Customers flee from restaurant near Bali Hai for the second time after police inspection around Pattaya restaurant alcohol ban

webfact

Why don't the authorities just close down the bars for a year or more for  not obeying the rules  when you read  time and Time again they are reopened soon after paying a fine 

Looks like the brown envelopes do work 

A example/s  needs to be made 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

amen to that, definitely something going on in Pattaya to harass like this all restaurant owners and customers on a regular basis

I know of a few Pattaya cockroaches in their late 50s bailing out after living there 20+ years

how times have changed,

It's simple.

The corrupt police have been missing out on all the bribes from the red light venues so they needed to come up with something to extort operators and tourists over to keep their Mia Nois happy until they can get back to the regular business...

Edited by dutchweller

54 minutes ago, AllanA said:

So much negative chat on Thailand’s new era of a great holiday destination . . somehow I think this alcohol ban with all the red tape to actually get into the country will only put tourists off completely. 
it sounds like if a tourist gets caught with a beer for heavens sake he’ll end up in jail on their holiday ????

I think most tourists watching what’s happening on the ground are definitely being put off going there. They need to sort it out before any tourist recovery is destroyed completely.

Most tourists can actually have a drink at a restaurant or a bar in their own country yet can’t if they go on holiday to Thailand. . why go there . . 

Exactly ????

1 hour ago, dutchweller said:

It's simple.

The corrupt police have been missing out on all the bribes from the red light venues so they needed to come up with something to extort operators and tourists over to keep their Mia Nois happy until they can get back to the regular business...

It's going to be a long wait to get back to normal business. Add a stockmarket crash early in 2022 to what's happening now and then see what happens 

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I give Thai cops a very hard time, which they richly deserve. I do NOT engage in pushback in the US. 

Prudent.

US cops enjoy abusing people of non-color as well.

Esp mentally ill, physically disabled, poor powerless people.

Anybody who doesn't bow down to them.

A NY Supreme court judge got attacked by cop couple years back.

This is soo funny and at the same time it’s complete madness.

For sure will not help in getting back the much needed tourists.

For god sake. Just require bar guests to be double vaccinated and limit the amount of guests allowed. How hard can it be to use a bit of common sense and at the same time not completely destroy the local economy??

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Benmart said:

Thugs? 'merca? We hire?

Do you have any personal experience in the hiring process to become a police officer? If so, which US state? Do you have any clue as to how many police contacts result in a physical confrontation or use of force?

Have you been to a police academy and  what is taught as to what is a legal or illegal use of force, and the consequences for using such for without justification?

There are plenty of thugs in this world, some wear uniforms, some don't. Some hide behind the anonymity of a keyboard.

Then why does the 'merca' police have such a 'vaunted' reputation around the world?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shackleton said:

Why don't the authorities just close down the bars for a year or more for  not obeying the rules  when you read  time and Time again they are reopened soon after paying a fine 

Looks like the brown envelopes do work 

A example/s  needs to be made 

Why do we need an example of how brown envelopes work?

6 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

This looks like the restaurant at the  beginning of walking street.  It is getting ridiculous.

I think that they need to open the bars to booze but limit the number of people at each bar.

That would be the logical and sensible approach and I have been saying that myself for a long time.  However, this is Thailand and very little is ever logical or sensible, especially when that gets in the way of the cops making a buck or two.

5 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Like most laws in Thailand it must be frustrating to the police personnel to enforce laws that they break themselves everyday!  takes away from their own drinking and partying time?????

Do  as I say, not as I do......

Not frustrating, lucrative!

4 hours ago, Russell17au said:

If they were not drinking alcohol in the restaurant then why run away. The only reason they would run away is because they are guilty of breaking the no alcohol law and as for the no alcohol laws in Thailand, it is not your country and you do not make the laws (thank Christ) so whether you like it or not or even if you don't agree with the law it is not your right to do as you please but you are obliged to obey the laws that are set in place by the law makers in what ever country you are in.

Absolute rubbish, if you want to obey every law, it is not worth your while even getting out of bed in the morning.

There are ways around most laws if you look for them, if you don't agree with any, then remember you have a middle finger.

Don't get me wrong here, I do agree with most laws, but if any would affect me in a negative way, I usually find a way of using that middle finger.

5 hours ago, Russell17au said:

If they were not drinking alcohol in the restaurant then why run away. The only reason they would run away is because they are guilty of breaking the no alcohol law and as for the no alcohol laws in Thailand, it is not your country and you do not make the laws (thank Christ) so whether you like it or not or even if you don't agree with the law it is not your right to do as you please but you are obliged to obey the laws that are set in place by the law makers in what ever country you are in.

Did you ever consider that Thais are involved as well, they obviously disagree with their lawmakers as well.

• Thanks 1