Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

11 hours ago, asiam110 said:

You're not off the hook yet. I suspect the reason (as over-the-top as it is) is that other tourists on your flight might not get their results to very early tomorrow morning or late tonight (it took barrow 28hrs), if they are positive then you could be screwed - unless you had an empty row, and that behind and in-front, and you had a private transfer to the hotel (although I guess those at same hotel they would of got their results too by now).  You got a little further to go to get out the woods... Good luck

The seat numbers etc become irrelevant on these 1/2 empty ( or more ) flights, as soon at the doors are closed everyone moves to get a row to themselves so in reality there's not accurate record of where anyone has sat, just their original seats they were assigned.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

The seat numbers etc become irrelevant on these 1/2 empty ( or more ) flights, as soon at the doors are closed everyone moves to get a row to themselves so in reality there's not accurate record of where anyone has sat, just their original seats they were assigned.

Good point. If you move it may be a good idea to ask the staff to record the move.  Its all rubbish anyway, they may know where you've been sitting on a direct flight but I'll bet my last penny they only know where you've sat on the last leg when you're on split flights.

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

Good point. If you move it may be a good idea to ask the staff to record the move.  Its all rubbish anyway, they may know where you've been sitting on a direct flight but I'll bet my last penny they only know where you've sat on the last leg when you're on split flights.

How they gonna record the move, you're only issued one boarding pass?? Also i'm sure they'd just tell you to sit in your assigned seat.....

8 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

How they gonna record the move, you're only issued one boarding pass?? Also i'm sure they'd just tell you to sit in your assigned seat.....

I recommend documenting your seat with photos, which are time stamped. Do a video or two as well, and go from your seat to the row designation and get that on the video as well as stills.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, goldmagpie said:

I recommend documenting your seat with photos, which are time stamped. Do a video or two as well, and go from your seat to the row designation and get that on the video as well as stills.

That's hilarious.

You could take pictures or videos of any seat ( loads of different ones to hedge your bets in fact ), 100% sure they will only go by boarding pass assigned seat.

• Like 1

I read a Thai news article a couple days ago quoting government official saying they would improve the TP registration system in response to complaints. Anyone seen any improvement yet? After reading about all the problems on this forum, I am thinking of waiting for that before trying.

10 minutes ago, david_je said:

I read a Thai news article a couple days ago quoting government official saying they would improve the TP registration system in response to complaints. Anyone seen any improvement yet? After reading about all the problems on this forum, I am thinking of waiting for that before trying.

They have certainly made some changes and people are having less problems than before.

Even the first couple of pages have been changed and they have also set up a method to follow up on your application.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, donwatson said:

Your hotel should be able to give you a time frame on results.

My test was at 2 am, results around 11 am.

That would be nice to get tested right after reaching the hotel. My flight arrives just after midnight so I will getting to my hotel around 2 AM. I had just assumed that I would not be tested until 8 or 9 AM. Getting results before noon would be great so I can get on a flight to CNX.

Anyone have experience with the Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Hotel?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, grin said:

That would be nice to get tested right after reaching the hotel. My flight arrives just after midnight so I will getting to my hotel around 2 AM. I had just assumed that I would not be tested until 8 or 9 AM. Getting results before noon would be great so I can get on a flight to CNX.

Anyone have experience with the Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Hotel?

The test time and availability of 24 hr testing depends very much on the partner hospital.

Some guys are being tested at the hospital on the way to their AQ hotel, some hospitals will test outside of office hours, others won’t - thus, its very much a situation which is individual to the set up and arrangements. 

• Like 1

Something interesting came up in a conversation recently.  I was told (but haven't check it out yet) that if husband and wife took out a joint health insurance policy there could be some saving on premiums.

My question at this time is has anyone had experience of using a joint policy for Thailand Pass and were there any problems?

7 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I'm pretty sure they can change the manifest.  I was upgraded once when I was actually on the plane.  I lost some glasses on that flight and when I realised and e-mailed Etihad, they knew I'd moved seats. Never found my glasses though ????.

23 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I'm pretty sure they can change the manifest.  I was upgraded once when I was actually on the plane.  I lost some glasses on that flight and when I realised and e-mailed Etihad, they knew I'd moved seats. Never found my glasses though ????.

And then you'll expect them to issue you the flight manifest, really?

I thought flight manifests these days were highly confidential?

I still stand by my original statement of them only going by boarding pass seat assignment so if you're assigned seat ends up being near someone that tests + you're up the creek without a poodle, good luck trying to wangle out of that one.

31 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

And then you'll expect them to issue you the flight manifest, really?

I thought flight manifests these days were highly confidential?

I still stand by my original statement of them only going by boarding pass seat assignment so if you're assigned seat ends up being near someone that tests + you're up the creek without a poodle, good luck trying to wangle out of that one.

All I'm saying is that if you move - something inconsequential previously, its now in your best interests to let the staff know and try to get some official confirmation - even if its just written on the boarding pass and signed.  Some chance is better than no chance.

12 hours ago, donwatson said:

Your hotel should be able to give you a time frame on results.

My test was at 2 am, results around 11 am.

Well as my flight arrives at 13.10, i'd hope to be tested late afternoon/early evening.  In theory, according to TAT, the results should be available within 6 hours - which would mean I could be good to go before midnight.  But, the rules do say that you have to stay one night (no quarantine remember ????).  I'm fine with staying over, I just need to be off early morning to miss the traffic. It would be nice to stretch the legs though.

25 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

All I'm saying is that if you move - something inconsequential previously, its now in your best interests to let the staff know and try to get some official confirmation - even if its just written on the boarding pass and signed.  Some chance is better than no chance.

All i'm saying is there's no chance of getting anything that the Thai authorities will accept, zero.

4 minutes ago, stickymango said:

Just want to confirm:  I land at 06:30 and should be tested and at my hotel by 09:00.  If my test results come back at 16:00 I still have to stay in my room until 06:00 the next day?  What are the chances that I could be "let out early"?

I arrived around the same time and I was able to check out in the evening. 

But I had to actively ask them if my test results are ready yet. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, stickymango said:

Just want to confirm:  I land at 06:30 and should be tested and at my hotel by 09:00.  If my test results come back at 16:00 I still have to stay in my room until 06:00 the next day?  What are the chances that I could be "let out early"?

Clearly the hotel in the post above by Special Salami were applying some common sense. However, the rules do say that you must spend one night in a hotel.  There again, that could be just the translation - there are often nuances in translations between Thai and English that have significant effects.

The TAT have specified that the 'Hospital Partner must report the result within 6 hours'. Taking those rules literally, it seems that you should at least be able to go out if you have received a negative test result.

Test_and_Go(2).jpg

Edited by KhaoYai

8 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Clearly the hotel in the post above by Special Salami were applying some common sense. However, the rules do say that you must spend one night in a hotel.  There again, that could be just the translation - there are often nuances in translations between Thai and English that have significant effects.

The TAT have specified that the 'Hospital Partner must report the result within 6 hours'

Test_and_Go(2).jpg

The TAT have no authority as far as I know, they don't provide certification to hotels or any intermediary service, the TAT is just a silly number and press release generator, so whilst the TAT can say 6hrs, the hotel/hospital partnership can just say whistle aka 'who the f is TAT?'

If the health ministry or CCSA or MFA say 6hrs then maybe some will take note..

Edited by asiam110

6 minutes ago, asiam110 said:

The TAT have no authority as far as I know, they don't provide certification to hotels or any intermediary service, the TAT is just a silly number and press release generator, so whilst the TAT can say 6hrs, the hotel/hospital partnership can just say whistle aka 'who the f is TAT?'

Maybe but I have checked out the rules, as published in The Royal Gazette and the TAT's version of the rules follows those exactly.  For example, the MFA rules list an antigen test as being for those using the Sandbox entry method - not those using Test & Go.  I queeried that with both the MFA and TAT.  Only the TAT bothered to reply and pointed me to the Royal Gazette - which lists antigen tests for both methods.

At the end of the day, it will be down to the hotel and how much fuss you kick up I suspect.

Edited by KhaoYai

12 hours ago, SpecialSalami said:
12 hours ago, stickymango said:

I arrived around the same time and I was able to check out in the evening. 

But I had to actively ask them if my test results are ready yet. 

Exactly the same experience. 

My family and I landed shortly after 8am, after the arrival process we were taken straight to the AQ hotel (Grand Centre Point Thonglor). We checked in, were given our room access cards, then taken up in the lift to the 4th floor (parking floor) and were PCR tested before going straight up to our room. 

We called up reception at about 5pm to ask if our results were ready - they were (we had to proactively ask, the hotel did not offer up the information until asked) - We had dinner and left the hotel once the traffic had died down.

I noted on the PCR cert that the ‘print time’ was 1:30pm - thus I’m assuming we could have left the hotel any time after that (as soon as the hotel received the negative PCR result).

7 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Maybe but I have checked out the rules, as published in The Royal Gazette and the TAT's version of the rules follows those exactly.  For example, the MFA rules list an antigen test as being for those using the Sandbox entry method - not those using Test & Go.  I queeried that with both the MFA and TAT.  Only the TAT bothered to reply and pointed me to the Royal Gazette - which lists antigen tests for both methods.

At the end of the day, it will be down to the hotel and how much fuss you kick up I suspect.

Arriving with the AQ Test & Go we were also given Antigen Test Kits.... 

.... We were not given any instructions about when to take the ATK or to whom to report the results !!! 

(Son has to do ATK every week before school anyway - but thats separate) 

8 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Mind you, they are both guilty of making crazy statements like the total oxymoron below ????????:

4. For the Exemption from Quarantine scheme:

4.1 I shall be quarantine for one day.

4.2 After a negative (not detected) RT-PCR test result, I am permitted to travel without restrictions in Thailand.

https://tp.consular.go.th/en/policy

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

.... We were not given any instructions about when to take the ATK or to whom to report the results !!! 

Not that it will carry any weight but legally, in most countries anyway, you would only have to follow terms and conditions that you'd agreed to - as you have to both acknowlege and confirm when you make your Thailand Pass application:

'I declare that I have understood all that is stated above and shall strictly abide by them'

But to quote the oft used maxim.......... This is Thailand.

• Confused 1

Hello, everyone,

From a legal point of view, detaining the guest after submitting the test result, if negative, is a deprivation of liberty.
the negative test result cancels the quarantine obligation. 
what is going to change the result of staying in the hotel? 
if i paid for the night, the hotel doesn't care where i stay, they have my money. 
In addition, the test result belongs to the person being tested and not to the hotel, which is already required by data protection.

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Expand  

Not that it will carry any weight but legally, in most countries anyway, you would only have to follow terms and conditions that you'd agreed to - as you have to both acknowlege and confirm when you make your Thailand Pass application:

'I declare that I have understood all that is stated above and shall strictly abide by them'

But to quote the oft used maxim.......... This is Thailand.

Good attempt at playing lawyer......  But, can you find any information regarding what to do with the Antigen test kits ?

Can you also find any information regarding the Antigen test Kits in the any of the terms and conditions... 

And finally... does it state anywhere 'I declare that I have understood all that is stated above and shall strictly abide by them’ ???

This is the closest there is (picture below) - there is no mention of Antigen tests.

Screenshot 2021-11-14 at 22.09.14.png

• Like 1

Hi All,

so my girlfriend is flying into Phuket - she will be using test and go as we are from UK. On the thailand pass application in the section contact and accommodation  - as there are no 1 day packages including PCR tests ( for Phuket) , what have successful applicants uploaded as the hotel bookings do not include PCR tests and these will be booked independently via https://www.shathailand.com/#mainFrame for test on arrival. any help would be much appreciated