Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

I'm glad ppl are getting their QR codes but other posters having concerns over picking AQ are warranted... You click a box agreeing to 10 days quarantine. This is fine if you can afford to book one there and then at the gates but some can't.. even if the money isn't a issue you have the hope they have bookings available. 

Half expecting a bunch of threads from ppl where turned away in a few weeks...

Edited by Sanookmike
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sanookmike said:

I'm glad ppl are getting their QR codes but other posters having concerns over picking AQ are warranted... You click a box agreeing to 10 days quarantine. This is fine if you can afford to book one there and then at the gates but some can't.. even if the money isn't a issue you have the hope they have bookings available. 

Half expecting a bunch of threads from ppl where turned away in a few weeks...

Let's try this. If you don't ever receive a QR code from Test and Go, but have one from Alternative Quarantine, and it's your flight date, would you just cancel your trip and throw away your AQ  QR code? Really? 

Did you know that the Ministry just last week advised people applying for a COE using Test and Go to upload their one night AQ1 booking, and work it out in Bangkok? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Let's try this. If you don't ever receive a QR code from Test and Go, but have one from Alternative Quarantine, and it's your flight date, would you just cancel your trip and throw away your AQ  QR code? Really? 

Did you know that the Ministry just last week advised people applying for a COE using Test and Go to upload their one night AQ1 booking, and work it out in Bangkok? 

I'm not telling anyone to cancel anything..  if you fly out in a few days crack on do what you have to do BUT if you have say 3 weeks still before you fly maybe fill out the TP correctly and wait the 7 days before panicking and applying via AQ. 

I get where you are coming from but it's really isn't helpful and could land some ppl in trouble IF they are only traveling for a week or two.

It's Thailand too.. last week isn't this week

Edited by Sanookmike

Some still seem confused about the hotels.

An SHA only does not qualify.  It is a hotel that meets cleanliness standards and does not necessarily provide AQ and testing.

You need to book an AQ hotel with specific instructions that they will provide transport, testing and ATK.

Below is an example of this.

Booking on Agoda is fine but you also need to contact the hotel as they need to arrange transport and have the testing available. The hotels will mostly also ask for a copy of your vaccines and will need flight info. for timely pickup. 

16361646894523003359846662006311.jpg

13 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Some still seem confused about the hotels.

An SHA only does not qualify.  It is a hotel that meets cleanliness standards and does not necessarily provide AQ and testing.

You need to book an AQ hotel with specific instructions that they will provide transport, testing and ATK.

Below is an example of this.

Booking on Agoda is fine but you also need to contact the hotel as they need to arrange transport and have the testing available. The hotels will mostly also ask for a copy of your vaccines and will need flight info. for timely pickup. 

16361646894523003359846662006311.jpg

SHA+ is fine lots offering pick up atleast for exemption from quarantine 

From the official FAQ on TP website:

9. What are AQ and SHA+ hotels?

- AQ hotels are the hotels eligible to be used as quarantine sites under the AQ scheme as well as designated venues to wait for your RT-PCR result under the Exemption from Quarantine scheme.

- SHA+ hotels / accommodations are hotels that meet the “Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration” standards and are eligible to be used as hotels under the Sandbox Programme and as venues to wait for your RT-PCR result under the Exemption from Quarantine scheme.

Edited by Sanookmike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tomx2 said:

I have a covid-19 vaccination card from CVS pharmacy the US.

Info contain Name, Birth Date, Vaccines with date.

Can I upload this card to the Thailand Pass app?

Any other info needed on this document?

Go online and get your digital certificate. CVS uses the same qr needed for smart card. You are good. You get it instantly. Google CVS digital vaccine and you get your info on the spot. And it is the more recognized digital vaccine. (Common trust CommonPass and smart card) crop your digital vaccine qr and put in the vaccine qr box. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sanookmike said:

I'm not telling anyone to cancel anything..  if you fly out in a few days crack on do what you have to do BUT if you have say 3 weeks still before you fly maybe fill out the TP correctly and wait the 7 days before panicking and applying via AQ. 

I get where you are coming from but it's really isn't helpful and could land some ppl in trouble IF they are only traveling for a week or two.

It's Thailand too.. last week isn't this week

Once again, the advice is to submit a Test and Go application. If unsuccessful, use the Alternative Quarantine approach. 

File early, file often. 

Anything  else? 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Fin87 said:

Go online and get your digital certificate. CVS uses the same qr needed for smart card. You are good. You get it instantly. Google CVS digital vaccine and you get your info on the spot. And it is the more recognized digital vaccine. (Common trust CommonPass and smart card) crop your digital vaccine qr and put in the vaccine qr box. 

I download my CVS QR code, and will use it on my next application tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, raptorea said:

AQ stupid question is it 9 nights 10 days or 10 nights example I am getting in at 1135 pm on 11/30/21 so am I right in booking a check out date of 12/09/21  Thank you

Well to answer my stupid question the answer is it has to be 11 night 12 days because get in on Nov 30th 11:00pm that day does not count according to two hotels I called so the clock starts Dec 1st and ends check out on Dec 11th. 

15 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I download my CVS QR code, and will use it on my next application tomorrow.

Awesome! Best thing is you got it at cvs. It’s one of the few places that offer the smart qr! Other places are starting to use this particular qr as well. I hope this works for you tomorrow. If you download smart verifier, scan the qr with the verifier and screenshot the details. You will be surprised. As it is more clear evidence of your vaccine. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fin87 said:

Awesome! Best thing is you got it at cvs. It’s one of the few places that offer the smart qr! Other places are starting to use this particular qr as well. I hope this works for you tomorrow. If you download smart verifier, scan the qr with the verifier and screenshot the details. You will be surprised. As it is more clear evidence of your vaccine. 

Also in CommonPass app you can scan same qr from cvs and get a CommonPass. This is what they are using for Singapore airlines and others too. 

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

So, if you were not lucky enough to receive a QR code via Test and Go, which of these would you do?

A) Get a QR code via Alternative Quarantine; or

B) cancel your bookings.

B.  Screw Thailand, I have been waiting for 2 years to travel and if they pooped the bed, they will not see my money.  The amount of stress this process is creating is absurd.  I will not try again, they can forget it.  I will also do my best to dissuade anyone to travel there if they ask me about it.  Between their lack of communication, the bad programming, the terrible execution and the stress they create, they are NOT PREPARED and I will not encourage them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Fin87 said:

So the Smart Health Card Verifier reads my Canadian QR from the proof of vaccination. Shows name, birthday, vaccinations. Does that mean I should be automatically approved and receive my TP QR almost instantaneously? Given submitting everything correctly, cropping QR etc. of course.

16 minutes ago, Gungpao said:

So the Smart Health Card Verifier reads my Canadian QR from the proof of vaccination. Shows name, birthday, vaccinations. Does that mean I should be automatically approved and receive my TP QR almost instantaneously? Given submitting everything correctly, cropping QR etc. of course.

Let me know if it does, I tried and it did not work, so far I only seen EU vaccination certificate getting auto accepted, I could be wrong but that has been my observation in the last few days. 

14 minutes ago, Gungpao said:

I used screenshot of smart card info next to the digital vaccine QR code in one jpeg together. In vaccine cert part I used my cdc card. I’m still waiting for approval. I did do this for AQ as well and got it instantly. I’m very weiry about using the AQ qr. So hopefully test and go gets approved. I’ll keep updated. 

I called the Thai Passport consular number and after 10 attempts and 3 different numbers was able to get through to someone.

She said the queue is being processed as fast as possible, but they can't expedite applications because they are too busy with people departing on 6-7 Nov.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fin87 said:

Hi.

I misspoke, it was Walgreens where I receive my 2 Covid19 shots. CVS is where I received my Flu shot.

It appears Walgreens does not use any Digital (Smart) health card or certificate in their system, only the paper record.

Any other options getting a QR Code for Covid19 results, or should i just upload the Covid19 vaccination card.  Thanks. Tc.

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I am sure that everyone who has a TP QR code via the Alternative Quarantine method has also applied via the normal Test and Go; if they eventually receive a QR code via Test and Go, they will use that to travel. If they don’t, they will use the QR code they do have, and take their chances at the Airport and in Thailand.

Do you have anything helpful to add?

someone should ask you the same question. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Gustomucho said:

Let me know if it does, I tried and it did not work, so far I only seen EU vaccination certificate getting auto accepted, I could be wrong but that has been my observation in the last few days. 

I pretty sure I’ve loaded everything right but no auto accept. If I can scan the QR and see everything why can’t TP? Just weird.

1 minute ago, Gungpao said:

I pretty sure I’ve loaded everything right but no auto accept. If I can scan the QR and see everything why can’t TP? Just weird.

Seems it is setup to read the EU vaccine passes but not from other countries.

Everyone else is in queue for human approval which is currently overwhelmed by the 60,000 applications.

33 minutes ago, Fin87 said:

I used screenshot of smart card info next to the digital vaccine QR code in one jpeg together. In vaccine cert part I used my cdc card. I’m still waiting for approval. I did do this for AQ as well and got it instantly. I’m very weiry about using the AQ qr. So hopefully test and go gets approved. I’ll keep updated. 

If I get rejected in the next few days will be more inclined to try everything lol. Gotta think when TP can’t keep up with the within 7 days promise they might have to just approve without verifiying and leave it to immigration officers to check upon entry.

2 minutes ago, Destined said:

Everyone else is in queue for human approval which is currently overwhelmed by the 60,000 applications.

They must be trying to get all countries on auto what’s the hold up though

I submitted on Nov 1 for Test and Go but of course have heard nothing back. I realized that I did not include PCR Test information on my booking info attachment. 

I resubmitted all documents today 11/6 early AM. I even got a QR code for my vaccine from the CLEAR app and submitted just that as well. I have my AXA insurance certificate. etc, etc, etc.

My flight is on the 19th. If I do not receive approval next week I will be postponing my trip or cancelling it altogether. The fact that Thailand can't hire someone for $10/hr to review documents for me to spend $$,$$$ over there is hilarious. I work for a small wireless company in the US and we review over 10k applications a day manually. The entire COUNTRY of Thailand can't even handle half of that it seems. 

• Like 2

Another success here ✌????

I've been through the whole thing here from the very first beginning on November 1 (API error, hotmail address, no confirmation mails, switching to Gmail-address, then at least getting confirmation e-mails about getting my request but no code...).

Flying out on November 15 I got more and more nervous with having already spent some money for the flights and the AQ hotel (Test&Go for one night). After reading here that some guys got obviously automatically generated approvals and QR codes, I tried it myself. Generated new Gmail-addresses and applied and applied. After getting tired of always creating new Gmail-addresses in my fifth try I used one just created address for the second time and - boom - the QR code arrived within seconds. I've checked it and it is working, my data is shown correctly and it says "valid". More than happy now as receiving the code was a big relief...

My details:

- German EU vaccination certificate (uploaded completely plus the cut out QR-Code itself, here used a screenshot of the German "Corona-Warn-App" to get the best quality)

- no additional spaces used in the passport line

- no passport number on the vaccination certificate 

- booked and paid a 1-night "Test & Go" package at an AQ hotel in BKK

- even worked with an email address (gmail) I had already previously used for another (unsuccessful) attempt 

Wishing all of you the very best and keep fingers crossed you will be successful also ????????

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Destined said:

Hmmm... Why would the German programmers optimize TP to accept EU vaccine certs automatically? 

17 minutes ago, misterfinch said:

Another success here ✌????

I've been through the whole thing here from the very first beginning on November 1 (API error, hotmail address, no confirmation mails, switching to Gmail-address, then at least getting confirmation e-mails about getting my request but no code...).

Flying out on November 15 I got more and more nervous with having already spent some money for the flights and the AQ hotel (Test&Go for one night). After reading here that some guys got obviously automatically generated approvals and QR codes, I tried it myself. Generated new Gmail-addresses and applied and applied. After getting tired of always creating new Gmail-addresses in my fifth try I used one just created address for the second time and - boom - the QR code arrived within seconds. I've checked it and it is working, my data is shown correctly and it says "valid". More than happy now as receiving the code was a big relief...

My details:

- German EU vaccination certificate (uploaded completely plus the cut out QR-Code itself, here used a screenshot of the German "Corona-Warn-App" to get the best quality)

- no additional spaces used in the passport line

- no passport number on the vaccination certificate 

- booked and paid a 1-night "Test & Go" package at an AQ hotel in BKK

- even worked with an email address (gmail) I had already previously used for another (unsuccessful) attempt 

Wishing all of you the very best and keep fingers crossed you will be successful also ????????

The cutout QR code seems to have at least a 50% instant success rate, as long as the code is from the EU.