More than 65 thousand sign up for Thailand Pass

webfact

14 hours ago, VBF said:

Yesterday, I was offered my booster, booked for end of November. I fully expect that to appear on the NHS App in due course.

My pal got the invite via SMS and had his booster Saturday in NE UK. He said he had to wait for the invite as had enquired earlier. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

There's always one isn't there - and its usually you.  Of course it was all fine for you, you never have any problems. Whenever the Thai authorities see its you making and application, they roll out the red carpet and give you the VIP treatment. I have no doubt that if you applied for Thailand Pass, you'd have approval the next day.  Clearly the Thai authorities thought there was something wrong with it - its gone.

Tell your stories to all the guys who had problems with COE or tell it to my wife who even as a Thai, struggled.

LOL - you sound bitter and angry......

There's plenty of people that never had any issues with CoE, as mentioned it's not difficult and you don't need to be a rocket scientist to go through the process, i'm certainly not.

Note - i got no red carpet.

I suspect one of the reasons people are having issues with Thai Pass is coz it's a new system and as with most new systems, it will have teething problems. People that have booked immediately as the system was up IMO have been niave to expect a smooth experience.

Yes, when the time comes for me to use the Thai Pass i don't expect any problems.

If you send me your wifes number i can give her a call, no problem.

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 9:07 AM, VBF said:

Yesterday, I was offered my booster, booked for end of November. I fully expect that to appear on the NHS App in due course.

There was discussion about that on TV yesterday, apparently the booster won't show at the moment but a government spokesman said 'We are looking at how that can be implemented' - Can't see why it can't go on immediately or why they need to 'look at how it can be implemented' - surely its quite simple - in the same way the shots were recorded!

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

There was discussion about that on TV yesterday, apparently the booster won't show at the moment but a government spokesman said 'We are looking at how that can be implemented' - Can't see why it can't go on immediately or why they need to 'look at how it can be implemented' - surely its quite simple - in the same way the shots were recorded!

Didn't know that - thanks. And yes...you'd think, wouldn't you? ????

• Like 1

20 hours ago, shdmn said:

The UK sounds totally awesome.  Maybe you should stay there.  Why go somewhere where the gov't websites don't work properly day 1?  That's way worse than cold miserable weather and people for 11.9 months a year.

You forgot the sarcasm emoji ????

12 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I suspect one of the reasons people are having issues with Thai Pass is coz it's a new system and as with most new systems, it will have teething problems. People that have booked immediately as the system was up IMO have been niave to expect a smooth experience.

A new system that was preceeded by COE - they've had ample time to sort out the issues, the requirements are almost identical. COE was a problem for some because it was dealt with by individual embassies at first, embassies that were probably given no more information than we were.  After lots of complaints, it was taken over by the MFA but then behind the scenes, it was kicked back to the embassies after a few weeks - probably when the MFA saw how much work they had to do.  People may have thought they were dealing with the MFA because the link stayed the same but they were in fact, deaing with the embassy for their region.

You have often said that you've had no problems and even appeared to be belittling those who had.  The fact that you had no problems doesn't make those who did wrong - it simply means you were lucky.  I suspect some will have lost flights/changed flight dates because of the delays.

If there was nothing wrong with COE, why change it? The name could have been changed if all it is is marketing.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

The fact that you had no problems doesn't make those who did wrong - it simply means you were lucky. 

Incorrect, i spent time researching and reading up on requirements and instead of merely complaining ( like most ) followed the simple instructions. Like i say it was not hard, all you had to do was upload documents.....

17 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

If there was nothing wrong with COE, why change it? The name could have been changed if all it is is marketing.

The changed it to simplify it, TP now requires was less documents but some still choose to complain?

The mind boggles.

Wifes phone #?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

The changed it to simplify it, TP now requires was less documents but some still choose to complain?

But it doesn't bloody work!! That's why people are complaining.  There's a guy on here that's travelling in 4 days!

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Incorrect, i spent time researching and reading up on requirements and instead of merely complaining ( like most ) followed the simple instructions. Like i say it was not hard, all you had to do was upload documents.....

The mind boggles.

Wifes phone #?

They simplified it?! Way less documents?! Are you looking at the same Thailand Pass that I am?

Edited by JCP108
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 2:13 AM, shdmn said:

Ahhh, maybe try book somewhere else.  There are only like 80 different options for test and go in BKK.

Or better yet why don't you go somewhere else since you seem to hate Thailand so much.  I hear Mexico and Indonesia are nice.

its just taken me 6 days to make a hotel booking in Bangkok - even with the help of a Thai friend.  This is a major hotel with close to 500 rooms and it appears they don't even have booking software.  I can honestly say, I've never experienced that anywhere else in the world.

6 days to make hotel booking...

Major hotel... no booking software...

There's lists of the many many participating hotels on the net, big price range, why didn't you go to one of these numerous well organized lists. Why/how would anybody take 6 days to discover ''' has no booking software'''?

Strange fellow.

A friend sent me this which might be useful to some - I haven't seen it on Asean Now. Note: a slightly poor use of language in the first paragraph under Before Arrival. 'Thai's and Foreign Residents' - I understand what they mean but only because I have associations with Thailand.  I've so far shown it to 3 people who have no connection and asked them what their understanding was and they've all said words to the effect of - surely that means everybody............555.  What I believe it should say is Thai's and Foreigners normally resident in Thailand. 

Said it a thousand times, why don't they get a native English speaker to proof read things before they issue them? Remember who they are targeting with 'this re-opening plan' - tourists, not us.  Things like this are why embassies phone lines are constantly busy and their inboxes full.

Anyway, I hope its useful.

(If you save it and then use Microsoft Picture Manager to open it, it will show a black screen for some reason - try a different programme.)

Test & Go 3.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, scorecard said:

There's lists of the many many participating hotels on the net, big price range, why didn't you go to one of these numerous well organized lists. Why/how would anybody take 6 days to discover ''' has no booking software'''?

I only found out they had no booking software at the end when every time I spoke to them they had to find me through my e-mail address which I had to spell out for them as in H for hotel.  As I explained elsewhere, the reason I didn't bin it and go elsewhere is because I was aware others were having the same problem -I might have taken 2 steps back.

I am now aware of 5 people who had similar problems and the common denominator was aq.in.thailand.  You might also have seen that another poster on here had the same problem.

I don't really have to explain myself but just so you know - I also had a look on Agoda before I sent payment and there were clearly problems with their lists - some supposed AQ hotels quoting 1500 baht for 1 night, no mention of tests or anything, clearly something wrong - I stayed where I was.

Sneering isn't clever and is unecessary it just makes people think your a keyboard warrior.

Edited by KhaoYai

3 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

You need a stiff drink, a good tok, have a degree in computer science, and your chances of getting the system to work where you are boarding your plane with zero worries is about nil. Why bother with Thailand Pass Pain In The A$$? When you can vacation is so many better cheaper and less scam friendly nations.

Agreed and wish I could. Unfortunately I have to get back before the end of this month :  (

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, alyx said:

Agreed and wish I could. Unfortunately I have to get back before the end of this month :

I also need to get back.  My wife has put up with 2 lots of quarantine on return since the pandemic started, I can't ask her to do that again.  Much as I'd like to, I can't take much more than 2 weeks off work so I've had to wait for quarantine to end (sort of ????) to make a visit possible.

I'd give up on the place completely if my wife would but that was never part of the deal.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 5:09 PM, shdmn said:

Now we find out you are only interested in the cheapest option.  How the goal posts change when pushed.

The test results are supposed to be back within 6 hours - I'm outta there and heading home before the traffic starts on NYE (hopefully).  You may wish to waste your money on a 'waiting room' - I'd rather spend mine on my family.  Its not about the cheapest option, its about common sense,

On my second ever trip to Thailand I booked in at The Amari Watergate as I'd not been enamoured with the first hotel I stayed at.  The cost was 3500 per night - expensive at the time and still way more then you need to pay now.  I very quickly found out that the old addage 'You get what you pay for' is not always correct in Thailand.  On the few occasions where I need to stay in a hotel in Bangkok these days, I know a few that are to my liking - unfortunately none of them are on the AQ lists.

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

They simplified it?! Way less documents?! Are you looking at the same Thailand Pass that I am?

Well is there a new published list of items to submit?

Is there a new published format/online application form?

Where can I find all this online please?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

But it doesn't bloody work!! That's why people are complaining.  There's a guy on here that's travelling in 4 days!

Should have waited to travel until teething problems thrashed out OR come in with a CoE system that was proven to work then - nuff said.

Also, i don't care for your angry tone.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, alyx said:

Are you  arrogant or are you just blessed with a tunnel vision ? You are saying that among the tens of thousand who have applied , the few thousands who received their QR code, are the ones who "spent time researching and reading up on requirements and instead of merely complaining  followed the simple instructions...and all you had to do was upload documents.....".

The 50,000 or so other applicants are simple-minded ?

What a poor comment !!!!!

I'm saying most of these people that have had problems should have waited till the teething problems were ironed out.

People who complain about the CoE being difficult worry me, it's ( was ) really not.

• Haha 2

On 11/6/2021 at 8:57 AM, VBF said:

Why does it matter how long you've had your address?

You can create a new one in about 20 seconds - I have many addresses - all for different  purposes and given to different people.

Example, i would never share the address I use for banking with a forum. It also means I can prioritise the important from the trivial.

It simplifies things. I'd dread to think a confirmation email would be sent to an email account I got locked out of or forgot the password to. I do however appreciate your reply and the practicality of your preferences. We may disagree on multiple email addresses however. But I think we might agree on the farcical Thailand pass and hoops needed to re-enter Thailand.

• Thanks 1

Any recent reports of how many have applied and how many have been processed so we can have a sense of the size of the backlog? How many can they manually review per day? I'm worried they ended up with an ever increasing backlog that they now can't manage. I travel in a few days and no pass yet.