It's raining again.

champers

As far as I can tell this rain has been non-stop since 3 a.m. and heavy too.

I am staying put in my hilltop Naklua condo but has anyone ventured out and have any useful info about floods, canoe sightings, fishing spots, etc. to share?

Stay safe and stay dry.

• Haha 1

Yep, some solid rain in Jomtien but persistent as opposed to a full-on tropical downpour as yet - it looks like it will get worse. 

I'm trying to convince the missus to venture out and leave me in peace for my routine Sunday sport catchup.  But she only got the truck washed and detailed yesterday and is adamant it's not getting dirty just yet.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sucher said:

Where is Naklua Hilltop please ?

A challenging question.

Found an interesting map showing the obvious: major parts of Naklua (north of Dolphin circle) are "hilltop". I had a mate who lived near top of Soi 16 (Riviera Wongamat) and I remember how I went "uphill".

(of course some spots in Naklua also forming a "pool")

topo_pattaya.jpg

https://en-us.topographic-map.com/maps/tl2u/Thailand/

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Just now, Doctor Tom said:

I'm near Silver Lake, love the cool rain. No floods around here,  but the lake looks very healthy. 

I recently read Lake Mabprachan was full and they are opening the drains to let water out, highest water level in years they say.

• Like 2

I drove around Pattaya, no flooded areas in my way, bar some groundwater on the North end of the Railway Line Bypass Rd.. It had rained non-stop since it woke me at 5am as far as I could tell.... until this morning! 

Edited by jacko45k

Love that rain!  yes it has been raining but not heavy enough to prevent me going out. raining since 3am but during the day I didn't noticed any flooding anywhere I travel the back hills from the darkside to Makro on the way home took a chance headed north Sukhumvit no flooding at Pattaya Tai.????