is only there for the money and is probably only looking forward to a meal and then the end of the evening to get paid?

Are you ready for 7 pages of predictable answers?

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do you know anyone that married a very ugly woman?

No, but I have come across women who married very ugly men, though it has to be said there are always financial reasons involved which is very unlikely if it is the other way around.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He may be blind.

Not at all blind, rather clever...:whistling:
Seems like you don't know the case of the Spanish duchess, she was both old and filthy rich...:thumbsup:

Known for her frizzy hair and colourful dress sense, Maria del Rosario Cayetana Fitz-James Stuart owned swathes of real estate, palaces, great houses and treasures including paintings by great masters from Goya to Velazquez.

Her premier title was Duchess of Alba de Tormes but she had more than 40 others due to a series of complicated marriages by her ancestors, which made her the noble with the most officially recognised titles in the world according to Guinness World Records.

She was reportedly a duchess seven times over and a countess 22 times over, leading to claims that she could travel from Spain's north to its south without ever setting foot on anyone else's property.

Read more HERE.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

When I met my wife 5 years ago she offered full services once a day. Now 5 years later maybe twice a week and some services are not no longer performed. Her attitude truely sucks and thinks I owe her everything.  I told her she needs to get back to full service at least 3 times a week and not leave anything out or else I will find someone that does . Too bad she was stubborn and didn't change.  So out with the old and in with the new 20 years younger than her. Best  change I've ever made. 

Of course there are bad women. Those who are selfish, inconsiderate, even disloyal, those in short who do not fulfil their most basic obligations. In those cases indeed a termination and replacement with a younger, more attractive woman is a better option.

However, the more difficult problem arises in the case of a loyal, good woman, who cooks, cleans, and performs all other obligations, but whose only blemish is the fact that her looks start to fade and her character becomes less pleasant. The latter will happen to all women. So in that case the decision is quite difficult. Because of the very fact that there are so many bad women. If you happened to find a good one, to exchange her then can be a risk that backfires spectacularly. After all, such exchanges are always accompanied by significant financial loss.

Every case is different and men have to make the right decisions. Clearly BTB1977 did and was very fortunate. Well, for now anyway. The question will arise again when the new model becomes older and her character changes.

Edited by Tanomazu

18 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

When I met my wife 5 years ago she offered full services once a day. Now 5 years later maybe twice a week and some services are not no longer performed. Her attitude truely sucks and thinks I owe her everything.  I told her she needs to get back to full service at least 3 times a week and not leave anything out or else I will find someone that does . Too bad she was stubborn and didn't change.  So out with the old and in with the new 20 years younger than her. Best  change I've ever made. 

She most be gutted to lose someone of your quality.  

Edited by Kadilo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/13/2021 at 3:57 PM, Tubulat said:

I live for more than 12 years with my mia noi, the mia luang stays in Europe and accepts it.

From time to time she comes to here and we have a nice time together. 

Does she know that you have a mia noi, or just suspect?...

Either way, don't expect that she suspects nothing. These are women we're talking about. ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

There are no massage shops in my town/village that I know of, it wouldn't matter anyway, if there was and I used it, my wife would soon know.

And she doesn't want you to be happy? Many Thai men seem to be able to juggle both (maybe their methods of domestic control aren't yours though). ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

Not at all blind, rather clever...:whistling:
Seems like you don't know the case of the Spanish duchess, she was both old and filthy rich...:thumbsup:

Known for her frizzy hair and colourful dress sense, Maria del Rosario Cayetana Fitz-James Stuart owned swathes of real estate, palaces, great houses and treasures including paintings by great masters from Goya to Velazquez.

Her premier title was Duchess of Alba de Tormes but she had more than 40 others due to a series of complicated marriages by her ancestors, which made her the noble with the most officially recognised titles in the world according to Guinness World Records.

She was reportedly a duchess seven times over and a countess 22 times over, leading to claims that she could travel from Spain's north to its south without ever setting foot on anyone else's property.

Read more HERE.

Ok no blind but a gigolo, different concept here

• Like 1

7 hours ago, possum1931 said:

No, but I have come across women who married very ugly men, though it has to be said there are always financial reasons involved which is very unlikely if it is the other way around.

And too many shameful examples to be found here. 

Almost extended stereotypical in scope.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/13/2021 at 3:09 PM, sawadee1947 said:

The best comment here.

Indeed we all have younger wives, which might not be possible in our home countries.

And I really admire my wife to live with me old <deleted>. At the end she will be my nurse, finally burn me. ????

My wife is older than I am.

• Haha 2

On 9/13/2021 at 4:17 PM, Tanomazu said:

This is an excellent question, perhaps the key question for any man.

Even if you did everything right and found a girl of 19 at 30, when you are married for 22 years she will be 41 years old. I don't need to remind people of how Brigitte Bardot or Pamela Anderson, bless their souls, look today to underline that even highly attractive women, when they go past 45, 55, or God for bid 65, look like a horror story. It's truly horrific. And it's not just looks, as age goes on character too always gets worse, as the woman is less interested in pleasing you, more wilful and headstrong, more difficult to deal with generally.

So as men we face two options: 1) We accept that we have to wake up next to a crumpled old woman in the morning and have someone that we love not in that romantic way, but in that post-romantic way, where you care for a person, or 2) We break that bridge and try our luck again with a much younger, more fun, more pleasing woman, who will then want everything the first wife wanted, children, marriage, kids, house, and thus will get equally as boring and equally as difficult to deal with.

Affairs are a given, and should be forgiven of a man, who has chosen to be with a crumpled woman. For if money were no object, every man, like Bezos and Gates, would trade in their ageing wife for a newer model.

The problems will be there whatever you do.

Your opinion is so true. Depressing but true

• Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 5:14 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't have children and I don't want children so at least I won't walk into that trap.

Most of the time I am happy with my long term girlfriend. But a few years ago there was a time when she thought giving me headache and bringing up old stories is a good idea. I told her she should not do that and she continued. And then I started to see another girl and the existing model realized there are two options: Be nice or it's over. The new girl didn't work out. But the good news is that the existing model realized that it's time to be nice again. She still remembers that and she is mostly still nice.

I think as bad as it sounds sometimes Thai women need a reminder that there are lots of pretty young girls out there who are willing to be nice to a farang who gives them an easy life.

I dont agree with your first sentence bc I think my child is the best thing in life. 

But I totally agree with your last sentence. A month ago I had to 'remind' my wife to pull her into line. Its all good now. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Fair play to you ????

As human beings we all have our faults, as long we can accept that from each other it will be fine.

It was our opposite characters that collided.

In normal circumstances I visit her once a year, and also to visit my children, without any problem.

13 hours ago, possum1931 said:

True. If I wanted a short term rental in my town/village here upcountry, I would not have a clue how or where to start.

I used to live in the Isan as well as in western Thailand, near the Myanmar border.

Clearly, the Isan Ladies were by far more "easy going" than the ones living in my second domicile in western Thailand. A more affluent, more educated populace than in the Isan. Moral standarts reminding me of my home country in the 1950ies. The "reputation" of a lady still of major importance.

It was like living in 2 different Thailands. No wonder, that the majority of ladies working in the "entertainment-industry" originate from somewhere in the Isan.
This might encourage some prejudice. But rightly so.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2021 at 5:46 AM, swissie said:

Let's assume you are a Farang living in Thailand. You have gotten older and so has your Thai wife.

While sitting on the front porch, enjoying a peaceful sunset, have you ever considered exchanging your current Thai wife for a "newer model"?

Anyone thinking this way has gotten olden but none the wiser.

If late in life your thoughts are all still driven by a little head then it is just kind of sad isn't it?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, swissie said:

I used to live in the Isan as well as in western Thailand, near the Myanmar border.

Clearly, the Isan Ladies were by far more "easy going" than the ones living in my second domicile in western Thailand. A more affluent, more educated populace than in the Isan. Moral standarts reminding me of my home country in the 1950ies. The "reputation" of a lady still of major importance.

It was like living in 2 different Thailands. No wonder, that the majority of ladies working in the "entertainment-industry" originate from somewhere in the Isan.
This might encourage some prejudice. But rightly so.

As a Swiss who is a confederation with different cultures and origins, you are well aware of the differences with Thailand which is a united country of two original countries through wars of conquest so these differences in mentality and ways of life and communication are very evident. , nothing new if you have read the history of this country.