New honda PCX 160: Where to buy ? (Pattaya)

Spellforce

6 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

After going to several Mityon in and out of Pattata lately, I couldn't find one PCX 160 abs close to 94k. I found some ADV at 108 which is not "so bad" I believe but only the "Captain America" paint job. The ADV is more expensive I believe, I didn't check that market.

Mityon Theprasit will only sell PCX on installments but sell Click Cash.

My experience is only Pattaya area but for me as a farlang there was a hefty farlang tax.

If you order a special color or edition the response can vary from "ok, we can bring it in this afternoon" (which they did even though I didnt ask for it) to "pay one thousand deposit and wait 1-2 months and we'll see what we can do"  ????

Did you try Asia City Motors? Mityons always add on falang tax

3 hours ago, Pla Simon said:

Hi Henryford.

I live on Cambo border, outside Surin

Honda dealer in Amphur Sangkha - about 30km from me, offered me PCX 160 abs (Lambo grey) for 93,600 - OTR.

ADV 160 (pearl bosporus blue) for 98,600 OTR.

Cash price, without negotiating.

Both are sat on forecourt.

The dealer saw me and almost tripped over, running with a wai, seemed ready to rip my arm off.

30km the otherway, Honda Kap Choeng is selling ADV (pearl bosporus blue) for 109,900 - OTR - slightly negotiable for cash.

Surin city - Big Honda dealer - ADV 160 (pearl bosporus blue) 99,900, but extra for tax and registration.

All dealers were very quiet when I popped in.

Supply and demand.

Good you told where you buy.

There is a 160 click abs-variant btw. Only 125 Honda never have abs. Only dual channel is nmax, but only front abs is ok from what the "internet experts" say.

Edited by thailandsgreat

3 hours ago, dddave said:

I rent my motorbike.  Went from a Click with no top-box to a Fino with a medium sized box, about 36 Liter.  I felt no difference in handling while maneuvering in tight spaces nor did I feel any change in stability.

When the box is stuffed after a Makro run, the bike doesn't feel particularly top heavy though I know it is.   Top box really made things so much easier for me, especially in situations like grocery shopping.  Not having overloaded bags hanging between my legs while negotiating Jomtien's unpredictable roadways is so much less distracting. 

31 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've just fitted a 45L top box to my Click 160, no difference in maneuvering, I'm liking the extra space

Good to know. It is probably  not a problem.

What I was mostly concerned about is if the box becomes as wide or wider than the mirrors. The mirrors you can see and slowly maneuver  between car mirrors. One must just be extra careful in jammed traffic with a large box behind.

Can also advice any bikers to be careful with the "no left turn at red light" sign. The strict but friendly men in  brown educated me about it today and let me off the hook. I must do better here.

I honestly didnt know about it even though I passed the grueling exam for Thai motorbike license.

My attitude to Thai traffic  police improved even more today.

Edited by thailandsgreat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

Good you told where you buy.

There is a 160 click abs-variant btw. Only 125 Honda never have abs. Only dual channel is nmax, but only front abs is ok from what the "internet experts" say.

Yes - I cannot find the Click 160 abs for love nor money - all the dealers I've asked said they cannot get it - supply constraints, I've been told.

I did see a white one in my local dealer a few Months back, but at around 30k cheaper than ADV and PCX they don't hang around for long.

Maybe next Year ?

I've had a combi brake Click for Years - the first iteration - never dropped it myself, but just fancy an upgrade, as although runs well, she's looking old and tired now - to be relegated to farm runs.

The newer versions seem night and day quality / build wise.

I read that advice but never got so far out. Further from city is probably better. I also bought outside Patts.

So they are not Mityon? How much do they charge for a 160 abs pcx 2023?

Not Mityon who has a monopoly on Pattaya and can rely on lazy falang not searching further out. No idea about PCX but Click was list price

Good to know. It is probably  not a problem.

What I was mostly concerned about is if the box becomes as wide or wider than the mirrors. The mirrors you can see and slowly maneuver  between car mirrors. One must just be extra careful in jammed traffic with a large box behind.

Can also advice any bikers to be careful with the "no left turn at red light" sign. The strict but friendly men in  brown educated me about it today and let me off the hook. I must do better here.

I honestly didnt know about it even though I passed the grueling exam for Thai motorbike license.

My attitude to Thai traffic  police improved even more today.

The 45L box no problem for mirrors, even 50+ box would be ok.

Miracle boys in brown let you off with no fee for turning left. They only wait on select left turns, classic one is 2nd road into Klang, never let anyone off

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Miracle boys in brown let you off with no fee for turning left. They only wait on select left turns, classic one is 2nd road into Klang, never let anyone off

The 45 l boxes I have seen would definitely need consideration if you trickle through a traffic jam. Just because your mirrors will pass, the box may not, also laying down the bike slightly. I would have to drive more like a car. But most boxes can be removed by the press of a button.

They put crash bars on my PCX today. That will hopefully reduce damage, at a fall in very low speed,  practicing maneuvers.

Edited by thailandsgreat

2 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

The 45 l boxes I have seen would definitely need consideration if you trickle through a traffic jam. Just because your mirrors will pass, the box may not, also laying down the bike slightly. I would have to drive more like a car. But most boxes can be removed by the press of a button.

They put crash bars on my PCX today. That will hopefully reduce damage, at a fall in very low speed,  practicing maneuvers.

You're thinking too much, the 45L box is zero problem, i ride the same, it's about 5-10cm further out the back which is nothing

24 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You're thinking too much, the 45L box is zero problem, i ride the same, it's about 5-10cm further out the back which is nothing

You may have been riding in Thailand so long that you trust the same instincts, Buddha amulets and flower garlands as the Thai do. They just feel what will work in traffic and what not, and that works. I have to try to think myself through this.

Edited by thailandsgreat

Maybe the certificate of residence is a hitch. It may only allow us to buy bike within the high spending zone of Pattaya and only a little beyond. And I was on rental bikes when I shopped around. The rentals contracts often limit your movements to 60 k.

The Click is a good bike but the gas tank encroaches on storage. If I bought 125cc I would look att Filano (which Thai seem to like) or Lead (37 liter storage!), both with step through

Edited by thailandsgreat

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I have been done twice on the 3rd road left into Pattaya Tai. But every Thai seems to turn left with impunity.

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

42 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I have been done twice on the 3rd road left into Pattaya Tai. But every Thai seems to turn left with impunity.

There wasn't much I could say to the officers since I wasn't even aware of the existence of such signs. They were ok.

Waiting is ok. I just hope I will not block traffic from behind that doesn't follow the rule.

The signs look different in different  crossings.

https://snipboard.io/cmMfE7.jpg

https://snipboard.io/bO8epV.jpg

Worse can happen. In Georgia, during Covid, I was walking alone in an empty street when a police car ran up, blocked my way and booked me for not wearing face mask. But friendly officers.

Edited by thailandsgreat

• 3 months later...

I passed Robinson in Bo Win and took the chance to ask prices at Asia City Motors. The 2023 PCX 160 abs are around B. 126.000, including 2 yr theft and 1 yr accident insurance. You only save 2.000 if you cut out the insurance.

Edited by thailandsgreat
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...