US #1 as arrival list tops 50,000 after Thailand reopening - CCSA calls for more SHA accreditation

webfact

Govt as usual blowing smoke up their ass if they think that 50K arrivals is a roaring success. As has been said in other posts majority will be returning Expats with their Thai partners.. By all accounts on Twitter, Facebook there are very few tourists... Som Nam Na TAT, must try harder.. 

Edited by Forza2002

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Does anybody know if they actually separate the nationalities or is it just where the flights arrived from?  If it is flights, that would explain the high number for the UAE.

My interpretation is the UAE has a lot of people with lots of money and they paid to have the red tape and hoops taken care of for them. Money speaks volumes and their money shouts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

So, where did they go??  I haven't  seen them around Pattaya 

There are a few around Chiang Mai, easy to spot wandering around aimlessly. Saw two today walking along highway 11 just pass airport plaza, still had their back packs on walking from the airport to there next destination.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, moe666 said:

There are a few around Chiang Mai, easy to spot wandering around aimlessly. Saw two today walking along highway 11 just pass airport plaza, still had their back packs on walking from the airport to there next destination.

And you know these 2 had no destination in mind how?

5 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Same all over the world  it ain't just a Thailand problem. We are in the middle of a pandemic  you know..

The management of Astra Zenneker have just announced that they no longer consider covid to be pandemic it is now endemic (ie it will never go away and we will have to live with it like we do with flu). On the basis of that they are now upping the cost of vaccination doses to certain wealthy nations so they can start making a profit

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Does anybody know if they actually separate the nationalities or is it just where the flights arrived from?  If it is flights, that would explain the high number for the UAE.

We came in via the UAE a few weeks ago.  I'd guess that would count?  Flight was 95% full.

My friend just came in from the US and she said it was maybe 25% full.

Hmmm....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

Kiss the peace and quiet goodbye then.

Personally I'd rather have the Chinese and Russians

Guess you don't know the Chinese who come here very well.  Russians were pretty good as many came as couples.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, spetersen said:

Does the definition really matter ? 

It's amazing how many thaivisa forum members seem so concerned wether arrivals are tourists or returning expats.. They seem to get upset at the thoughts of things slowly improving here.

23 hours ago, KhunLA said:

So if 'trend' continues the rest of Nov 2021, then 100k+ expected.

Compared to tourist arrivals of Nov 2019 @ 3.35 million ... hmm

From Dec 2019 news-blip - "The ministry said foreign visitors accounted for 3.35 million last month"

You forgot to mention the 6 million Brits (announced earlier this year)

20 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Yes, most from America as their gas and oil charges are going through the roof. Thailand is a great place to come and worm up.

You ASSumed my post of "winning", I was referring to something else perhaps? I was referring to "winning" for (TAT) Tourism Authority of Thailand, and even that was a bit tongue and cheek. But no big deal. Sometimes you only see (read) what you want to see (read)!!!!!!

Edited by wannascuba

11 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Can we please focus on main topic, US No 1, US No 1, US No 1

At least it makes for a bit of difference. AN usually tries to work the UK into topics and headlines about Thailand news. The only difference is it usually headlines the UK as being #3 or #4 in whatever particular achievement. Fitting.

12 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Can we please focus on main topic, US No 1, US No 1, US No 1

Funny you should say that.

Little, bald, American guy in Soi 7 last night was swinging a pool cue about screaming "US number 1"....... until someone lamped him.

Not you I hope?

20 hours ago, placeholder said:

It depends on your frame of reference.  Over the last 52 weeks, the Baht has receded—I get that.  But over the last month—the Baht has gained 2% over most western currencies, despite the devastation of the tourist industry.