Do you need a printed copy of your pre-departure PCR test on arrival at Suvarnabhumi?

I arrived yesterday afternoon. The documents asked for at SVB were passport, boarding pass, Thailand Pass and PCR test. I had paper copies but some other people only had e-copies. 

Really quick process. From leaving the aircraft to getting in hotel car was about 25 minutes.

Qatar flights from both UK and Doha were full (Economy). Check in at LHR took two hours ... docs required there were passport, Thailand Pass, negative PCR test, Hotel Booking, Insurance. Again, you can use e-copies (I forgot to print the insurance letter). 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Badger18 said:

Thai pass approval says you can show the QR code on a mobile but nothing about the test result. Will they accept that on a phone?

Not a problem. The airline staff and security staff in transit are quite happy with a digital version, particularly in Thailand, more used to a mobile than the Europeans.

I went through Frankfurt on way to UK and many were having their PLF(Passenger Locator Form) rejected at the gate, they had to go online and amend the PLF then show it again to the security staff. A bit of a problem for those without roaming.

Printed docs are however a bit quicker, I had most printed except the PLF and test results due to the short interval prior to flight.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Best to have a hard copy of your Thailand Pass and your covid 19 test rather than risking the airline or when you arrive here not accepting it.

There is more chance of a paper test result being rejected than a digital version, but then you would have to have had a test to appreciate the difference.

1 hour ago, hidbehindthesofa said:

I have recently passed through LHR and BKK with paper copies of everything.  My passage was smoother and quicker than a lot of people who only had digital copies on their mobile phones !

I agree,

And on my return to Thailand it was those fumbling about with mobile phones, and much to their chagrin at the initial check before immigration that were responsible for the hold ups, this was very annoying to the people checking the forms!

Edited by Scouse123

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

There is more chance of a paper test result being rejected than a digital version, but then you would have to have had a test to appreciate the difference.

I never saw that happen once to people with paper copies who were far faster through the check in than those messing about and waiting right up until they got to the checkpoint to decide to look through and around their mobile phones. It was frustrating for those behind.

I had BOTH at the ready and the paper forms were appreciated and quicker. And I took 3 tests.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I was just making a general suggestion. I think my advice is viable.

What would happen if your phone died?

And it is a valid point that you make.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

Sure you can provide either,but which do you think will be faster with better chance of approval?

When I left Thailand in May, I only had a phone copy of my PCR test and, boy, did they struggle with that at the check-in counter.  Lady had to call over another lady and they debated it for a few minutes before deciding I was OK.

I think I'll go paper on everything for my re-entry next week.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

In addition to Joes excellent advise to print out everything, I would not recommend to let other people touch my mobile phone which 5 mins later I will place close to my lips and touch with my fingers.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sandyf said:

I went through Frankfurt on way to UK and many were having their PLF(Passenger Locator Form) rejected at the gate, they had to go online and amend the PLF then show it again to the security staff.

Please excuse my ignorance, but I’m not familiar with a PLF. Is that a form specific to Europe?

8 hours ago, donx said:

Please excuse my ignorance, but I’m not familiar with a PLF. Is that a form specific to Europe?

It is specific to the UK. It must be completed less than 48 hours before departure and one of the questions is a/c seat number, which caught a few out.

On 12/2/2021 at 10:07 AM, ubonjoe said:

The OP asked if a paper copy was needed, the answer is No.

Hardly a general suggestion. To imply that a paper copy would be accepted over what was on a phone is quite wrong.

"Best to have a hard copy of your Thailand Pass and your covid 19 test rather than risking the airline or when you arrive here not accepting it."

As for some form of backup, it is each to their own, "What would happen if" is endless.

On 12/2/2021 at 11:44 AM, Scouse123 said:

I never saw that happen once to people with paper copies who were far faster through the check in than those messing about and waiting right up until they got to the checkpoint to decide to look through and around their mobile phones. It was frustrating for those behind.

I had BOTH at the ready and the paper forms were appreciated and quicker. And I took 3 tests.

I have never been a lover of smartphones and totally agree on your point about speed, but the OP asked if it was "needed". I used a combination due to time constraints but had the docs in a folder on the phone that could be accessed quickly.

You have to bear in mind documents are quite easily dropped, disorganised people will always be there, I have had people at checkin rummaging in carry on baggage for their passport.

On my recent return trip to the UK I had 6 PCR tests, one Lamp test and several Antigen tests. On more than one occasion I was quizzed without warning on PCR results and vaccination status, the smartphone turned out to be a godsend.

On 12/1/2021 at 2:52 PM, Badger18 said:

Yeah, good advice. Trouble is I'm a long and expensive taxi ride from the nearest print shop - or so I thought - neighbour knew of a closer one so problem solved.

If here a long time a cheapo printer may be viable, as I have to provide same 146 pages every renewal I got one of those add on black ink reservoirs to a cheapo Canon printer , while more expensive than print shop 0.50 satang per b+w page A4 it saves a lot of leg work.

I've lived and worked in dozens of nations only LOS requires a tree branch full of paperwork several times a year , it is what is .Really cheap printers on Shoppee Lazada or Panthip under $50 the real costs is the ink!!

I used to moan I now just do 10 baht 20 copies of all dox

So many times teh slime ask for one more copy...a tea money opp, they have almost given up on me as I open my dossier with dozens of copies of everything including their meaning less TM 6 7 30 etc.

The bigger picture low grade mugging by amateurs, show them a stern resolution and sheaves of cheap copies, it's your cheap free to use  Glock, take no prisoners teh local farangs who pay bungs have to do so year after after year