Pattaya Music Festival passes final inspection, first day of four weekend event starts today

webfact

screenshot_15666.jpg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand - The Pattaya City Mayor, Sonthaya Khunplume, and his team of deputy mayors and city officials conducted a final assessment and inspection of the Pattaya Music Festival last night, November 4th, 2021 on Pattaya Beach.

First, a video recap of the music festival for those who may not be aware of the event can be seen here.

The music festival is set to have its first big day today, November 5th, 2021, with many Covid-19 precautions and rules in place. This will be the first major event in Pattaya since April of this year when following a rise in Covid-19 cases and low vaccination rates the country essentially entered strict business closures and restrictions to slow the spread of the virus.

Seven months later, with vaccination rates in Chonburi over 70% and in Pattaya, according to the Mayor, over 80%, the city is ready to resume events to attract domestic and foreign tourists. Unfortunately, the nightlife, entertainment, and bar industry remain closed and alcohol can not be sold at restaurants due to orders from the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, at the national level. This order has led to widespread frustration and anger from business owners but despite the repeated complaints and pleas to reopen, they have fallen on deaf ears so far.

Specific reasons for the ongoing ban in Pattaya, arguably one of the most famous nightlife spots in Thailand, even though places like Phuket and Krabi have seen some easing of the rules, have not been given by the CCSA.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/05/pattaya-music-festival-passes-final-inspection-first-day-of-four-weekend-event-starts-today/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 3

I think I read in another article  the will be 3 stages  one at north Pattaya  one at "Central"

and one  at "Royal Garden"      as well as other stages  on Koh larn  and at the usual place in Jomtien  near the (ex) night market...not much of interest for any foreign tourist brave ( or stupid) enough to attend as there are no foreign bands playing,no alcohol,no bars open,talk of not allowing the usual food vendors,only 500 per stage and Covid testing before entry to stage areas !!!!!   I think I'll give it a miss thanks :bah:

1 hour ago, johng said:

I think I read in another article  the will be 3 stages  one at north Pattaya  one at "Central"

and one  at "Royal Garden"      as well as other stages  on Koh larn  and at the usual place in Jomtien  near the (ex) night market...not much of interest for any foreign tourist brave ( or stupid) enough to attend as there are no foreign bands playing,no alcohol,no bars open,talk of not allowing the usual food vendors,only 500 per stage and Covid testing before entry to stage areas !!!!!   I think I'll give it a miss thanks :bah:

That would make sense (the various stages) as  they are apparently pumping a lot of bands/acts through each weekend. Too many for a single stage.

I recall the festival they had last year (same day as Loy Kratong I think) and we were on North Pattaya Beach. Didn't even know there was a stage and music happening until we were driving home and made the turn (from Beach Rd onto Central Pattaya Rd).

The stage and speakers were all aimed towards South Pattaya and at the north end of the beach you couldn't hear a thing.

I can also imagine that no one will know which acts will appear on which stage, until after they have performed !

Hope the rain holds off. I recall last year it rained (remember the bikini run on the beach which ended up being rather damp). Which reminds me..........

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I can also imagine that no one will know which acts will appear on which stage, until after they have performed !

I saw somewhere here on thaivisa  a line up of expected artist   the ones I remember where Joey Boy,J Jetrin and Carabao and tons of others I have never heard of so don't remember.

4 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Can we rename it "The Pattaya Unpleasant Noise Festival"?

From past experience the acoustics are not very good,the artist very often not on best form but sometimes they do get it just right and that's a "magic moment"

14 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Saw a Stage going up at the top end near the Dolphin yesterday.

Thought to myself as I drove past " Good place to put the Stage - I hope it doesn't Rain "

It rained where I was north of town, early.... maybe 6.30 pm. Gone an hour later.

Edited by jacko45k

Are they just trolling us now?  Last month they expected us to believe that the beach was dangerous and any type of gathering on beaches could spread covid and now they are hosting a music festival on the beach to encourage people to gather there.    I'd find it quite funny if I wasn't in Thailand and they were not destroying peoples businesses and lives for this power trip.    

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It rained where I was north of town, early.... maybe 6.30 pm. Gone an hour later.

About 7 PM around Soi 7/8.

Hell that was a stampede fleeing from the beach.

Not quite following Covid rules :whistling:

Wow, this thread managed to last for several comments before the serial whiners started overrunning it with their usual toxic nonsense.  Must be some kind of record around here.

Edited by shdmn

2 hours ago, shdmn said:

Wow, this thread managed to last for several comments before the serial whiners started overrunning it with their usual toxic nonsense.  Must be some kind of record around here.

And off topic comments like yours.

7 hours ago, James105 said:

Are they just trolling us now?  Last month they expected us to believe that the beach was dangerous and any type of gathering on beaches could spread covid and now they are hosting a music festival on the beach to encourage people to gather there.    I'd find it quite funny if I wasn't in Thailand and they were not destroying peoples businesses and lives for this power trip.    

Sir its well known Covid hates Rock and Roll music so the beaches are now safe..

Edited by redwood1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

About 7 PM around Soi 7/8.

Hell that was a stampede fleeing from the beach.

Not quite following Covid rules :whistling:

Is kind of funny after they made a BIB BIG deal out of the reopening festival it gets rained out and everyone goes home...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, shdmn said:

Look objectively: The start of opening high season for international visitors and they are going to have to put up with this, and for a month ? They sometimes can't have it both ways regarding domestic/foreigners.