Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

1 hour ago, EdwinNL said:

For NL go to coronacheck.nl --> Switch website to English. Login using Digi-D. Download international EU certificate. This gives you 1 pdf with 2 pages; one page for each vaccination dose. Open PDF --> Export each page to a high res JPG file. These JPG files need to be uploaded for the certificate. They also ask for the QR coded separately: I've duplicated the jpg image from certificate dose 2/2 and cropped it to only show the QR code including some white space around it. That one i've uploaded for both the QR codes.

PS. If you're really really in a hurry: try making another new Gmail account. And try to use a different internet connection (mobile hot spot). If still no confirmation it could be they check your attempts on Passport number; you can try to add a space after the passport number... so many options!

I did it exactly the same way.
I had to create a gmail account because some users report hotmail etc. isn't working. Bought a prepaid simcard for a new phone number to sign up with gmail.
Collected the hotel booking confirmation, coronacheck international certificate, and passport copy. No need for insurance as it's for a Thai national. It's strange no flight confirmation was asked, just the flight number.
Opened all PDF files with photoshop, cropped the QR code from the international certificate and exported all to jpeg with a medium resolution to keep the size below 2mb each. The vaccine certificate does not show the passport number, you know... privacy.
Then submitted it all, no extra space after the passport number and chose Test and go.

Collection of the documents, export and submitting it all took about 30 minutes total.
Within seconds i received a confirmation email from thailandpass, it says the process can take up to 7 days to complete.

To the people that have already received their thailandpass. How much time did it take for you between registration and receiving the actual pass? I've read 4 days to some within hours?

Edited by Velleman

On 11/3/2021 at 12:39 PM, Danderman123 said:

That doesn’t explain why some people are getting instant approval.

I totally believe the staff is facing an enormous backlog of applications.

I totally believe that they have set up the system to instantly approve some applications. I would just like to know their criteria for instant approval. Perhaps it’s by flight date.

Yes flight dates and first come First served they said

I have seen on the thread a number of references on this thread to UK applications an the NHS Covid jabs. I just received my QR code and so to give some experiences, ideas and maybe hope to those still waiting...

Attempt 1:...SPOILER -> so far no response

1. I applied at 8.30 UK time on Monday 1st via Microsoft Edge. Chrome wouldn't work and the issues already covered where not known at that time.
  2. My application was for Test and Go, arrival on 16th Nov, 1x night stay at AQ hotel with paid invoice document, $100K Covid Insurance as this was agreed for my CoE application that was rejected in the switch to Thailand Pass
  3. Registration was to a gmail email address
  4. For the Covid Certificate I used the NHS Covid app to generate and send to my email the Covid ''Travel'' pass. (If you cant do this by smartphone or website then you can call the UK NHS number x119 and speak to them to ask to send it by post.) You get one PDF with both vaccination details and no passport number. I converted to JPG and uploaded the same page 4x into the sections for the certificate and QR code for each jab.
  5. Submitted and received the ''7 days for processing'' email
  6. As of today no QR code has resulted from this application

Attempt 2: Received QR code at ~13.30UK time

• After seeing the 'troubles' associated with website submission, hotmails not working, seeming randomly instant approvals I decided to resubmit
  • Applied again through Microsoft Edge on Wednesday 3rd, 7pm
  • Same details as bullet 2 above
  • This time I used my own domain email address which is tied to an Outlook 365 email service. However, I dont think this is ultimately the reason for success in my case
  • For the Covid upload this time I made 3 documents from the one provided by the NHS. The first, document 1, was just the original page but added through an image editor my passport number to the bottom of the page. The second two documents were crops of each individual barcode - so jab 1 barcode as doc 1 and jab 2 barcode as document 3. The I uploaded them as per the site request - document 1 in the certificate section for each jab (so uploaded twice) and then in the optional QR code sections I uploaded document 2 and document 3.
  • Submitted and received the ''7 days for processing'' email
  • Received my QR code today (5th) at 13.30pm UK time. I make no claim that editing the covid certificate 'fixed it' and it may have been manual checks that eventually got to my applications (maybe the 1st attempt was collated to the second - Ill only know if I receive a QR code to the gmail as well)

Best of luck one and all!

Mark

FIY: The confirmation email may end up in your junk/spam folder. It happened to me, using gmail.

Check your spam folder!

Let's hope thailandpass has made some effort to whitelist their sending email addresses. It probably has already been blacklisted by microsoft (hotmail/live/outlook) due to suspicion of spam. I can totally see that happening.

Edited by Velleman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tr1950 said:

My TP QR code just came..... 10 minutes after I went the AQ option rather than the normal Test & Go. But I was desperate as my flight is Monday morning on the 8th. My COVID test was scheduled for tomorrow and the hotel and flights were all in place. So after a VERY stressful week, I can now relax.

So the details:

-- 1st submission was Nov. 1st 10pm Thailand time using gmail, just got the onscreen success (after 2 hours of getting the API error and finding the workaround). Confirmation email was received about 20 hours later.

--2nd submission about 6 hours later to update my hotel since the original one didn't include the Quarantine package. Confirmation email about 30 hours this time.

-- Pfizer shots on the CDC COVID cards, no vaccine QR codes were available for the Americans, except if you live in NY or CA where the state provides them.

I have been waiting and waiting and had planned to move the flights/hotel/testing after I gave it one last shot. So I tried the AQ option and didn't care since I was even intending to fly if the airline check-in counter would let me board without the pass.

Thank you to all the helpful posters with their tips and tricks.

can you please let us know how your interaction with the authorities in Thailand will be since you have the AQ option on your code? Obviously you don't need to quarantine for 10 days but i'm curious as to how they'll react to it. 

• Like 2

Well I submitted for the test and go and got the wait 7 days email, I have the paper card for vaccine from USA with no QR codes so I think I am SOL. I will have to book the 10 day stay in jail instead!!! and pay an extra 500.00 usd to do so. At this point I dont care my wife and daughter are there and I dont care what it takes I will get back!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tr1950 said:

My TP QR code just came..... 10 minutes after I went the AQ option rather than the normal Test & Go. But I was desperate as my flight is Monday morning on the 8th. My COVID test was scheduled for tomorrow and the hotel and flights were all in place. So after a VERY stressful week, I can now relax.

So the details:

-- 1st submission was Nov. 1st 10pm Thailand time using gmail, just got the onscreen success (after 2 hours of getting the API error and finding the workaround). Confirmation email was received about 20 hours later.

--2nd submission about 6 hours later to update my hotel since the original one didn't include the Quarantine package. Confirmation email about 30 hours this time.

-- Pfizer shots on the CDC COVID cards, no vaccine QR codes were available for the Americans, except if you live in NY or CA where the state provides them.

I have been waiting and waiting and had planned to move the flights/hotel/testing after I gave it one last shot. So I tried the AQ option and didn't care since I was even intending to fly if the airline check-in counter would let me board without the pass.

Let us know if you get QR code’s from your earlier submissions.

15 minutes ago, raptorea said:

Well I submitted for the test and go and got the wait 7 days email, I have the paper card for vaccine from USA with no QR codes so I think I am SOL. I will have to book the 10 day stay in jail instead!!! and pay an extra 500.00 usd to do so. At this point I dont care my wife and daughter are there and I dont care what it takes I will get back!

When did you apply? When are you flying?

35 minutes ago, mwardy said:

I have seen on the thread a number of references on this thread to UK applications an the NHS Covid jabs. I just received my QR code and so to give some experiences, ideas and maybe hope to those still waiting...

Attempt 1:...SPOILER -> so far no response

1. I applied at 8.30 UK time on Monday 1st via Microsoft Edge. Chrome wouldn't work and the issues already covered where not known at that time.
  2. My application was for Test and Go, arrival on 16th Nov, 1x night stay at AQ hotel with paid invoice document, $100K Covid Insurance as this was agreed for my CoE application that was rejected in the switch to Thailand Pass
  3. Registration was to a gmail email address
  4. For the Covid Certificate I used the NHS Covid app to generate and send to my email the Covid ''Travel'' pass. (If you cant do this by smartphone or website then you can call the UK NHS number x119 and speak to them to ask to send it by post.) You get one PDF with both vaccination details and no passport number. I converted to JPG and uploaded the same page 4x into the sections for the certificate and QR code for each jab.
  5. Submitted and received the ''7 days for processing'' email
  6. As of today no QR code has resulted from this application

Attempt 2: Received QR code at ~13.30UK time

• After seeing the 'troubles' associated with website submission, hotmails not working, seeming randomly instant approvals I decided to resubmit
  • Applied again through Microsoft Edge on Wednesday 3rd, 7pm
  • Same details as bullet 2 above
  • This time I used my own domain email address which is tied to an Outlook 365 email service. However, I dont think this is ultimately the reason for success in my case
  • For the Covid upload this time I made 3 documents from the one provided by the NHS. The first, document 1, was just the original page but added through an image editor my passport number to the bottom of the page. The second two documents were crops of each individual barcode - so jab 1 barcode as doc 1 and jab 2 barcode as document 3. The I uploaded them as per the site request - document 1 in the certificate section for each jab (so uploaded twice) and then in the optional QR code sections I uploaded document 2 and document 3.
  • Submitted and received the ''7 days for processing'' email
  • Received my QR code today (5th) at 13.30pm UK time. I make no claim that editing the covid certificate 'fixed it' and it may have been manual checks that eventually got to my applications (maybe the 1st attempt was collated to the second - Ill only know if I receive a QR code to the gmail as well)

Best of luck one and all!

Mark

Thanks for the info. What date is your flight?

1 hour ago, nash151 said:

Well, I'll be able to report on Monday on this. I am freaked out tbh. Between this and the consequences of testing positive...

Great yeah please do report back haha My situation got even more weird ????  Like I said I was worried about AQ Thailand pass cos it says right under the code Alternative Quarantine and I have only one day booking at SHA +  , so I got the brilliant idea to apply once again and did something different ???? Anyway I got now another QR code and I got it instantly after submitting my application. This new one is actually correct because it says Exemption from Quarantine under the code.  What I did differently was, I chose [Exemption from Quarantine - Test and Go] in the first section but later in the form when you fill out your accommodation information I put AQ hotel and not SHA + . This is the only change I made and now I got the right QR code. The only worry at this point is whether having 2 QR codes can present a problem. You can try this method if you feel unsure about going with a Alternative Quarantine QR. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, raptorea said:

Applied today and fly 11-30-21, I will wait the full 7 days before I jump ship and book the 10 day in the Bangkok Hilton!

That would be a very bad idea.

In this topic, there is a method how to get a quick QR code, even if you are from the USA, I used it.

D8A5C174-9060-4FD1-BA90-1991B9C21CC4.png

9 minutes ago, Nikkii said:

Great yeah please do report back haha My situation got even more weird ????  Like I said I was worried about AQ Thailand pass cos it says right under the code Alternative Quarantine and I have only one day booking at SHA +  , so I got the brilliant idea to apply once again and did something different ???? Anyway I got now another QR code and I got it instantly after submitting my application. This new one is actually correct because it says Exemption from Quarantine under the code.  What I did differently was, I chose [Exemption from Quarantine - Test and Go] in the first section but later in the form when you fill out your accommodation information I put AQ hotel and not SHA + . This is the only change I made and now I got the right QR code. The only worry at this point is whether having 2 QR codes can present a problem. You can try this method if you feel unsure about going with a Alternative Quarantine QR. 

May I ask where your vaccine certificates are from? I don't think having two QR codes wil present a problem, just show the second one. 

8 minutes ago, Nikkii said:

Same,

I still don't get what are supposed to be the differences between SHA+ and AQ hotels ?

On my hotel confirmation there's both logo, however it states "ALTERNATIVE QUARANTINE (AQ) HOTEL BOOKING CONFIRMATION"

1 hour ago, tr1950 said:

So the details:

What do you mean by "I went the AQ option rather than the normal Test & Go"?  Is this in the hotel section of the form?  This is what it looks like:

image.png.1ce4c6cfb1ffd43d1ec431d5fd430341.png

It seems the 2 options are SHA+ and AQ, there is no "Test & Go" Option.  I think I might have screwed this one up as I thought Test & Go used the AQ.  But looking at my hotel letter, it has SHA+ at the top.

Which box are we supposed to check for just the standard Test & Go?

Edited by PabloSanDiego

1 minute ago, PabloSanDiego said:

What do you mean by "I went the AQ option rather than the normal Test & Go"?  Is this in the hotel section of the form?  This is what it looks like:

It seems the 2 options are SHA+ and AQ, there is no "Test & Go" Option.  I think I might have screwed this one up as I thought Test & Go used the AQ.  But looking at my hotel letter, it has SHA+ at the top.

He was talking about the first page,image.png.36b2892f107e91967fe05e75c5002e0a.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PabloSanDiego said:

She means the third option on the very first page. There's test and go, Sandbox, and alternative quarantine and she chose the last one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nechav said:

She means the third option on the very first page. There's test and go, Sandbox, and alternative quarantine and she chose the last one. 

ah ok. I'm sure I chose Test & Go there too.

But I still have my question too.  On the part of the form I uploaded which box are you guys checking for Test & Go?  SHA+ or AQ?

4 minutes ago, PabloSanDiego said:

But I still have my question too.  On the part of the form I uploaded which box are you guys checking for Test & Go?  SHA+ or AQ?

AQ is the logical choice entering at BKK on Test & Go and NOT sandboxing anywhere.

Edited by NanLaew

4 minutes ago, PabloSanDiego said:

Alternative quarantine is the only thing that worked for me.

That whole SHA+ / AQ hotel is really confusing i still don't understand the differences.

17 hours ago, Pepper9187 said:

No.

Only at the like 4th step when they ask you for your hotel booking ID and confirmation, they'll ask you what kind of hotel you choose ASH+ or alternative quarantine, that's where i chose AQ.

It was NOT on the first page when you have to choose between Exemption /  sandbox / alternative.

You chose Exemption and then later on when they ask you about your hotel booking details you choose "alternative quarantine" instead of ASH+

Wow thank you it worked ???? I appreciate the help .. crazy The only issue is now that I tried a few different methods that I read about in the forum and now I have not one but 2 QR codes LOL Hopefully this will not present a problem but lets see. Fist I chose Alternative Quarantine in the fist section and got a QR code within minutes, but it says  Alternative Quarantine right under the code which worried me so I tried again with your method and now I have another QR code with Exemption of Quarantine under it, so now its correct ???? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nechav said:

can you please let us know how your interaction with the authorities in Thailand will be since you have the AQ option on your code? Obviously you don't need to quarantine for 10 days but i'm curious as to how they'll react to it. 

I would but the code from my original 1st application on Nov 1 came right after the got the automatic code from the AQ option. So my advice is to use the AQ option only if your flight is within 2-3 days since the correct Test and Go application is most likely being processed very slowly.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

AQ is the logical choice entering at BKK on Test & Go and NOT sandboxing anywhere.

2 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Alternative quarantine is the only thing that worked for me.

That whole SHA+ / AQ hotel is really confusing i still don't understand the differences.

That's what I thought and it's confusing to me too.  But now it's got me wondering.  This is the letterhead from my hotel's confirmation letter that has all the required info in it:

image.png.22d09cf3b32c8b5fcfe73e9ee7115a18.png

12 minutes ago, Nechav said:

Oh that EU certificate is the reason it worked for you and not for me. So sad. But I'm glad you got yours! Have a great holiday ????

Ok I see but are you sure its because of the certificate ? Did you try with AQ in the accommodation section? If you didn't then maybe its worth a try. However if I hadn't got the new correct QR code I also would fly with the AQ QR code for sure so I still think it will work. Good luck and let me know how it went ???? Have a safe trip!