Recommendations for buying a new scooter?

mockingbird

In Pattaya for new small cc bikes you don't have much choice but to buy from Mityon,so just go to the nearest one to your residence and

order the bike there  if the staff give you good service if not try the next nearest Mityon.

There is little point trying to shop around for better prices as they are all the same shop..some will offer "free" registration a helmet or a jacket worth a few 100 baht.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you have any back, hip knee issues etc I'd recommend one of the Honda ADV models. The handlebar position, seat shape, and especially the foot pads allow for a very comfortable riding position.i.e you don't slide forward as you ride like most other scooters (the angled foot pads allow you to place the feet and exert a gentle back pressure so you stay exactly where you need to on the seat. 

I have bad hips and found all the others and I rode quite a few before settling on my ADV and ALL of them hurt me especially if riding for a hour or more back n forth. The ADV is slower off the mark and more expensive than a Forza, Click, Aerox but way way more comfy) I find the ADV far more stable too).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1