Bars, pubs and nightclubs in Thailand could remain closed until 2022

webfact

45 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Hopefully they open pubs/bars in Pattaya soon. I saw loads of "Pattaya looking" types in Bangkok last weekend. I think we are being invaded. There will be rows of Pattaya plated Fortuners jamming up Soi 4 soon, bringing their unvaccinated brethren with them, Chang vests, cargo shorts and all. Sunburnt shaved heads everywhere. Please lord, open a few bars down there - this has to stop ????.

Edited by malibukid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

bars, pubs and nightclubs across the country remain closed.

Not on my soi in central BKK, they're not.

Yes, there are combo restaurant-bars that have been serving alcohol under the new rules. But at least on my soi -- and elsewhere from various reports here -- there are lots of pretty much bar-only places that have reopened and been serving alcohol at least since the start of November.

• Like 1

The report also said that Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-o-Cha called on business owners within the entertainment industry “not to be selfish” with regards to reopening. 

<deleted> you have sent many of these establishments broke with your COVID mixed policies. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, FalangJaiDee said:

I feel the need to stir the pot. Does anyone else believe this is a DELIBERATE effort to kill the red-light venues, as an indirect way to actualize the xenophobia of the current “administration.” They hate foreigners, they want them out, and this is an effective way to do it without overtly declaring so; similar to the retirement alterations 

There is no other logic behind these specific closures, considering that places like tree town are blatantly selling alcohol and the place is packed with people every night. there is no logic in closing open air bars if this is allowed max

If the government do have a wish to kill Walking-street and other red-light venues in Pattaya, there will never in a million years come a better moment than right now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Hopefully they open pubs/bars in Pattaya soon. I saw loads of "Pattaya looking" types in Bangkok last weekend. I think we are being invaded. There will be rows of Pattaya plated Fortuners jamming up Soi 4 soon, bringing their unvaccinated brethren with them, Chang vests, cargo shorts and all. Sunburnt shaved heads everywhere. Please lord, open a few bars down there - this has to stop ????.

Loads of "Pattaya looking" types.......I like it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Oh I see......that is where they are coming from!

I assumed they were a new influx from abroad........but that would explain why there seem to be so many 'new' faces suddenly knocking about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FalangJaiDee said:

I feel the need to stir the pot. Does anyone else believe this is a DELIBERATE effort to kill the red-light venues, as an indirect way to actualize the xenophobia of the current “administration.” They hate foreigners, they want them out, and this is an effective way to do it without overtly declaring so; similar to the retirement alterations 

There is no other logic behind these specific closures, considering that places like tree town are blatantly selling alcohol and the place is packed with people every night. there is no logic in closing open air bars if this is allowed max

I was coming to similar conclusion. In my view 2 scenarios, the first as you say to kill off the bar/Gogo/clubs. The second is the actual covid situation is worse than they are reporting.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Talked with my gf this morning..every reason she told me NOT to come this time is true.

We used to go out at nigthttime taking a beer.(she dont drink)she know i like that..

She have a business in korat so we cant see echother at daytime.She want i come visit her there,but i dont want.Had said hi to her staff allready.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, berrec said:

The report also said that Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-o-Cha called on business owners within the entertainment industry “not to be selfish” with regards to reopening. 

Says the bloke who stole power and is now hanging on to it like grim death ! 555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1