Proof of Covid Vaccination for retirement extension?

I have to say I agree with the the vaccine.to stop you getting covid bad...but it will not stop you getting it and will not stop you carrying it ...so I can't understand the rules around having it to get into places and countries... Unless Thailand will use of it to make money .somehow...but they could have charged us falang a fee any how For the jab..

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Topic more suited to Covid-19 forum.

Has nothing to do with extensions at this time. 

Topic is suited i believe.  The unvaccinated whether intentional or unavoidable is a Thailand problem now and affecting everyday lives for all.  Immigration as well

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

Topic is suited i believe.  The unvaccinated whether intentional or unavoidable is a Thailand problem now and affecting everyday lives for all.  Immigration as well

May as well start a thread discussing if insurance will become compulsory for all extensions. 

All speculation.

More suited for pub forum or at best covid-19 forum.

• Like 1

At what stage do you suppose Immigration and other offices open to the public will drop the mask wearing requirement?

My guess is never. Enough Thai people were wearing these things long before anyone had ever heard of Covid that I think they have become a necessary part of life in most of East and South-east Asia forever more, even when SARS-COV2 has become little more than another variation on the common cold. 

A lot has changed over the last 18 months, and sadly some of it is going to become part of our new normal lives.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Broken Record said:

I think proof of Vaccination will be a requirement in the not to distant future, what say you guys ?

Maybe..maybe not on vaccinations because it is quickly becoming clear they have a short life (Israel claiming 6 months & Biden already boosting)

but I believe 100% medical insurance will be needed for extension renewals

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Broken Record said:

I think proof of Vaccination will be a requirement in the not to distant future, what say you guys ?

I believe everyone has a choice and just because I opted to get 2 shots of the vaccine doesn't mean anyone should be forced to get one.

We still live in a democratic society I think, well at least we still have some freedoms, that said, even though, those of us that are vaccinated can still get it and spread the virus doesn't mean we can't get sick or die, although they do say that the vaccines will keep us out of hospital and reduce serious illness if we get it.

That statement while important maybe correct for the majority, however there have been cased where people who have been vaccinated twice have died when infected, mainly the very old I believe and those with immunocompromised immune systems.

I was in contact with a mate back in Oz yesterday after a bit of a spell, i.e. I sent him a message on messenger and hadn't heard back from him for a while which was unusual, he then replied 2 weeks later, just got out of being in hospital for two weeks with Covid, he is 61, said it was the worst time of his life, thought he was going to die. I asked if he had been vaxed and he said no, he didn't believe Covid was so bad and that his immune system would handle it, I advised him to get a shot in about 3 months to increase his antibodies and he said yes, the Dr's and nurses all said the same so that he doesn't end up in the same way or worse when his antibodies wane in time.

I said that I found it unusual that he didn't get vaxed, him being a father of 6 and the breadwinner and he said there was a lot of s*it going on the internet and I said yes, got me earlier on, it's a divider and has caught a lot of people out.

The above said, let those who don't want to get vaxed meet their day with Covid, remember, we can also spread it, so if they aren't vaxed, it's there choice and they have a date with Covid whether they like it or not, will they survive it, I hope so, so that they can remember that choices we pick when we can't cut through the s*it on the internet, can sometimes be the wrong choice.

Force is not the answer, encouragement and continued education is the way, otherwise people rebel when you take their freedoms away, look at the USA and the UK, I have read many on the front line have resigned, also happening in Australia, but it is not being reported, these are people with years of experience that are needed desperately in crises like this, so I hope we don't end up with a void there because they are being forced, i.e. having their freedoms taken away, who will fill in the void then ?

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Based on what? Some dream you had.

Pure guess work. 

Exactly same guess work the OP is based on that vaccination will become an extension requirement. 

I would place a bet in Medical Insurance becoming a requirement of visa extensions

Perhaps you saw recent proposals for even the well heeled $$$ ?

Their visa had perks but also required medical insurance same as OA

They will require Wealthy pensioners  to have insurance & you think the common man who has less $$ will not need it? 555

Wealthy pensioners: They are retirees over 50 years old who receive regular pensions from foreign countries. He or she must invest at least $250,000 in Thai government bonds, as FDI or property. A minimum pension of $40,000 a year is mandatory, or $80,000 a year in case they are not making investments. They must have health insurance covering medical expenses of $100,000 throughout the visa period.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/government-makes-bold-move-to-woo-wealthy-highly-skilled-foreigners/

All that aside we could call it common sense...It has been coming for awhile now with the

many reported cases of foreigners needing hospital services & claiming no $$$

Really started getting legs back when the Graham & Pie guy went for crowd funding to get heart surgery

Again even that aside...you think after what the pandemic showed they will not require a form of health insurance for long term extensions?

That I would call a dream ????

Edited by meechai
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, meechai said:

I would place a bet in Medical Insurance becoming a requirement of visa extensions

I agree and believe it should be a prerequisite in all countries, that said, it would more than likely be for new applicants, not the existing.

When and if they do bring it in and if they make it for all of us, they will have to consider some folk here can't afford it because of how expensive the premiums are due to their ages and or pre-existing conditions.

I have private cover, personal choice and frankly wouldn't be without it here, you get what you pay for.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

Everywhere in the 'Western' world is debating & fighting over the same question: Should we make vax compulsory for you to do this or that?

In Thailand, where enforcement of any law is problematic, compulsion will probably die a quick death except where it is obviously desirable and easily enforced (eg plane travel and immigration including stay renewals).

And even if you disagree you'ld be foolish not to plan accordingly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

When and if they do bring it in and if they make it for all of us, they will have to consider some folk here can't afford it because of how expensive the premiums are due to their ages and or pre-existing conditions.

Yes one would hope that when they start requiring it they also have policies available for all in a range of prices. Although if one looks I see more & more international polices with decent prices for all

• Like 1