More than 65 thousand sign up for Thailand Pass

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

the MFA received 65,338 Thailand Pass applications from 1 November until 8 a.m. of 4 November, with 12,607 applications approved within the same period.

A lot of people really want to come to Thailand now ... !?

With all the hurdles to pass to get here , we , the ones who stay in the country already , seem to be privileged .

I'll try to become more positive now about Thailand and it's way to handle things , as it seems to be even much worse elsewhere ...

A lot want to come ... welcome , prepare well , do not expect too much and enjoy ...

After all , Thailand still is one of the better places to stay .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The spokesman said the ministry has acknowledged some issues with the system

I seem to recollect very similar words about pretty much every App that has been produced since this plague first started...!!! They just don't seem to be able to get things right before throwing it out to the public. Only in Thailand!

• Like 1

Once again don't except responsibility for the stuff up and poor execution, of course this is due to external interference. It will only get worse as applications increase, then God help us on arrival when they cannot work out how to handle the arrivals. Get ready to stay over in quarantine hotels for days not one night.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The spokesman said the ministry has acknowledged some issues with the system, mostly due to external interferences. He said the MFA is now working with the Digital Government Development Agency to constantly improve the system, with the latest feature being the official support on mobile devices.

Usual Thai screw-up then.

have they ever made an app that is fully functional?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Enzian said:

Re: Bonecollector. You've raised the great question of how long before my Dec. 7 flight I should have everything (hotel. insurance etc.) together and make the application. I've assumed a week to 10 days, but as a practical matter could one really start 3 or 4 weeks ahead? Also, I've been thinking if the situation seems too onerous I might put the flyer points on hold and wait till next year, tho in that case I would have to start over on a Non-O, or whatever strategy seems best.

And I assume a lot of the hotels and insurance are non-refundable.

And rules might change on Dec. 1.

Comments appreciated.

And Thailand want to join the digital age... Jeez!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I actually question many of the posts on the other thread seems possibly rot with trolls.

People with low posts on TVF several in single digits saying they got a QR code. Do this and that, put single or double spaces here and there.  Check this or that box, post this type vaccine cert.  Then others coming back saying it did not work.

To add, the " I applied 10 times" folks are just clogging up the system it is all about them I guess such a shame seems arrogantly selfish.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, bluemoonpattaya said:

What could create a bigger problem, could be the back log of PCR test results in Thailand. A PCR test is required on arrival at Bangkok airport, and the mandatory 1 day quarantine in a Thai hotel could become 2 or 3 days, depending on how many PCR tests they can process per day 

Not true.  The AQ/SHA hotels mostly perform the tests at the hotel there is medical outreach to accomplish this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Not true.  The AQ/SHA hotels mostly perform the tests at the hotel there is medical outreach to accomplish this.

but you would not be able to leave the hotel until you have your PCR result

The PCR test has to be processed in a laboratory, it is the lateral flow test that can be used at point of care

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

Buh the serial whiners here told me nobody would come.  Could they possibly be (GASP) wrong again? 

One might be led to believe that with all the negativity the serial whiners spout that they don't want anyone visiting the Kingdom or could it be that they don't have anything constructive to add............................Come on people, at least a cheer from the sidelines for the country we love........................the powers that be might not have handled reintroducing tourism perfectly, (what were the bemoaners honestly expecting?) bear in mind it's still in it's early days and 'yes' it seems by some of the posts here on TV that many unfortunately are struggling with the 'Pass' and could even become collateral damage........................Positivity though, try spreading it, even online.......................one might be surprised at how it subliminally helps others, especially those that are genuinely finding it difficult to reach the Kingdom.................

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bojo said:

One might be led to believe that with all the negativity the serial whiners spout that they don't want anyone visiting the Kingdom or could it be that they don't have anything constructive to add............................Come on people, at least a cheer from the sidelines for the country we love........................the powers that be might not have handled reintroducing tourism perfectly, (what were the bemoaners honestly expecting?) bear in mind it's still in it's early days and 'yes' it seems by some of the posts here on TV that many unfortunately are struggling with the 'Pass' and could even become collateral damage........................Positivity though, try spreading it, even online.......................one might be surprised at how it subliminally helps others, especially those that are genuinely finding it difficult to reach the Kingdom.................

^^ this^^    Compare Thailand with the Philippines where tourism is still completely locked down / locked out. 

15 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I actually question many of the posts on the other thread seems possibly rot with trolls.

People with low posts on TVF several in single digits saying they got a QR code. Do this and that, put single or double spaces here and there.  Check this or that box, post this type vaccine cert.  Then others coming back saying it did not work.

To add, the " I applied 10 times" folks are just clogging up the system it is all about them I guess such a shame seems arrogantly selfish.

who would do that? the government employees who know, that their system is faulty, to encourage people to try many times and claim that 1mln people have applied? But then they would have to admit to failure that only small percent approved and the rest were multiple entries)?

yes, it's puzzling to see many new members, but what they say, they had problem with registering and searched the net for solution. So how they find this forum. There would be many more coming this way, because problems with TP still persist.

Ministry is to blame for this blunder, but they simply blame travellers for daring to use their website.

Looks, like they forgot to bring monks to bless the new server and newly opened office. 

After secret pali chants things will be different  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 10baht said:

Thanks, my plan is to get a Thai pass, if it is still in effect, before I leave to assure a smooth return.

I have the same. I will fill out everything before fly out of Thailand. As I only plan to stay out of Thailand for about 2 weeks. I can fill in everything before fly out.

I also tried the website already but only till the second page where you should fill in passport information. Not want put in anything at the moment.

About the persons who register  10 or more times, it's for sure not good for the other people waiting. But I can understand some of them, they are desperate and have a flight coming up soon. And they not know yet if maybe will have a deny again, then wait again... so they try to do something.
If this is helping others who also waiting.... I am guessing not. But when desperate times come mostly look for themselves and not for others!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Enzian said:

Re: Bonecollector. You've raised the great question of how long before my Dec. 7 flight I should have everything (hotel. insurance etc.) together and make the application. I've assumed a week to 10 days, but as a practical matter could one really start 3 or 4 weeks ahead? Also, I've been thinking if the situation seems too onerous I might put the flyer points on hold and wait till next year, tho in that case I would have to start over on a Non-O, or whatever strategy seems best.

Comments appreciated.

I leave on 11/28. Applied 11/3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Enzian said:

Comments appreciated.

Time frame for applying is 7 to 39 days prior to departure . The 7 day is a bit shady as, when one register, they get an email stating that it will be considered within 7 working days. If you can afford to wait, I would advise you to do so as the situation will (favourably ?) evolve. Of course the Covid situation might throw all hoped to the ground again