Government officials concerned over possible ‘Loy Krathong’ Covid-19 clusters next week, more dine-in alcohol rules to be considered by local authorities

webfact

564000011395901-696x412.jpg

PHOTO: Manager Online

Bangkok – General Supot Malaniyom, Secretary-General of the National Security Council (NSC), gave an interview to the Associated Press this afternoon, November 10th, regarding the general situations, plans, and concerns of the Covid-19 situation during the country’s reopening.

The General is also prominent with the “small” Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, proposal committee that specifically proposes and deals with restrictions and measures in the country. These proposals are then sent to the “full” CCSA committee chaired by Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan O’Cha.

Supot said that the overall situation is going well. There may be some minor problems since the reopening but related agencies have managed to solve them already.

When being asked if the government was worried about the upcoming Loy Krathong festival in many areas, Supot said that the authorities, especially the Ministry of Public Health and medical personnel, were concerned about the significant increase of daily infections and clusters, especially those possibly caused by people marking the holiday “untraditional” with alcohol or parties.

However, the provincial authorities have been informed and proceeded carefully under the public health measures to prevent the possible spread of Covid-19.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/10/government-officials-concerned-over-possible-loy-krathong-covid-19-clusters-next-week-more-dine-in-alcohol-rules-to-be-considered-by-local-authorities/

PattayaNews.jpg

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Ministry of Public Health and medical personnel, were concerned about the significant increase of daily infections and clusters, especially those possibly caused by people marking the holiday “untraditional” with alcohol or parties.

But not the music festival in Pattaya?

• Like 2

Perhaps they could express similar concern and take proactive measures (mobile patrols by trained police) to mitigate the carnage in the roadways during this time period. Sadly, it most likely will be stationary check points, slight of hand and the usual rhetoric.

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Yes I believe that is a very dangerous situation. People who pray and put a kratong in he water, with no other activities allowed...It is just one evening , while in Pattaya there is a big music festival till who knows.....Gatherings were prohibited by the Governement, so what a lot of stupid talk again...

Sex, Money and Power is what it's all about. The talk you mentioned is a recording that is on a loop, playing over and over and...

2 hours ago, Benmart said:

Perhaps they could express similar concern and take proactive measures (mobile patrols by trained police) to mitigate the carnage in the roadways during this time period. Sadly, it most likely will be stationary check points, slight of hand and the usual rhetoric.

I've never noticed any carnage during Loy grathong

8 hours ago, webfact said:

When being asked if the government was worried about the upcoming Loy Krathong festival in many areas, Supot said that the authorities, especially the Ministry of Public Health and medical personnel, were concerned about the significant increase of daily infections and clusters, especially those possibly caused by people marking the holiday “untraditional” with alcohol or parties.

Two things strike me from this paragraph.

Firstly the Medical Authorities are admitting that there is an increase of Infections already, and secondly, they know they have a real problem on their hands with the people not following guidelines about gatherings and social distancing.

Many Thais will just use the Loy Kratong Festival for their party behavior, that has been demonstrated by so many over the Years.

IMO, we are about to witness Songkran MK 2, and these Medical Authorities seem to have the voice of reasoning, but as always reason is thrown out of the window in pursuit of money from Tourism.

9 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Here we go again.

What does consuming alcohol have to do with the possible spread?

I also never understood. But lately I have seen Thais drinking. Genetically they don't tolerate alcohol well and women even less. They like to sit close in groups and get very loud. I do believe this helps spreading a virus. It is not like having a beer or a glass of wine with a meal. Unfortunately the latter group suffers from the behavior of the first. 

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Oh great, ferry and boat trips to add to the contagious risks !????

They could solve that by organising a 'marathon swim!' to and from Koh Larn....????.....They like doing these events at night.

Edited by SunsetT

From the full article: "Initially, the government has allowed four pilot tourism areas to sell alcohol in restaurants as well as some other areas in 13 provinces"

What other areas in which 13 provinces??? I have read nothing of this.

12 hours ago, Dirk Z said:

I also never understood. But lately I have seen Thais drinking. Genetically they don't tolerate alcohol well and women even less. They like to sit close in groups and get very loud. I do believe this helps spreading a virus. It is not like having a beer or a glass of wine with a meal. Unfortunately the latter group suffers from the behavior of the first. 

You have obviously not seen many Thais drinking. Boll@cks to the "latter group".

Edited by timendres