Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

11 hours ago, bubba said:

I submitted on 4th November including the vaccine QR code and I have yet to hear anything. I used an iCloud address and did receive the automated confirmation email immediately after I filed it.

Submitted last Sunday, and got almost immediate email back, on hotmail, that my application had been accepted.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I think you make an important point.

Many posters on AseanNow are semi to competent with IT.

Are you sure ?? - there were so many posts from people who didn’t know how to convert their PDF’s to JPEG.

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That's a small number in the pool of folk wanting to come to Thailand.

Just had an email from friend in Oz and he is looking forward to coming to Thailand to see his wife and young child in Udon.

Lovely guy but seriously would have almost zero knowledge of IT.

Prob thinks Hotmail is from a tinder chick.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are you sure ?? - there were so many posts from people who didn’t know how to convert their PDF’s to JPEG.

I only became semi-competent with IT as a RESULT of my connections to Thailand.  Anyone who has a Thai wife and applied for a visa for her to visit their country will be famliar with converting and uploading documents etc.  I had no choice but to learn.

With Thailand Pass they seem to be unaware that most people don't do as they do - simply photograph everything with their phone and send it.  The fact that everything is required in JPEG format is probably testament to that fact.  It wohad uld not surpise me at all if a number of applications have been rejected/put on hold because of bad/shaky photos - its asking for trouble.

I had everything sent to me in PDF format and could have uploaded the whole insurance policy booklet (around 50 pages) and only used 503kb if PDF's were accepted. Barmy!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes.... See below (this was accepted) without issue (although there were plenty of issues and delays waiting for the Thailand Pass to come through (which eventually it did on the 5th after applying on 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th with iCloud and G-mail e-mail accounts !).

The letter needs to include / state: 

- Fully Paid / Paid

- Airport Transfers 

- PCR test (and ATK) - fully paid

- Booking Reference (blacked out below - note: this is not a SHABA code which is not required for BKK AQ).

AQ Confirmation Letter.jpg

I bought a Test and Go room on Agoda (the ones that include test and airport transfer) however the receipt is the original Agoda confirmation receipt. I've tried for 3 days now to make the hotel print something more formal and detailed as the one above, without success. 

I applied for my STV this morning and I'm not sure if it will be declined or not. Stressed out. 

An update with regards to my Thailand pass application.

I just received approval and a QR code.

I applied on the 4th November evening and received the QR code this morning at 3.40am

I was using the NHS UK vaccine certificates and there individual QR codes which I did not crop.

I used an gmail account

I only submitted 1 application.

I used AXA Thailand pass sawadee insurance

As you can see with a little admin, patience and planning ahead, they seem to have everything in hand for you to apply and get your pass with little to no stress involved.

I hope this information helps and chok dee ????

• Like 2

Reference to Richard Barrows meeting today with the Department of Consular Affairs expats returning from abroad only need 30 day's health insurance cover for 50000USD. 

And not insurance until end of they extension date.

expatriates are finding it harder than tourists to find appropriate insurance for the $50,000 coverage. Particularly as they are supposed to be covered for the remaining length of the time left on their visa. I had ten months left on mine and was quoted 30,000 baht for a one-year insurance policy! Foreigners with Permanent Residence or people with long-term Thailand Elite visas, would face a much bigger bill. On this matter, I think I have some good news and some clarification about the rules.
For a start, it doesn’t seem to be written down anywhere that you need to have special insurance to cover you for the time you will be in Thailand if you are on a long-term visa. It was just implied by some embassies. I asked the director general about this, and he said a 30-day policy would be plenty. After all, if you test positive, you will only need to do 10 days in a hospital and a possible 14 day quarantine afterwards. So, a 30-day policy would cover you.
I also asked him about the option to have a certified letter from your employer. He said that as long as it is on official letterhead and clearly states that you are fully insured by the company and all costs can be covered up to $50,000, then you won’t need to take out a special insurance policy. He also confirmed that people like myself who have social security, can use this instead of taking out a special insurance. Another misunderstanding is that the insurance must have Covid-19 coverage up to $50,000. That is not true, and it can be general insurance up to that amount.
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, NHMA said:

Hello,

Did anyone have success contacting [email protected] for Thailand Pass support?

Emailed them and got nothing back. My wife's QR code hasn't been issued (7 business days as of today). Leaving on 11/19.

Thanks.

Someone told me 02 203 5000 this number as being very helpful.

Chok dee ????

Edited by bangkokbonecollector

1 hour ago, dayo202 said:

Reference to Richard Barrows meeting today with the Department of Consular Affairs expats returning from abroad only need 30 day's health insurance cover for 50000USD. 

expatriates are finding it harder than tourists to find appropriate insurance for the $50,000 coverage. Particularly as they are supposed to be covered for the remaining length of the time left on their visa. I had ten months left on mine and was quoted 30,000 baht for a one-year insurance policy! Foreigners with Permanent Residence or people with long-term Thailand Elite visas, would face a much bigger bill. On this matter, I think I have some good news and some clarification about the rules.
For a start, it doesn’t seem to be written down anywhere that you need to have special insurance to cover you for the time you will be in Thailand if you are on a long-term visa. It was just implied by some embassies. I asked the director general about this, and he said a 30-day policy would be plenty. After all, if you test positive, you will only need to do 10 days in a hospital and a possible 14 day quarantine afterwards. So, a 30-day policy would cover you.
I also asked him about the option to have a certified letter from your employer. He said that as long as it is on official letterhead and clearly states that you are fully insured by the company and all costs can be covered up to $50,000, then you won’t need to take out a special insurance policy. He also confirmed that people like myself who have social security, can use this instead of taking out a special insurance. Another misunderstanding is that the insurance must have Covid-19 coverage up to $50,000. That is not true, and it can be general insurance up to that amount.

Interesting....   I’ve highlighted key points in red.... 

Would any of the above get you past Airport check-in ?

Will Airline staff allow you to board a flight if we have social security cover or a letter from a company?.... 

Regardless of what this man says I very much doubt it to hold true when on the ground in the heat of battle.

Those higher up are always so far removed from the details they just make s#it up !

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2021 at 10:42 AM, raptorea said:

Am I missing something I got a Thai visa non o issued before applying for the Thailand pass but I don’t see anywhere to upload my non o visa ?? Do I just show to immigration and they stamp my passport with the non o at the airport?

Yes, once they have checked Thailand Pass/PCR test document at airport your next stop will be to get the entry stamp - at this point show them your visa.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, keemapoot said:

I think that is probably true. I suspect most Americans will have this issue because the CDC card we were issued does not have any QR code. I applied on Monday this week but don't travel until 2nd week in December, so maybe Americans should allow a bit more time due to this point.

Thailand Pass can automatically verify and approve QR codes of digital vaccine certificates from only the following regions at the moment:

Support for digital vaccine certificates from the following countries is in progress:

• China (International Travel Health Certificate)
  • India (DIVOC)
  • Indonesia (PeduliLindungi)
  • Israel (once it joins the EU’s DCC program)
  • Malaysia (MySejahtera)
  • Philippines (VaxCerts)
  • United States (SMART® Health Card, available in some states)

https://medium.com/thailand-pass/vaccine-certificates-from-which-countries-can-be-auto-approved-f05c11c11f05

So no, MFA does not have QR code automation up and running for most countries.

• Like 1

I arrived at Bangkok airport today.

Compared to the hassle of obtaining the Thailand Pass, everything went quite smoothly and was reasonably quick. They even had a well laid-out seating system for the first check of documents (Thailand Pass and PCR was all they were interested in for the first check which is done by medical staff). Next the Immigration counter, who want to see passport, visa if applicable, and hotel booking; again was quick and smooth. In Arrivals area there were plenty of staff coordinating the hotel transfers; this was a bit more chaotic but got there in the end, there is a stop on the way for the PCR test.

Flight arrived at 1500 and I was in hotel room by 1730.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, grin said:

Submitted TP application using CDC card Nov 1 with 3 Pfizer shots. Uploaded card 3 times in places for doses 1, 2, and 3. Received email Nov 2 confirming my registration. Have not received anything since then. My flight leaves Nov 18 and arrives Nov 20.

Update on my TP application. Received my approval and QR code this morning Nov 10, approximately 7 working days after submission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, racinkc1 said:

does anyone know how far out you can apply before your flight? Is 3 weeks to a month too much time or a good idea so you can correct a rejection?

I applied on 8 November around midnight and received my pass at 6.30am on 9 November.  I am not flying until 29 December.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, omjduval said:

Flight arrived at 1500 and I was in hotel room by 1730.

It would be interesting to know what time you get your result when it comes - see if their 'Hospital Partner must report result within 6 hours' statement holds any water.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dayo202 said:

Quote from above "...Foreigners with Permanent Residence or people with long-term Thailand Elite visas, would face a much bigger bill.  ..."

This is not correct. Foreigners who hold a Thai Certificate of Residence (Permanent Residence - PR) are not required to have health insurance.

Holding health Insurance is not required when the foreigner submits their PR application documents.  And is not required when the Thai Certificate of Residence is issued; it's never mentioned because it's not a requirement. Further when a Thai Certificate of Residence is approved/issues it's for life; It expires on the death of the holder and no other way. Therefore there is no renewal process.

But in the Covid-19 situation PR holders returning to Thailand do need to have a short term health insurance, say 30 days (30 days is not a regulation, the actual number of days is up to the PR holder).

urther PR is issued 

28 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Holding health Insurance is not required when the foreigner submits their PR application documents.  And is not required when the Thai Certificate of Residence is issued; it's never mentioned because it's not a requirement. Further when a Thai Certificate of Residence is approved/issues it's for life; It expires on the death of the holder and no other way. Therefore there is no renewal process.

Just to point out that your post illustrates something I've seen on here many times - people asking where they can get a 'Certificate of Residence' to open a bank account or obtain a driving licence etc.  That is not a 'Certificate of Residence' its a confirmation of address. The two items are very different.

2 hours ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

As you can see with a little admin, patience and planning ahead, they seem to have everything in hand for you to apply and get your pass with little to no stress involved.

Well done but I'm not sure that's 100% true.  Could you have done it without reading this thread and similar ones?  Genuine tourists won't even know this site exists and that's who the Thai authorities are targeting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dayo202 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising your post per se but I wonder how much good the Director General's replies would be when you're at check in or the immigration counter?  He needs to put all of that in writing on their website and instruct all offices/embassies/consulates what is and what is not required.

53 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:
1 hour ago, omjduval said:

there is a stop on the way for the PCR test.

Where? I thought it was done at the hotel by a nurse from the partnered hospital?

Each hotel has a different arrangement with their partner hospital. 

- Nurse at hotel to take PCR tests (in day time hours) - late arrivals test the next morning

- Nurse at hotel to take PCR test (in day time hours) - late arrivals test at hospital (on way to hotel)

- No Nurse on site - all PCR tests taken at hospital

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Each hotel has a different arrangement with their partner hospital. 

- Nurse at hotel to take PCR tests (in day time hours) - late arrivals test the next morning

- Nurse at hotel to take PCR test (in day time hours) - late arrivals test at hospital (on way to hotel)

- No Nurse on site - all PCR tests taken at hospital

I'm refering to the TAT's 6 hour claim.

Ignore the red box - wrong jpeg. Tried to correct it - can't.

Mods, I still can't delete an image.

Test & Go rules TAT.jpg

Test & Go 3.jpg

Edited by KhaoYai

1 hour ago, racinkc1 said:

does anyone know how far out you can apply before your flight? Is 3 weeks to a month too much time or a good idea so you can correct a rejection?

I applied on the 8th for a holiday on January 26th. Was approved the next day, the only gamble was the £50 insurance I had to pay. Everything else is refundable and I reserved flights for 72h while awaiting a response.