Wise transfers not being processed as International (Specifically Bangkok Bank)

23 hours ago, LarrySR said:

Years ago, my bank letter stated 850,000bt then I withdrew 10,000bt updated the book. 840,000bt. 

Immigration officer would not accept it even though I was 40,000bt above the requirement. 
Official insisted the number in the letter and book match exactly and sent me away. 

Last year, I showed up with matching letter and book balance and the official insisted I go to the bank, make a withdrawal and update the book. 
Letter and book didn’t match up. 
no problem. 

Some officers love to demonstrate they have power, for no other reason than they can. ????

• Like 2

Well i've just had a lookie at doing a transfer with Wise and despite having my account tagged to Bangkok Bank it states it will arrive in seconds, now that will not have the required FTT coding as it will not be routed to Bangkok Bank direct if my experiences are anything to go by, to obtain the FTT code your transfer will state an approx 2pm arrival time. 

<deleted> are Wise up to ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I just made two transfers this morning - both said seconds until later in process when destination account was selected and changed to the 2PM (six hours).  The key is to have the destination account tagged as quite sure if I select my other BBL account it would be immediate.

Thanks for your post, yes you are correct, i've just done the same with two transfers and got the same result later on in the process (due to arrive at 2.13pm tomorrow 2/11)

My account is tagged so hopefully they will have the FTT account as they are not arriving "in seconds."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Should be FTT and I did at 0834 Thai time so will arrive today.  Believe cut off is 0900 for same day (our time).  

Yes indeed it should. I put off actually doing the transfer until i saw your post and by the time i did it it was circa 10am Thai time so will arrive tomorrow (2/11). As long as they arrive with the FTT code i'm happy, phew !!!!

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

How much roughly do you guys transfer? I'm thinking of testing with 10,000 GBP

I did a few $100 USD test transfers, before and after having my transfers tagged to only route through BB, only after I saw I was getting the FTT code did I send enough to meet the OA visa requirement.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Just enough for the monthly income requirement - have made two transfers of $1,500 for that at start of month to tagged account so about 97,000 baht

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I did a 50GBP test transfer and then another for 1950GBP and both are expected to arrive with FTT coding. That easily meets my 65K monthly requirement.

I just logged in to Wise. Says if I send money now, it should arrive tomorrow..

If it were going to be an instant transfer....wouldn't it say in seconds....not tomorrow???

1pm here now.

Sucks I have to be so worried about something that used to be no problem.

3 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

If it were going to be an instant transfer....wouldn't it say in seconds....not tomorrow???

1pm here now.

That is exactly what you want if making deposit to Bangkok Bank account for immigration income requirement as they arrive next day a bit after 1400 if transfer after 0930 (per above Pib post which I suspect is true).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

1pm here now.

Which is odd, because I just did a Wise transfer today at mid-day (BKB), and it arrived instantly.

Not marked as FTT even though I requested that.

Edited by BritManToo

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Which is odd, because I just did a Wise transfer today at mid-day (BKB), and it arrived instantly.

Not marked as FTT even though I requested that.

I suspect the account you deposited into was not tagged to use Bangkok Bank for sending.  It seems the 'long stay in Thailand' may not be doing anything for last few weeks and receiving account needs to be tagged to use Wise BBL account as source.

• Like 1

• Today at 1:13 pm

You set up your transfer

• Today at 1:13 pm

You used your USD balance

• Your money's being processed

• Tomorrow at 10:00 am

We pay out your THB

• Tomorrow at 2:13 pm

You receive your THB

If my transfer arrives tomorrow at 2:13pm like they say... I will be pleasantly surprised. 

After 5 emails asking to tag my transfer to only go to BBL....and never receiving a lucid reply.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

If my transfer arrives tomorrow at 2:13pm like they say... I will be pleasantly surprised. 

Bangkok Bank are normally pretty efficient in crediting Wise transfers to their accounts in my experience. This is usually done at 2:00pm or 2:01pm and the latest it's ever been in my 14 months of Wise transfers to date was 2:08pm on one occasion.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

£10,000 is rather on the high side for a test transfer IMHO. To check whether or not my BKKB account registrations on Wise had been tagged I initiated token transfers each of £100.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

This whole thread was started because earlier in the month, even 'tagged' accounts were being sent to Bkk Bank via Kasikorn. 

29 pages of theories, ideas, explanations and blame on Wise or Bkk Bank etc. later, all seems to be back to normal in that respect. Can it be now deleted? 

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

a number of people on Facebook banging on that their transfers aren't International, probably tagging hasn't been set up properly or they just misunderstand, so I'd say it isn't a closed topic yet

Let them sort it out on Farcebook then.   LOL

I note that this thread was started at the beginning of October by a forum member who had a monthly transfer by Wise into their Bangkok bank account did not have the coveted Foreign Transfer code against it.  After having successfully used Transferwise ever since us Brits stopped being able to get embassy letters like many I thought the poster may have used the wrong reason for the transfer or perhaps it was just a glitch. However I have just received my November transfer and, to my dismay,  it is shown as a Smart interbank transfer. This is the first 'misfire' in well over two years. I know I used the correct reason for transfer. I also know that I can print off the Wise document showing that the funds came from abroad and the relevant page from my UK bank account but it will just add to the pressure when extending my stay next year.  It would appear that whatever problem that Wise was having at the beginning of October have not yet been resolved one month later. After 100% success rate to date I suppose that one failure is perhaps forgivable and for this one month I can do a second Swift transfer direct from my bank but I hope that this is not a sign of more problems to come.    

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sniggie said:

I note that this thread was started at the beginning of October by a forum member who had a monthly transfer by Wise into their Bangkok bank account did not have the coveted Foreign Transfer code against it.  After having successfully used Transferwise ever since us Brits stopped being able to get embassy letters like many I thought the poster may have used the wrong reason for the transfer or perhaps it was just a glitch. However I have just received my November transfer and, to my dismay,  it is shown as a Smart interbank transfer. This is the first 'misfire' in well over two years. I know I used the correct reason for transfer. I also know that I can print off the Wise document showing that the funds came from abroad and the relevant page from my UK bank account but it will just add to the pressure when extending my stay next year.  It would appear that whatever problem that Wise was having at the beginning of October have not yet been resolved one month later. After 100% success rate to date I suppose that one failure is perhaps forgivable and for this one month I can do a second Swift transfer direct from my bank but I hope that this is not a sign of more problems to come.    

You need to read the thread to find the solution.  Doing nothing will get you the same result next month.

• Like 1