Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

11 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I'm refering to the TAT's 6 hour claim.

[Hosptial Partner must report the result within 6 hours]

Within 6 hours of obtaining a result or within 6 hours of the swab being taken ?

Otherwise crystal clear waters always seem muddied by the repetitive ambiguity constantly peddled by any official system here - are the officials really that lazy to think things through properly ? (rhetorical) -  its a right old proper PITA !

Its not really a biggie anyway - The updated system of PCR testing is a step in the right direction. It makes sense, as does quarantining until the result is issued - its a lot better than 7 days or 10 days quarantine. 

The one single improvement (once the Thailand Pass bugs have been ironed out) is clear and concise information is require of what happens IF someone tests positive or is a negative proximity case, also, what denotes a negative proximity case (next seat on a plane, member of the same travelling group, same transport to hotel etc).

48 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Well done but I'm not sure that's 100% true.  Could you have done it without reading this thread and similar ones?  Genuine tourists won't even know this site exists and that's who the Thai authorities are targeting.

Personally yes, I applied before I read anything but I get what you are saying, many will find it bothersome but not impossible. It is not too dissimilar to a Visa application in terms of level of Admin. I have been pissing around with Thai Visas etc for nearly 20 years so yeah maybe more easier for me forsure.

50 minutes ago, NHMA said:

Interesting. Apparently, now one can check the status of their TP application: https://tp.consular.go.th/en/check-status

Guess it was too hard to add this when the system went operational on 11/01. Worth re-registering? 

It asks for you to enter your access code, passport number, and email address to check your status. I did not receive an access code with the confirmation (see below). How do you get that code?

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 1.53.35 PM.png

3 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

It asks for you to enter your access code, passport number, and email address to check your status. I did not receive an access code with the confirmation (see below). How do you get that code?

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 1.53.35 PM.png

Looks like it just happened today: https://medium.com/thailand-pass/how-can-i-check-my-registration-status-7f6c4612336

So unless you just registered or will from now on, you will not get an access code. I tried checking the status of my application (QR code approved) just for funsies, you can't do it without access code. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, NHMA said:

Looks like it just happened today: https://medium.com/thailand-pass/how-can-i-check-my-registration-status-7f6c4612336

So unless you just registered or will from now on, you will not get an access code. I tried checking the status of my application (QR code approved) just for funsies, you can't do it without access code. 

Amazing Thailand.

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Has anybody seen any official announcement that all the file attachments to the Thailand Pass application form can now be on PDF files?

Please share.

I'm doing a dummy run for a friend at the moment - nothing's changed, still picture files only.  The date format for date  of birth has changed annoyingly - its now is US format which wouldn't be a problem if you could simply type your DOB in as before, now you have to do a bit of scrolling. Could just be my browser though - its been a bit 'buggy' lately.

Just a note for those applying and entering together with Thai person. 3 days ago, I applied for my Thai wife and myself. Just now I received my wife's QR code approval email. So, for Thais anyway, this process is fast. Mine has not yet come.

I got arrival date on Thailand Pass on the day I board the plane, not the day I arrive in Thailand, even though I gave them the Thailand arrival day and they changed it.

What should I do? Leave it or do it again? I just did it an hour ago, got the number of the submission and then the automatic QR within minutes.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, goldmagpie said:

I got arrival date on Thailand Pass on the day I board the plane, not the day I arrive in Thailand, even though I gave them the Thailand arrival day and they changed it.

What should I do? Leave it or do it again? I just did it an hour ago, got the number of the submission and then the automatic QR within minutes.

You are probably ok, as there seem to be little issues in my wife's case also. They accidently printed my middle name on her approval, and I figure this can be easily sorted out at the airport when they see the passports. Same with US departure day not matching Asian arrival day.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, goldmagpie said:

Hmmmmmm I wonder if it will let you do it again now that its completed?

1 minute ago, keemapoot said:

You are probably ok, as there seem to be little issues in my wife's case also. They accidently printed my middle name on her approval, and I figure this can be easily sorted out at the airport when they see the passports. Same with US departure day not matching Asian arrival day.

Personally, I wouldn't go anywhere near the airport until everything is correct. The airlines are paranoid about getting things wrong at the moment.

• Like 1

Just now, KhaoYai said:

Personally, I wouldn't go anywhere near the airport until everything is correct. The airlines are paranoid about getting things wrong at the moment.

Good point. I don't know what I should do to correct this either?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

Good point. I don't know what I should do to correct this either?

No idea myself.  I guess it depends on how long you have before your flight.  There is a 'hotline' I believe but people say they can't get an answer.  The only way to see if you can register again is to try - my concern is that the hotel gives you a booking ID which you will have entered - the question is, will the system let you use that ID twice?

1 minute ago, KhaoYai said:

No idea myself.  I guess it depends on how long you have before your flight.  There is a 'hotline' I believe but people say they can't get an answer.  The only way to see if you can register again is to try - my concern is that the hotel gives you a booking ID which you will have entered - the question is, will the system let you use that ID twice?

Yeah, my travel date is pretty far off, so I think I will wait and see what other people's experiences are in the next week or so. 

10 minutes ago, goldmagpie said:

I checked the QR code. My birth date is wrong too.

??? There's no date of birth on my QR code, just my name, the QR, arrival date and Thailand Pass ID. Are you reading the QR to get your date of birth?  I don't have a reader.

Edit:  I just downloaded one and read my QR - all correct.

Edited by KhaoYai

2 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

??? There's no date of birth on my QR code, just my name, the QR, arrival date and Thailand Pass ID. Are you reading the QR to get your date of birth?  I don't have a reader.

If you have a smart phone and a PC you should just be able to open the email on your computer and use the standard camera to view the information.

I'm confused about my dates now, presumably this would cover me landing on the 26th Jan and returning 20th Feb?

Screenshot 2021-11-10 223011.png

4 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Yes, reading the QR codes solves all your problems. I took at picture with iphone XR, was prompted to open in chrome, and it automatically took me to the Thai government verification where the name and everything is correct!  So, no matter what your printed approval says, make sure to scan and check the QR code as that is the correct authorization.

3 minutes ago, Aero992 said:

If you have a smart phone and a PC you should just be able to open the email on your computer and use the standard camera to view the information.

I'm confused about my dates now, presumably this would cover me landing on the 26th Jan and returning 20th Feb?

Screenshot 2021-11-10 223011.png

I have dowloaded the QR now, gone to the webpage and my details are exactly the same as yours - we received our codes on the same date. My date of birth is correct.  Yes that covers you for entry before 2 February.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

How many other people will not have checked their code - I never thought to. Another potential problem for people checking in who have the wrong date of birth etc.

I called the numbers listed on their website. The third number I tried, I got a reply that was an actual person.

He said within 72 hour of the date listed in the pass is OK. He said nobody will check my birth date. But if I'm worried about it, I can reregister, even if I already got approved, because I have the time (my departure date is sufficiently far ahead).

But in that case, I think I'll wait until tomorrow, just in case there are gremlins that will get sorted out.

I had entered my country and it got changed (I saw it and changed it backin time), so I think there are plenty of opportunities for things changing without us noticing, unless we check everything before submitting. I'm a bit too computer savvy, which means I'm less prone to neurotically checking things before clicking submit. So I will probably resubmit tomorrow.

Edited by goldmagpie
Clarification
  • Confused 1

I did it again. This time I double checked everything before submitting.

Same errors. It's official. This wasn't my mistake. This was on the server side. I even double checked the date and clock on my computer. Also correct. The QR code changed from the first to the second application too.

I doubt it's just me affected, since the date one day early affected both arrival date and birth date?

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

And for every person on AseanNow that doesn't not know how to do that there is 100+ that are not on forums that would not know how to go about obtaining a TP.

Far too difficult for the average punter. 

But I'll bet the 'average punter' knows how to get onto mucky movie sites.   LOL

Come on, the Thailand Pass site is a doddle if you get all your documents together first, in jpg format (Paint converts pdf to jpg).

Then it is simply typing stuff in and dragging files. There have been several instruction videos  about it on here and other forums.

Edited by KannikaP