Flying to Bangkok after October 1st.

Hi,

I'm reading that they pushing to re-open Bangkok for tourists by October 1st. under the No Quarantine "Sandbox Scheme".

That would mean that vaccinated people against Covid 19 are allowed to come in without undergoing a 7 or 14-day quarantine.

Does it also mean that unvaccinated people can't come in anymore? Are there any news on that? 

Thank you!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I suspect (just speculation) entry conditions will be as follows: 

Fully vaccinated individuals:

- No quarantine / PCR test on arrival

Unvaccinated individuals:

- Quarantine & 2x PCR tests

I suspect the CoE requirement will have to continue to oversee the ‘vaccination status’ of those traveling to Thailand. 

Once and internationally recognized vaccine passport has been established the CoE requirement may be removed.

Those without may have to quarantine on arrival (& PCR tests). 

Excellent post..........................and that would enable Thailand to open up again.

Anti-vaxxers are very much secondary to that objective - but your proposal does not deny them entry.

I am not sure where they would stand on Covid insurance? Premiums must surely be much higher?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I suspect the CoE requirement will have to continue to oversee the ‘vaccination status’ of those traveling to Thailand. 

Once and internationally recognized vaccine passport has been established the CoE requirement may be removed.

I hope so.Anyway have to wait and see until their friday meeting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In addition carriers in future may require evidence of full vaccination to issue boarding pass etc.

Time will tell. 

The major issue with vaccine cert / passports is for those who genuinely would get a vaccine, but can’t for medical reasons (allergies etc). 

But, if I’m not mistaken, different variations of vaccines are being produced when do not cause the anaphylaxis in those who would otherwise suffer with the conventional vaccines. 
Of course, these ‘fringe anti-allergenic’ vaccines would also need to be recognized across boarders. 

The world has changed. 
I wonder if the change is permanent, or if maintaining controls is going to be too difficult vs the risks and we will slip back to the pre-covid norms 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The major issue with vaccine cert / passports is for those who genuinely would get a vaccine, but can’t for medical reasons (allergies etc). 

Thinking many countries will do this.....

That is folk will obtain exemption to any vaccination requirements based on Medical, Religious beliefs, or whatever else they can come up with.

The medical one (if genuine) is in the "fair enough basket"

Most others just a load of rubbish. Test it in court perhaps coming sooner rather that later.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Currently suggestion only. 

Nothing has changed. 

If anyone can hold off travel to Thailand perhaps a good idea as at some point quarantine for fully vaccinated folk would be replaced by restrictions such as remain in certain area for a period of time. 

Stay is own chosen accom etc.

Can't see that by Oct 1

As for traveling unvaccinated, I think most would be advising that's crazy and perhaps irresponsible. 

Not sure airline policies on that.

Anyone have updates?

And add restrictions that will be in place in transiting countries.

"perhaps irresponsible."

Not perhaps.

It is irresponsible.

4 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

And add restrictions that will be in place in transiting countries.

"perhaps irresponsible."

Not perhaps.

It is irresponsible.

I have been trying to be more polite on AseanNow. 

It's hard. Don't pull me back to the dark side Lord Vader.

What if I change it to "VERY irresponsible".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

So .... the PCR Test although " faulty " is still in use .... giving " false positives " greatttttt   !!   easy way to make money  ......

Edited by kg1947
spacing
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Nothing has been announced but I would guess that the unvaccinated will not be eligible for a tourist visa.  Regardless, whatever the opening plan is, be it October or later, it’s likely going to suck … these people want your money in their terms.  Expect bans on this and that.  Honestly, unless you are trying to get back to Thailand to reunite with family, just drop the idea.  Maybe the end of 2022 would be a reasonable time to holiday here.