Being gouged changing ticket Europe - BKK - CNX because of 1-day quarantine rules

33 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

He booked a Swiss Air flight Ticket from Europe to Chiang Mai (with a change of planes in Bangkok).

Realising that he (or anyone else) cannot ’transit' in Bangkok and do his ’Test & Go’ quarantine in Chiang Mai he requested that his ticket be changed to Bangkok - this was going to cost him 3000 baht per passenger extra for removing the additional leg of the flight.

He booked a flight checking the rules poorly as well the flight details. Other than that, he will still fly and land in BKK without issues. You do not get charged for a already paid ticket you miss by rules or you will always be able to change it to the initial destination. If he has a lot luggage this could even work out in his favor by do checking his baggage trough and flying that same day.

A separate ticket from BKK to CNX is 750-1500 each, end of the story. He is just clearly inexperienced, who books a Inter flight from the west to CM directly in the first place.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

5 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

A separate ticket from BKK to CNX is 750-1500 each, end of the story. He is just clearly inexperienced.

You try booking a flight around New Years Eve at a convenient time. "He is just clearly inexperienced"  I'm not even going to bother to answer that.

Edited by nglodnig

1 minute ago, nglodnig said:

You try booking a flight aroundNew Years Eve at the a convenient time. "He is just clearly inexperienced"  I'm not even going to bother to answer that.

I can get you 20 tickets right now for the specific date you mentioned, at max 1500 baht. There is no high prices, you forgot we have covid? I just booked myself for in 6 hours at 750 baht too and checked.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I can get you 20 tickets right now for the specific date you mentioned, at max 1500 baht. There is no high prices, you forgot we have covid? I just booked myself for in 6 hours at 750 baht too and checked.

Well lucky lucky you!

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Swiss Air is a national carrier..... your haste to place blame on the op does not consider a ticket for that specific routing should never have been up for sale in the first place - it is a routing which cannot be taken. The airlines know this, but take their chances the regulations may change and if they don’t, they still have cash-flow. 

I have not allocated blame in haste or otherwise. My original comment stands.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Sad 1

My experience with Swiss last month was entirely different. 

Originally booked CNX-ZRH-CNX, then domestic flights were cancelled and Swiss emailed a new confirmation without the CNX-BKK segment.

For the return, decided to avoid the Bangkok quarantine and try the Samui sandbox. Swiss cancelled the BKK-CNX segment on WE and booked a BKK-USM on PG, also changing the departure from ZRH to the following day for a shorter connection (was originally booked on LH). Total cost 500 baht.