Wise transfer today 397 times faster than the speed of sound. Boom!

14 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I don't think Wise give a monkeys how they get your money, credit, debit or bank transfer., as long as they get it. There is a higher charge if you use a card due to charges Wise has to pay.

Wrong, just plain wrong! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I have to laugh yet again with posters claiming the delay time on arrival of monies are down to the reason you list for sending it in the first place !

Guys thats solely to do with anti money laundering should you ever find yourself under investigation at some point in the future  !!  Its makes NO difference lol what you put !!  Its purely for Transferwise Adminstration purposes and complying with regulations !

If you get different time spans its got sod all to do with Noi and her Buffalo's lol

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Chivas said:

I have to laugh yet again with posters claiming the delay time on arrival of monies are down to the reason you list for sending it in the first place !

Guys thats solely to do with anti money laundering should you ever find yourself under investigation at some point in the future  !!  Its makes NO difference lol what you put !!  Its purely for Transferwise Adminstration purposes and complying with regulations !

If you get different time spans its got sod all to do with Noi and her Buffalo's lol

You obviously did not read, or agree with my post where I said I did two simultaneous transfers for Bht 5000 each, one as for 'long term stay' and one for 'expenses'. The former took until 2pm that day, the other was instant. 

If it is for long stay and needing to be an International Transfer, a human being must be involved so hence the longer time.

Try it yourself and prove me wrong.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Okay, you got me. It's a fair cop Guvnor! ????

To check that I wasn't giving false info, I just did a transfer into Wise from my Nationwide CREDIT card, took seconds to show credit on my Wise account, and of course, a debit in my N'wide account.

Maybe it will take a little longer if you simply say to Wise, take some GBP from this bank account or card. But I doubt it.

Edited by KannikaP

4 hours ago, sapson said:

Is it a viable alternative to Western Union for someone wishing to use a credit card as source of funds.

Rates are certainly better.

I may be seen as a cash advance transaction by the credit card company and incur more charges (and/or no interest free period) due to that.  lt depends on the card supplier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Try it yourself and prove me wrong.

He can't and won't.  This was explained just recently when the exact same point was made regarding the reason for transfer causing a delay, but you can't teach stupid as the saying goes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stigar said:

Save me money when withdraw in thailand or other countries everytime.

Are you limited to 2 ATM withdrawals per month with a maximum of £200 GBP or similar before charges kick in?  And having to pay the Thai ATM fees?

8 hours ago, treetops said:

Are you limited to 2 ATM withdrawals per month with a maximum of £200 GBP or similar before charges kick in?  And having to pay the Thai ATM fees?

I would imagine YES, but after that it is only £o.50 per withdrawal. I suspect the Thai ATM fee will still apply, so go into the bank to do your withdrawal.

13 hours ago, KannikaP said:

To check that I wasn't giving false info, I just did a transfer into Wise from my Nationwide CREDIT card, took seconds to show credit on my Wise account, and of course, a debit in my N'wide account.

Maybe it will take a little longer if you simply say to Wise, take some GBP from this bank account or card. But I doubt it.

Your Nationwide account directly debited?

It must be a debit card and not a credit card.

1 minute ago, RafPinto said:

Your Nationwide account directly debited?

It must be a debit card and not a credit card.

Sorry for my bad wording.  I should have said that I used my N'wide CREDIT card to transfer funds to Wise and it showed on that card's account, not on my current account balance, yet!.

10 hours ago, treetops said:

Sorry, I repeated myself.

Edited by KannikaP

16 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Could you use them to transfer from an Australian or New Zealand credit card to a friends Thai bank account.

16 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Debit cards only, I believe. Bank transfers as well.

In the UK they accept debit or credit cards.

• Like 2

Slightly off topic, but pertaining to Wise, has anyone tried their new ASSETS system, where your cash is invested in some sort of fund and could theoretically give you a reasonable profit each month, assuming the stocks continue as they are doing.

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I would imagine YES, but after that it is only £o.50 per withdrawal. I suspect the Thai ATM fee will still apply, so go into the bank to do your withdrawal.

I tried that some years ago and they told me to use the atm.

I did two transfers this week.  Both took the next business day.  With that said if I entered a small amount the message on the screen said it would be sent within seconds.  When a larger amount was entered the message changed to the next business day.  The funds had already been converted to baht in both cases. 

On 10/7/2021 at 5:21 PM, sapson said:

Could you use them to transfer from an Australian or New Zealand credit card to a friends Thai bank account.

I presume the credit card holder would have to open a wise account, funded via the credit card and then transfer from the wise account to the recipients Thai bank account having the swift code and name.

Is it a viable alternative to Western Union for someone wishing to use a credit card as source of funds.

I transfer regularly from my NZ bank accounts, to my Thai bank accounts, never any problem. 

I will try with my NZ visa card shortly.. 

2 minutes ago, murraynz said:

I transfer regularly from my NZ bank accounts, to my Thai bank accounts, never any problem. 

I will try with my NZ visa card shortly.. 

Thanks, NZ credit card to a wise account out to a third party Thai bank account ?

Let us know if wise accept the funding from the NZ credit card?

Thanks.

I have been using wise 3 years. No big transactions. All under 20,000 baht most under 10,000.  I seem to recall I have 3 payment options, where i can use credit card, or ach bank transfer.  Can't recall the 3rd.   I use ACH bank because lowest fee. 

I do have a question regarding security of my bank account.   I recall when I set up my wise acct and connecting my bank account they had  transferred two separate small ( penny) amounts as a test.   Then if I could tell them the penny amounts I was approved.   I also recall I had to provide my bank acct name and password 3 years ago.   I also just sent 7000 baht 2 weeks ago to mom and they wanted the bank I'd and password as a reverification.   This info means someone could deplete this bank account. It's not huge but usually 5-10 k USD.  This really freaked me out the first time and I did change my bank password immediately.   Anyone else need to provide bank acct name and password?

31 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I have been using wise 3 years. No big transactions. All under 20,000 baht most under 10,000.  I seem to recall I have 3 payment options, where i can use credit card, or ach bank transfer.  Can't recall the 3rd.   I use ACH bank because lowest fee. 

I do have a question regarding security of my bank account.   I recall when I set up my wise acct and connecting my bank account they had  transferred two separate small ( penny) amounts as a test.   Then if I could tell them the penny amounts I was approved.   I also recall I had to provide my bank acct name and password 3 years ago.   I also just sent 7000 baht 2 weeks ago to mom and they wanted the bank I'd and password as a reverification.   This info means someone could deplete this bank account. It's not huge but usually 5-10 k USD.  This really freaked me out the first time and I did change my bank password immediately.   Anyone else need to provide bank acct name and password?

Normally believe it is only for funding account and is not done by Wise but a 3rd party official site used by banks and secure and Wise does not have your password.  The 2 deposit method is another means.  The bank ID and password two weeks ago must have been for your funding bank (although sounds as if you are saying for mom)?  After change to Wise name had them try to sign me on for transfers of $3.000 but not for $1,500 and sign on failed as bank uses new system - on failure they offered the 2 deposit method and that worked fine.  

I just did an xfer this afternoon of about 500 USD, they said it took 5 seconds. Indeed it did. I opened my Krungthai app and there it was. Wow.

Just a lowly ESL teacher here with my monthly take from teaching intl adults, to supplement my modest Issan govt school teaching salary. Unlike the rest of you Donald Trumps out there. Heh. I reckon it has to do with the Thai economy desperate for foreign currency in response to the falling baht.

On 10/7/2021 at 5:21 PM, sapson said:

I presume the credit card holder would have to open a wise account, funded via the credit card and then transfer from the wise account to the recipients Thai bank account having the swift code and name.

I transfer from my CC to wise account..sterling..  a few seconds..then convert to Thai money...a few seconds...then transfer to my Thai account...overnight..

11 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I transfer from my CC to wise account..sterling..  a few seconds..then convert to Thai money...a few seconds...then transfer to my Thai account...overnight..

Thanks it does seem to be possible with CC deposit, will try and convert my friend away from WU with their outrageous exchange rates.

On 10/7/2021 at 5:00 PM, 86Tiger said:

I have traditionally gotten next day service as well.

However, last week it took 4 seconds to Kasikorn Bank.

Wise keeps getting it better.....

Well we have another thread complaining that Wise transfers into Bangkok Bank are not being flagged as FTT (foreign), which is an issue if one is using 12x monthly 60k transfers to support a Retirement Extension.

Edited by jacko45k