HDD/SSD removable for PC

Stuart

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Not clear what you mean by a removable sliding tray. Maybe describe what you are looking for, or a photo.

I think he means a tray where you can put in a HDD and then boot your pc from that!!

So you don't have a Fixed HDD in your PC, but all loose HDD's (that's how I used it any way to boot from different OS)

Edit: Something like this

images.jpg.4708ae30aa3467d7ef3c85886c09267b.jpg

Edited by MJCM
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I just have a SSD for my OS, and everything else is on my ZyXel NAS or 4TB USB drives.

IMHO internal storage drives are things of the past.

They are when you have a NAS otherwise they might still have use. I got a NAS too not much date is stored on my PC besides games.

25 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I just have a SSD for my OS, and everything else is on my ZyXel NAS or 4TB USB drives.

<snip>

That is good,  I have 2 NAS (4Bay and a 2 Bay) but I still backup stuff (ALSO) to external drives from my Internal Drives (SSD and 2 TiB)

NAS.jpg.386c0a16345bf2e8d3742a9c75773432.jpg

ext.jpg

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

That is ONE person, blocked for violating rules and making, in his own words, a stupid mistake. 

Could happen to you! I personally wouldn't relay on only the "Cloud" for saving my important files!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

Could happen to you! I personally wouldn't relay on only the "Cloud" for saving my important files!

I don't. I have a separate SSD which is all my data, and that is backed up to One Drive any time something changes. Photos also on Google Drive.

• Like 1

At Tuckom upper floor, it is a easy sliding to open  case to put disk inside , i bought 2 already for HDD from deceased laptops to use further as external storage 

2.5 ENCLOSURE (กล่องใส่ฮาร์ดดิสก์) ORICO USB 3.0 SLIDE CASE 2588US3 (jib.co.th)

2021-09-30_114348.png

Edited by david555
  • Like 1