Chang

Kwasaki

I bought a can of this a week or so ago and wasn't impressed.

I do like to try new things, variety is the spice of life and all that, but beer Chang Espresso was a step to far.

For me, the coffee taste completely over powered the  beer so much so that it was like drinking alcohol coffee!

Not for me but I'm sure others will like it....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Beer is Beer, Coffee is Coffee. Never the twain shall meet. 

Jameson the famous Irish distillers of fine Whiskey I believe make a brand with coffee flavouring...

[spit] 

If I want coffee in my tipple let me do it... keep it out the bottle.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Beer is Beer, Coffee is Coffee. Never the twain shall meet. 

Why not?, Irish coffee has been around for long enough.

I first came across Expresso in CM about this time last year, quite like it, reminds me of the days when you could get a pint of mild for 1s 6d. Always have a couple of cans in the fridge.

Expresso comes as is and if not to your taste you don't have to buy it. What I find a bit strange is people buying a perfectly good drink and then 'doctoring' it. Although I have to admit we used to 'doctor' the mild with brown ale, landlords had a bit of a job judging half a pint and invariably you got a bit more.

Trust the Thais to be inventive - the drink to give you a hangover, and the cure all in one can. Brilliant.

It would probably make me want to throw up. Someone I know has shown me a picture of a passion fruit beer too. Made for the Thai sweet tooth I suppose. It too would probably make me want to throw up.

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Trust the Thais to be inventive - the drink to give you a hangover, and the cure all in one can. Brilliant.

It would probably make me want to throw up. Someone I know has shown me a picture of a passion fruit beer too. Made for the Thai sweet tooth I suppose. It too would probably make me want to throw up.

Reckon they think it makes them drive or ride faster and better.

TIT.

19 hours ago, sandyf said:

Why not?, Irish coffee has been around for long enough.

I first came across Expresso in CM about this time last year, quite like it, reminds me of the days when you could get a pint of mild for 1s 6d. Always have a couple of cans in the fridge.

Expresso comes as is and if not to your taste you don't have to buy it. What I find a bit strange is people buying a perfectly good drink and then 'doctoring' it. Although I have to admit we used to 'doctor' the mild with brown ale, landlords had a bit of a job judging half a pint and invariably you got a bit more.

Spirits in coffee is long established. In beer? Not for me. A shot glass of port dropped in a pint of Guinness (Any Port in a Storm) is great though. 

20 hours ago, Speedhump said:

Spirits in coffee is long established. In beer? Not for me. A shot glass of port dropped in a pint of Guinness (Any Port in a Storm) is great though. 

When it comes to taste it is each to their own.

Beer has been flavoured to suit the palate for generations, how "mild" and "bitter" beers came about.

"Once Britain’s most popular beer style, mild ale, as it developed in the 20th century, was a low-strength (around 3%), very-lightly hopped beer, that became a staple thirst-quencher for miners, factory workers and anyone keen to sink eight pints and still get up for their shift the next morning. Available in light and dark versions – alternatives to best bitter and stout – milds were sweeter, maltier beers. Flavours – such as the chocolate or liquorice notes from roasted grains in a dark mild, or the bittering hops in a light – were deliberately dialled-down to an innocuous level. Even its most misty-eyed fans admit that this was a beer designed to be undemanding, easy drinking.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2015/may/08/craft-beer-mild-robinsons-campaign-for-real-ale-camra

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

When it comes to taste it is each to their own.

Beer has been flavoured to suit the palate for generations, how "mild" and "bitter" beers came about.

"Once Britain’s most popular beer style, mild ale, as it developed in the 20th century, was a low-strength (around 3%), very-lightly hopped beer, that became a staple thirst-quencher for miners, factory workers and anyone keen to sink eight pints and still get up for their shift the next morning. Available in light and dark versions – alternatives to best bitter and stout – milds were sweeter, maltier beers. Flavours – such as the chocolate or liquorice notes from roasted grains in a dark mild, or the bittering hops in a light – were deliberately dialled-down to an innocuous level. Even its most misty-eyed fans admit that this was a beer designed to be undemanding, easy drinking.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2015/may/08/craft-beer-mild-robinsons-campaign-for-real-ale-camra

Barley, hops, malt, yeast, water. Any combination of these which makes a tasty bitter, stout, mild, stock ale, lager and so on. And there's no need to even state that we're just talking personal preferences....