Pattaya Immigration

mran66

Time to renew my retirement extension...have not followed what special arrangements there are, if any, in Pattaya immigration due to Covid so asking here - can I just go as before and get a queue number at counter, or any appointment system that I would need to use?

Seems it is closed until later this week, so probably no point to go until next week anyway.

• Haha 1

The queues outside have been pretty long since the pandemic rules were eased.  I would use an agent if I were you, if only to avoid the possibility of hours spent in the place and some time in the heat. This will be exacerbated by this weeks covid closure.  But I have no patience for queuing,  so if you do, then fine.

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I did last week.

3 minute wait to get queue number.

No wait for retirement desk.

Processed in 5 minutes.

Of course you need time to fill out the application.

Yes, but you need to wait a month for the stamp in your passport! ????

Edited by Chris.B

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I did last week.

3 minute wait to get queue number.

No wait for retirement desk.

Processed in 5 minutes.

Of course you need time to fill out the application.

Okay so seems to be as before then!

3 hours ago, johng said:

Any new document requirements ?

From my last January check list:

• Bank statement
  • BankBook 1st page + last 3 months pages.
  • Top account >฿800k 60 days before renewal.
  • Passport ID page + ALL visas
  • TM 6
  • TM 7 + 1 photo
  • Rental Agreement

55 minutes ago, GMajor said:

Thanks but I was asking about the marriage requirements.

26 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Just the usual document for marriage extension, the same each year

So they did not ask you for an updated Kor RoR 2 certificate  that was new for me last time.

23 hours ago, GMajor said:

• Bank statement
  • BankBook 1st page + last 3 months pages.
  • Top account >฿800k 60 days before renewal.
  • Passport ID page + ALL visas
  • TM 6
  • TM 7 + 1 photo
  • Rental Agreement

I have also been asked for a copy of my landlord's ID card in the past.

I need to do my first retirement extension here since moving down from BKK. I will use the monthly income method & have all the necessary docs, however I noticed mention of a "Copy of document showing source of income". I am self financing so don't have a pension provider - has anyone come across this requirement at Jomtien?

29 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

I need to do my first retirement extension here since moving down from BKK. I will use the monthly income method & have all the necessary docs, however I noticed mention of a "Copy of document showing source of income". I am self financing so don't have a pension provider - has anyone come across this requirement at Jomtien?

Reuirements for 65k method seem to me country specific, at least in Pattaya. Last year I tried 65k method, but was declined as for my country (with state pension system) they required embassy document about pension. I can not get as I am not entitle to pension from my country due to my age, am self funding too, thus can not qualify for 65k method.  So back to 800k system.

I understood that had I passport from some other country, I could have qualified with my paperwork (excl any income statement, just had the monthly bank transfer docs)

Thus, if you could share your country and possibly earlier experience in BKK, maybe could get more accurate and reliable answers.

Edited by mran66
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harry2 said:

A couple of guys I know have not had to do this... one receives investment income. He showed evidence of the money leaving an Oz bank, and of it arriving in a Thai bank. That was not accepted, and they sent him to his Thai bank to get a one year statement of all international deposits... obviously 12x65,000 baht, one per month minimum.  That worked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

A couple of guys I know have not had to do this... one receives investment income. He showed evidence of the money leaving an Oz bank, and of it arriving in a Thai bank. That was not accepted, and they sent him to his Thai bank to get a one year statement of all international deposits... obviously 12x65,000 baht, one per month minimum.  That worked. 

Thanks. Right that is what I have done in BKK for last 3 years. Got 12x  monthly proof of B65k being transferred to Thailand from abroad from BKK Bank. Plus an official BKK bank letter confirming the 12 transfers. Then just the usual forms & same day bank letter for bank account proof, but no 'source of funds' stuff.

37 minutes ago, Espanol said:

I went last Friday and they gave me appointment for next Monday. 

Bad timing.

The trick is to know what time to.arrive.

It ain't rocket science.

However in your case I think you arrived after the office was closed for multiple days because of Covid! Of course that would mean huge numbers of people coming in for days after the closing!

The same phenom happens close the holiday closings.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Bad timing.

The trick is to know what time to.arrive.

It ain't rocket science.

However in your case I think you arrived after the office was closed for multiple days because of Covid! Of course that would mean huge numbers of people coming in for days after the closing!

The same phenom happens close the holiday closings.

nice to see that you are not only a bath bus expert :-)

• Haha 2

Some off topic bickering and baiting posts have been removed, topic is about:

Pattaya Immigration

can I just go as before and get a queue number at counter, or any appointment system that I would need to use?

Seems it is closed until later this week, so probably no point to go until next week anyway.