PM can't wait any longer: 27 countries could be granted no quarantine access to Thailand

webfact

He doesn't include the Philippines because they are generally poorer. But they are good people, and everywhere I go now (yes, I'm here), people are respectfully wearing masks, and when entering shopping malls, a face shield in addition to the mask.

Dining in at some places requires a vaccination card.

Not entirely relevant, I guess, but foreigners are not reviled by the authorities. In fact the opposite.

On my 30-day entry stamp, I am now some 18 months 'over stay'. 

"Never mind. Stay safe and get vaccinated."

We can depart when able to without hassle. 

Could I be blacklisted from Thailand for mentioning this? ????

Edited by TechnikaIII
Minor corrections
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Speak for yourself as I'll be there asap if all I need is PCR test on departure and arrival 

and maybe a week (or more?) in quarantine if you test positive on arrival, or sit next to someone who does, or get a false positive. I'm waiting until that threat is dropped before I make plans. They'll get a lot of returning expats in Nov, so that's something

• Like 2

14 hours ago, webfact said:

San Marino,  Slovakia, Slovenia,  Uruguay, Barbados, China and Croatia.

is china that small country in the carribeans between san marino and barbados?

HHHHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA  i think i get now those thai officials. this

whole pandemic thing makes them feel like world emperors, sitting on the globe's map and commenting about this and that country. obviously they have no idea where san marino is and how many people live in barbados, they just...well...i think i better leave now.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, drenddy said:

And Portugal, with the highest vaccination rate in the EU and incidence rate 87(which is very low), not on the list.

portugal is not big money same same U.S. germany and U.K.

Obviously those officials do not care much about the health measures they themselves

suggesting, and just want to open to as much money spenders as possible, which is ok, just

don't give us all those vaccines talk.

4 hours ago, Moncul said:

spacer.png

There is a proverb : "L'important, ce n'est pas la destination, c'est le voyage" (could translate by : "what matters is not the destination, it's the journey").

I may wait to see how this works or not... Doubt it will work for travellers, especially high-medium net-worth.

Countries meaning (really) business like Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, to name a few (and the list will grow for sure) are asking : nothing ! or just insurance ! or just one test. No sand-or-hospital boxes ! No 3 tests. No bureaucratic nightmare. And no change of plan every month or so...

I still doubt Thailand government want to restore tourism business, it's just political announcement.

No more Farang-set ! (Français, not on the list).

4 hours ago, bennn said:

How do you like Colombia? I am planning on heading there in January. Not really dangerous as long as you're not stupid? Much of a lockdown on now? Are the schools open?

Any info much appreciated ????

It's tense, politically, but does not affect tourists.

The BIG problem with Latin America is the disconfort, total opposite to Thailand in particular. Noise, noise, more noise (and Klaxon in Colombia are something crazy annoying, even the scooter-taxi klaxon all-the-fuc..-time !).

And to rent a house or something is almost mission impossible, that's something. Not to mention to rent a scooter, forget about it. And that's basic for a expat or a traveller.

Hotels or AirB are too many time pathetics (but expensive though), small old beds, thin window, etc. Many things not working (Mexico airport permanent mess is telling you something about how everything will be complicated from the start), internet not working in some entire area for example too in Mexico, etc. Do not forget to check if the 4 stars hotel has hot water, it's not garanteed ???? Last but not least : trust cannot be strong.

I mean outch ! How you miss Thailand after that !

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, bennn said:

How do you like Colombia? I am planning on heading there in January. Not really dangerous as long as you're not stupid? Much of a lockdown on now? Are the schools open?

Any info much appreciated ????

I am in Chapinero, Bogota now. Red light district. Was in Bucaramanga for a couple of months. Pretty safe there. 

Pretty much anything goes here. No lockdown what so ever!

I would post more but I would probably get banned or deleted.

Have fun.

Edited by garyk
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sambotte said:

It's tense, politically, but does not affect tourists.

The BIG problem with Latin America is the disconfort, total opposite to Thailand in particular. Noise, noise, more noise (and Klaxon in Colombia are something crazy annoying, even the scooter-taxi klaxon all-the-fuc..-time !).

And to rent a house or something is almost mission impossible, that's something. Not to mention to rent a scooter, forget about it. And that's basic for a expat or a traveller.

Hotels or AirB are too many time pathetics (but expensive though), small old beds, thin window, etc. Many things not working (Mexico airport permanent mess is telling you something about how everything will be complicated from the start), internet not working in some entire area for example too in Mexico, etc. Do not forget to check if the 4 stars hotel has hot water, it's not garanteed ???? Last but not least : trust cannot be strong.

I mean outch ! How you miss Thailand after that !

Hahaha, I am in an upscale condo furnished 24/7 security. 650/month. Includes a washer. Brand new condo. 

I find posts like this pretty comical.

Edited by garyk
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, anthos said:

Who would've expected Moldova to become a leader in pandemic management.

Aren't the Shinawatras holed up there?  You *know* the PM would like to entice them to return, or at least remove any barriers to their return...  ????

16 minutes ago, garyk said:

Hahaha, I am in an upscale condo furnished 24/7 security. 650/month. Includes a washer. Brand new condo. 

I find posts like this pretty comical.

Yeah.  Would somebody characterize all of Asia with a single comment like that?  Latin America is a huge area with a wide variety of situations.  No doubt that poster encountered some issues whereever s/he was, but by and large, Latin America is very livable for folks from the rest of the western world.

I live in Mexico in a large furnished & renovated colonial rental house and pay even less than you.  I have washer/dryer, stable internet, and CATV.  Quiet, safe neighborhood.  Electricity & running water, too. ????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

He needs positive press and the opening of Thailand and saving Christmas will be the ticket.

Lol yes because in Bhuddist Thailand, Christmas is oh so important....

Being here almost 20 years now full time, I can say I am pleasantly surprised with how well Thailand has navigated thru all this < #%#@$@ imo>.

This area is actually in a bit of a boom now, and most here are fine with keeping borders closed, esp. as many arrivals may be unwittingly carriers of who knows what....

This is the last i read about countries they will allow without quarantene...US..UK..Germany..China..Singapore..Norway..Sweden..Denmark..AUS..South-korea...France..Russia..

Anyway i hold my breath until the embassy in my country confirm this.

Not going to thailand before next year anyway.

Thailand seems to forget that most countries have been affected by COVID and many people 

do not have the money to travel far, even if they want to. Many people are struggling to pay their bills

and although there are some who still can travel, will they.   Unless Thailand gets rid of a lot of its restrictions,

the numbers of visitors will be low. I think that by December 1st, the Thai government may finally see the light.

Geezer

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

Yeah.  Would somebody characterize all of Asia with a single comment like that?  Latin America is a huge area with a wide variety of situations.  No doubt that poster encountered some issues whereever s/he was, but by and large, Latin America is very livable for folks from the rest of the western world.

I live in Mexico in a large furnished & renovated colonial rental house and pay even less than you.  I have washer/dryer, stable internet, and CATV.  Quiet, safe neighborhood.  Electricity & running water, too. ????

Lived in the Yucatan for a while. Safest place I have lived in Mexico. On my way back home, I am stopping over in Mexico to visit friends. 

3 hours ago, Mike KIWI said:

I am flying from NZ to Thailand on sunday.  Easy enough to travel to Thailand. Impossible to come back.

Yes it’s the problem coming back that puts me off. How did you arrange your exemption ? 

48 minutes ago, sirineou said:

If you don't like it. wait a day, it's sure to change LOL

The are changing the CoE to a web based application. What can go wrong with that?

As difficult the  CoE was when we did it, at least when there was a problem (and there were a few) we called the Embassy and resolved it. 

Have you ever tried to call the Web? 

Or even a couple of months. 

By January, I'm betting that all these new/same old convoluted will be trashed and they'll just allow the old ways of processing.

• Like 2

Until Thailand lifts it's vaccination numbers some of these countries may not allow their citizens to return without quarantining. This will be a deterrent for short term tourist visitors who then will need to fork out for their quarantine costs on return to their home countries. Simply opening your borders will not ensure an influx of touri$t number$.

I'm not sure sinovac as a vaccination will be recognised as a suitable vaccination in terms of % of people having been vaccinated within the country. The government has to realise there is more involved than simply throwing open the borders.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

#FreeSoapies at Swampy for all those dirty grandpas...Clean Up Campaign!....just hope I dont arrive on the ladyboy shift...

Noi said she no longer loves me..called me kee neow

if Noi gets hold of you you'll get more than your shirt pulled that's for sure.

22 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Speak for yourself as I'll be there asap if all I need is PCR test on departure and arrival 

But what about the COE?? Need to get  a night in AQ For test result. 

• Like 2