Covid passports from 1 Oct still on or no?

TPDH

Hey

First they announced that there will be COVID passports from 1 Oct. Then I saw some news that they scrapped it because the restaurant industry didn't like it. Will COVID passports be required to enter some venues in Bangkok from 1 Oct? If so, for which venues do you need one? 

Thanks. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TucsonDavid said:

I am in Hua Hin and will get my Vaccination book thru Hua Hin Hospital this Friday. 50 Baht, information desk lady took copies of paper and vaccine certified letter. Except for the lines to pay the 50 Baht, an easy process. 

Hope to apply tomorrow...did you need a photograph..?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rinrada said:

I got mine in CM. I needed to show my passport and certificate of vaccination (and provide a copy of each), and fill a form. No picture needed. 5 days, 50 baht.

I scanned and emailed the yellow book ("covid-19 certificate of vaccination") to the authority in charge in my country, and got back the next day the so-called Green Pass (needed for many indoor venues, trains, planes, travel to other EU countries). 12 months validity from my second vaccination. I had 2x AZ.

ps: sorry to disappoint all the "Thai jabs are not recognized" folks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, adexgh said:

Amazing how sheep people are here, nobody protesting against it.

How much active protesting have you personally done against it? Just refusing to go along with it is barely even passive protesting...actually leaning towards sheepish.

Edited by ColeBOzbourne
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, LeatFingies said:

It’s amazing how many people are in favor of getting this. This will be just the beginning of future mandates.

Well unless I get a yellow vaccination passport I won't be able to return to my country when they lift the 14 day quarantine rules. 

Also as far as me getting into restaurants, cinema's and the like requiring verification that I have been vaxed, I certainly won't be using them, even if that means not eating out and the like, more money in my pocket until they lift it. 

The above said, international airlines will get a peak.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, arithai12 said:

I got mine in CM. I needed to show my passport and certificate of vaccination (and provide a copy of each), and fill a form. No picture needed. 5 days, 50 baht.

I scanned and emailed the yellow book ("covid-19 certificate of vaccination") to the authority in charge in my country, and got back the next day the so-called Green Pass (needed for many indoor venues, trains, planes, travel to other EU countries). 12 months validity from my second vaccination. I had 2x AZ.

ps: sorry to disappoint all the "Thai jabs are not recognized" folks.

That’s a good boy. The government loves compliant children.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LeatFingies said:

That’s a good boy. The government loves compliant children.

An anonymous, (supposed) adult on the internet that resorts to condescension and name calling when he disagrees with other people's views. Yeah, you sound like the person everyone should follow. But then that would just be more compliance, wouldn't it?

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 6:13 PM, Rinrada said:

Answer to my question...err... No... only glanced at form...Got no 2 yesterday and went down to NKP hospital Travel clinic...2 minutes walk from Pantip Plaza in CM,Should you need photocopies C19 Cert,passport.....lady on 4 th floor will issue.Will pick up our Yellow books next week...

On 9/29/2021 at 10:26 PM, bbko said:

Too many farangs are over-thinking this and worrying, if the restaurant, business, etc won't let you in, walk away and find a place that will accept you, it's not the end of the world.

I might accept a Covid passport for international travel but no way am i using one just to get a beer or a meal. If they want one well bye bye.

1 hour ago, LeatFingies said:

Don’t worry. Nanny state will take care of you. Just follow what you’re told.

It’s just a little bit longer of lockdown. Just need to wear your masks a little bit longer. Just need to get vaccinated. Just need to get a vaccine passport. Just need a booster shot. Just need some more booster shots. Just need your vaccine passport to buy things.

Some Burger Kings in the USA are already refusing to serve any customers without their mark of the beast. 

E7CBB991-F933-4F22-A898-29BBC9C367E4.jpeg

How fitting that antivaxxers known for their lack of intelligence and mistrust of science take an other fairytale book to make their point. 

Give me Darwin any day seems he takes care of more and more of those antivaxxers. A clear victory for science over ignorance.

Its amazing reading about prominent antivaxxers dying of covid, last one a Dutch strongest man competitor and died son in hospital both vocal antivaxxers. When the son was asked if he and his dad were vaxed He said it did not matter because with a vaccine you can die too. Shows me how dumb the antivaxxers are. 

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/29/2021 at 3:51 PM, cardinalblue said:

My understanding is the purpose of the yellow book passport is for international travel…

domestically, you can use your 2 dose paper certificate or your phone digital passport via ministry of public health if you don’t get or need the yellow passport 

All these are very confusing and not explained properly. Why do we need a vaccine passport if we were vaccinated in Thailand?

There are many who were not vaccinated inside Thailand so they don't have the Mor Prom vaccination cert.

Edited by EricTh

On 9/29/2021 at 10:28 PM, arithai12 said:

ps: sorry to disappoint all the "Thai jabs are not recognized" folks.

So the purpose of the Thai vaccine passport is to convert to another vaccine passport (Green Pass in the case of EU) in other countries?

So EU won't accept the local vaccination certificate issued at the hospital?

Edited by EricTh

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

I might accept a Covid passport for international travel but no way am i using one just to get a beer or a meal. If they want one well bye bye.

Usually the bigger chain of restaurants will enforce this like McDonald, KFC, Burger King.... only the small eateries won't enforce this.

2 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Is the yellow book the same yellow book as the "International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis" as you can get all your vaccination written/stamped in?

Thanks Felt

I think they mean this yellow book below ....