Hotel allows vaccinated guests only, general restriction/rule?

KhunBENQ

14 hours ago, KhunLA said:

They'll be losing a lot of the domestic tourism

I doubt it. Most middle class people from Bangkok are vaxed. Kids too.

I'd recommend you stay at a small gh in the middle of the town. Much more guest friendly and lower volume of people traffic lowers incidence possible spread of covid.

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Yet after decades of new yearly coronavirus vaccines, they are still with us.  Apples & oranges comparison.

Really hate when ignorant people always compare polio with cov-SAR-2.  Let me help education you as they are completely different:

"SARS-CoV-2—is a respiratory virus while poliovirus is an intestinal virus. The coronavirus damages the lungs. Poliovirus begins as an intestinal virus that in a small percentage of cases migrates into the spinal cord where it destroys motor nerves, causing paralysis. Scientists still don’t know why this migration occasionally occurs.

According to the CDC, coronavirus is spread through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. Spread is more likely when people are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet). The poliovirus is shed in the stools of infected individuals and acquired through drinking water or ingesting food contaminated by the stools. Polio is most frequently found in situations of poor sanitation. Unlike coronavirus, you can’t acquire polio by simply being next to an infected person— you need to drink water or eat food contaminated by their stools."

Kind of makes you wonder if the polio vaccine or better hygiene (drinking water & food prep), over a period of time is what kept polio at bay.  

Google this if want to read the source info above:  'Comparing the Polio and Coronavirus Epidemics Daniel J. Wilson, PhD, Professor of History Emeritus, Muhlenberg College, Allentown, Pennsylvania, [email protected]'

Oh yea, polio had one of it's worst years, last year, though still only about 200 cases worldwide, in poorer countries.

I was vaccinated for polio as a kid in Australia in the 50's. Certainly good drinking water and clean food!

Makes you wonder given those parameters for transmission how a president of the USA ended up with it?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

I was vaccinated for polio as a kid in Australia in the 50's. Certainly good drinking water and clean food!

Makes you wonder given those parameters for transmission how a president of the USA ended up with it?

"While the Roosevelts were vacationing at Campobello Island in August 1921, he fell ill"

Guessing hygiene & sanitation, at the time, wasn't up to snuff.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, orchidfan said:

rubella

Got  this nasty thing two years ago. Was obviously not protected.

Weak/sick for two weeks.

Later developed psoriasis which never vanishes completely.

Whether it is connected? I don't know.

On 10/30/2021 at 1:21 PM, Will B Good said:

Thailand at its best....policy on the hoof, no thoughts lent to the impact of any actions.....the usual total lack of foresight and empathy.

TH military thinking, instant decisions, no concern whether it's a good or bad decision because nobody would dare criticize. 

• Like 1

Got a flu vax yesterday. Better to be vaxed than suffer? Its scientifically proven you are less likely to get severe covid when vaxxed. Mostly you will get a couple of days of feeling really bad and then you will recover. Its all about numbers and stats; people can still get really sick if vaxxed but the chance of it happening is much reduced. Just saying get vaxxed if you have the opportunity!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Plenty of vaxed people despise having to prove they are vaxed and refuse to play this orwellian provide proof game..... 

You would like that to be true..but it isn't.

Replace "plenty" with the odd outlier and you would be closer to the truth..

• Like 2

On 10/30/2021 at 8:08 AM, gk10012001 said:

it will be interesting to see how many do that, either by their own policy or pressure from Thai officials.  If the hotels that have front desks, and take the room keys do require vaccinated guests and their joiners, then I can imagine many others simply going to the guest houses that don't have front desks that are open 24 hours and have separate entrances at night.  There are hundres of those guest houses all over Pattay, The hole in one on soi Lengkee is one I have stayed at a few times as an example.  After hours one just uses their key and can enter

Booking for Christmas at a popular 5 star resort in Hua Hin.

Vaccines not needed for stays.

Decided not to stay there.

That and the price.

7 hours ago, orchidfan said:

"Polio is a viral disease which may affect the spinal cord causing muscle weakness and paralysis. The polio virus enters the body through the mouth, usually from hands contaminated with the stool of an infected person."

https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/poliomyelitis/fact_sheet.htm

56 minutes ago, MaiChai said:

Mostly you will get a couple of days of feeling really bad and then you will recover. Its all about numbers and stats; people can still get really sick if vaxxed but the chance of it happening is much reduced.

You missed the part about you can still die from covid despite being vaccinated.  

On 10/30/2021 at 5:24 PM, JAS21 said:

We stayed at Chiang Mai Shangri-la the week before last.

They ask for a copy of our vaccination information when we booked. Also had to fill out forms cm3 or cm4… anyway MrsJ was ask to put some app on her phone that did away with the forms.

We don’t see a problem only allowing vaccinated people to check in…we are both deemed high risk… of course YMMV and seems it does.

The hotel had a attractive Staycation offer else we would have stayed elsewhere….

Probably Mor Prom app.  It shows your vax dates, times, type of and where done etc.

On 11/2/2021 at 7:52 AM, brianthainess said:

But less likely too.

True, but it's certainly not proving to be the veil of protection the world was led to believe.  

I read the other day that the virus is still mutating in fully vaccinated people, which means it's possible the current vaccines will either have reduced efficiency against the virus to the point people are no longer protector and / or the current vaccines become completely useless to any new variants.  

I don't think we are in the last chapter of covid book just yet.