Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

I applied yesterday at 16h GMT+1, and haven't got an answer other than the initial application email. I would like to know if people that applied before of after have got an answer or not.

Thing is I have my flight tomorrow and I'm curious if I'm being ignored like they did for my visa application... (4 weeks no answer from french embassy...)

• Sad 1

The Mor Phrom app included both my Thai Pink ID card number and my U.S. passport number.  

When the wife and I were getting our 2nd jab of Thai govt-provided AstraZeneca we asked for our passport numbers (her Thai passport and my U.S. passport) to also be entered into the system and the hospital giving us the jabs did such.  The hospital just need to see our passport and get a copy of the main passport page.  By the end of the day we got our 2nd jab our passport number and ID card number appeared on our Mor Phrom Digital Pass and Vaccination Certificate.  

Hey could any of you tell me how ur gonna handle the PCR Test? 
I am from Germany which means the results will be in German language, is that going to be a problem? I don’t know a laboratory here which is giving out results in English. 

also we are arriving in Phuket around 12am their time. On weekends the laboratories have closed here which means the latest time I can do the PCR test is on Friday around 12:00 am German time which is 18:00 Thailand time. Do they care about timezones? Is that okay? Will this become a problem? I’m starting to worry a lot…
Thanks in advance!

Edited by Kazaam

17 minutes ago, pouet said:

I applied yesterday at 16h GMT+1, and haven't got an answer other than the initial application email. I would like to know if people that applied before of after have got an answer or not.

Thing is I have my flight tomorrow and I'm curious if I'm being ignored like they did for my visa application... (4 weeks no answer from french embassy...)

You received a confirmation email after completing your application? 

48 minutes ago, Smash said:

I had multiple problems submitting with the API error message yday but the additional space in the passport number did the trick. I was applying for two travelling on 5 November (i know its super tight but we are urgently trying to reach a very sick family member). 

Two applications only one confirmation email. Redid the second application twice and eventually got confirmation email. No sign of a QR code. Really concerned that the submissions wont be good enough given all screenshots etc and harder to read. 

The first one was sent about 36 hours ago, the second one (final submission) was only about 3 hours ago. 

I know it can be up to seven days but they seemed to be quick yday. I was expecting to wake up to it coming through to be honest. 

How long have most people been waiting for the approval after submission?

36 hours seems to be the longest period for waiting for the QR code. I am 24 hours. My flight leaves on the 10th, so I will be worrying for a while. 

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think any issuing body is being shortsighted by not putting such details on a Vaccine Certificate, especially as such a document is clearly important for international travel. 

Many people want to get vaccinated but don't even have a passport or have intentions to travel (esp now). When I got my oil changed in my car recently, I didn't ask the mechanic to put my passport number on the receipt as at that time, I had no reason to believe that some government agency would in the future want to see that receipt with my passport number on it. 

The vaccine card has my identifying information on it. It is my valid certificate showing I was vaccinated. My passport also identifies me. They can hold them alongside each other and deduce that I am me, I have a valid passport, and I have been vaccinated. No need to write all information on all things everywhere all the time. That's why we submit separate documents rather than one big personal data document. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

36 hours seems to be the longest period for waiting for the QR code. I am 24 hours. My flight leaves on the 10th, so I will be worrying for a while. 

Seriously! I am thinking about submitting another one now just in case. I was going to do my PCR test tomorrow evening but dont want to do it if I can't travel. 

I can't tell how long most people have been waiting on here. I guess the later you get it in the longer the back of the queue is.  I wish I had done the 3am wake up now! I had trouble sorting the SHA plus hotel package  out as they all seemed to be struggling.

• Haha 1

Finally got my registration confirmation by email around 24 hours after submitting the application:

Thailand Pass system has received your registration.

The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days.

* This email is automatically generated. Please do not reply. *

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Maverick1976 said:

For me the same, also rejected

I suppose they want the exact vaccine and not the commercial names  (but the comm name is on the list)
Pfizer = Comirnaty     AstraZeneca = Vaxzevria

Finally managed to submit yesterday at 4.30pm UK time after multiple API failures (incognito on chrome and 4 spaces after password did the trick.) email received 09.30am UK time today. No pass received yet. Thailand +7 hours from UK time

I think multiple applications maybe clogging the system up.

email message as follows

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thailand Pass system has received your registration.

The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days.

* This email is automatically generated. Please do not reply. *
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

If I have passport and vaccination on laptop in PDF file, will Thai Pass accept them? 

If not then what?

No pdf format accepted.

W10: Open the files in a pdf viewer and then use snip and sketch to make a jpg image.

Android: Open on the files in a pdf viewer and do a screen grab.

56 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Many people want to get vaccinated but don't even have a passport or have intentions to travel (esp now). When I got my oil changed in my car recently, I didn't ask the mechanic to put my passport number on the receipt as at that time, I had no reason to believe that some government agency would in the future want to see that receipt with my passport number on it. 

The vaccine card has my identifying information on it. It is my valid certificate showing I was vaccinated. My passport also identifies me. They can hold them alongside each other and deduce that I am me, I have a valid passport, and I have been vaccinated. No need to write all information on all things everywhere all the time. That's why we submit separate documents rather than one big personal data document. 

The EU digital covid certificate uses a fairly complex hierarchical public key infrastructure and digital signing to provide common certificate framework for the member states.

In a few words, the information in the QR code is digitally signed and cannot be altered, and anything one adds with a pdf editor won't show with more sophisticated app checkers.

This is the high level description of the framework, very technical document:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32021D1073&from=EN

And this is the encoded information as described in ANNEX II - no fields for passports, nationality, etc

1.   Disease or agent targeted/Disease or agent from which the holder has recovered: COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2 or one of its variants)
2.   COVID-19 vaccine or prophylaxis
3.   COVID-19 vaccine medicinal product
4.   COVID-19 vaccine marketing authorisation holder or manufacturer
5.   Number in a series of doses as well as the overall number of doses in the series
6.   Member State or third country in which the vaccine was administered/test was carried out
7.   The type of test
8.   Manufacturer and commercial name of the test used (optional for NAAT test)
9.   Result of the test

• Confused 1

Apparently there is a problem with microsoft email type  hotmail or  outlook . None of my friends with this type of email have received any confirmation letter nor QR code. Has somebody here with a microsoft email ever received a QR code ?

I want to know if I need to urgently fill another request for thaialnd pass

1 hour ago, Kazaam said:

Hey could any of you tell me how ur gonna handle the PCR Test? 
I am from Germany which means the results will be in German language, is that going to be a problem? I don’t know a laboratory here which is giving out results in English.

I would suggest Google (in Germany) is your friend here.

1 hour ago, Kazaam said:

also we are arriving in Phuket around 12am their time. On weekends the laboratories have closed here which means the latest time I can do the PCR test is on Friday around 12:00 am German time which is 18:00 Thailand time. Do they care about timezones? Is that okay? Will this become a problem? I’m starting to worry a lot…
Thanks in advance!

The key is to work back 72-hours FROM THE TIME/DATE OF YOUR DEPARTURE FROM GERMANY as that is the maximum accepted test validity window.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The key is to work back 72-hours FROM THE TIME/DATE OF YOUR DEPARTURE FROM GERMANY as that is the maximum accepted test validity window.

Are you sure? I had understood it was 72 hours before arrival. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Same here flying on the 8th. 

Yesterday was a waste - I finally received the onscreen ‘Success’ message (after a lot of messing about with CORS, Spaces, reattempts etc) - I never received a ‘conformation e-mail’ (to my hotmail address)

Today I tried again with a new registration - (CORS checked on my browser, no need for spaces in Passport number) and used my g-mail instead. I received the confirmation of registration e-mail almost immediately. 

I am now awaiting the Approval e-mail with QR Code (which I hope arrives within the 7 days it says it will !!!).

Hopefully it will arrive later today or tomorrow. 

I have also read reports of people receiving their Approval e-mail with QR Code without ever having received an initial ‘confirmation of registration’ e-mail - but I didn’t want to take the chance and reapplied. 

Thus: I’d recommend re-applying and not using an ‘outlook’ based e-mail (such as hotmail etc) and instead using a g-mail or other e-mail account if you have one. 

In the exact same situation as myself. My experience has been exactly the same as you, including changing from my outlook email to my gmail.

Arriving on the 8th, but catching the departing flight to Thailand the night before.

If we don't receive the pass by then we are screwed I guess. Fingers crossed.

9 minutes ago, abrise said:

Apparently there is a problem with microsoft email type  hotmail or  outlook . None of my friends with this type of email have received any confirmation letter nor QR code. Has somebody here with a microsoft email ever received a QR code ?

I want to know if I need to urgently fill another request for thaialnd pass

Doesn't work for Outlook, I wasted yesterday on that. 

Register with a gmail address and you will receive it instantly (within 5 mins)

7 minutes ago, CovidBatFace said:

Doesn't work for Outlook, I wasted yesterday on that. 

Register with a gmail address and you will receive it instantly (within 5 mins)

I received a confirmation email on my Gmail account instantly, but am still waiting for my QR code. 

Did you get your QR code instantly? 

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

I received a confirmation email on my Gmail account instantly, but am still waiting for my QR code. 

Did you get your QR code instantly? 

Sorry, my message was cryptic. 

No, I only received the confirmation email (e.g. will be processed within 7 working days etc...).

I did not receive the QR code, I have no idea if/when I will receive it and my flight is on the 8/Nov.

The next week is going to be painful.

Good luck with yours.

• Sad 1