Pattaya Immigration office rammedHundreds of people queuing outside today

The Hammer2021

Did those  90 day address reporting had stil their separate " lounge " on the right  with sitting in a ventilators breeze and collected  passports  and bring out later by immigration helpers ? 

That's not so bad arranged ????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Weird, as this time last year I remember that it was fairly quiet in Immigration. Has a vast number of expats returned here recently, or what?

Seemed to be a lot of 'farang' and others hanging about Pattaya at the  weekend.

9 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Weird, as this time last year I remember that it was fairly quiet in Immigration. Has a vast number of expats returned here recently, or what?

Maybe many using now the " forever covid extensions " instead of normal visas/ext. ?

36 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes there was a separate dedicated area for 90 day stuff bit most people were here on other business apparently. I noticed for the first time there is a snack bar there with cold beer.  Great arrangement.!

Good to have confirmation i can do my 90days in januari the easy way ..... Thanks 

On 12/13/2021 at 12:22 PM, Doctor Tom said:

Then knowing that, I wonder why people go on a Monday after a holiday. It seems pretty easy just to avoid the obviously busy times, unless they just don't care about queuing in the sun. 

Probably because many, just like me last Tuesday after the Monday holiday, had procrastinated and were down to their last day of grace for visa, 90 day, whatever.

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

Yes. I see the improvement each day since I came back three weeks ago. Many shops that were closed are opening now, the restaurants have more foreign customers day by day.

That's what I expected and contradicts the "no one will come"-chants here.

I don't think the situation at Jomtien office will improve in the coming months. Many who came on Visa exempt or a non-o will have to apply for their extensions then.

When it's my turn for the 1-year in mid January, I'll use an agent - first time ever.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Yes. I see the improvement each day since I came back three weeks ago. Many shops that were closed are opening now, the restaurants have more foreign customers day by day.

That's what I expected and contradicts the "no one will come"-chants here.

Oh please, a 3% recovery and you want to claim the reopening has been a success? Yeah there are some people left and right, so some businesses reopen, a tiny fraction of what it used to be as well most their revenues (aside of debts from 1.5 year needing to be paid back).

The only reason there is a tiny bit of action at immigration now is because many are still here on the covid extensions etc. That actually means they are not even part of the reopening but people who already were here all the time.

It's like going to drink in soi 7, bkk now and claim it is very busy, ignoring the fact that all other main areas are still ghost streets and plaza's.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes there was a separate dedicated area for 90 day stuff bit most people were here on other business apparently. I noticed for the first time there is a snack bar there with cold beer.  Great arrangement.!

Thanks this is v useful. I am going for my 90 day on Thursday. Does this mean 90 day people don't join the main queue but go to this separate area?

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Oh please, a 3% recovery....

What did you expect? A recovery to pre Covid in 12 hours time?

Be realistic: It will take long time -if ever- until we get back the Chinese tour buses, the Indian hords and the thousands of tattooed western 2-week-millionaires that alltogether provide not very much to the local business except beer bars (farang), cheap hotels and tour agencies (Chinese, Indians)..

I hope it lasts long because I do not  miss them at all.

I don't understand why so many here like to believe, even hope, Pattaya and Thailand will suffer forever. Where does all the hate come from?

But anyway, keep on dreaming.

The only reason there is a tiny bit of action at immigration

LoL. Have a look at the posted photos. If you did already, visit an ophthalmologist.

Edited by JustAnotherHun

13 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes I have seen some foreigners here over the last few years. Perhaps they are on holiday or live here.

Observant of you too! But I specified 'at the weekend', meaning the one just passed. Are you bored?

13 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Mine turned up by chance. She left my paperwork in the office  drove me home and returned the passport the next day saving me several hours queuing and a return visit. 500 hundred well spent!

You got a better deal than me.

On 12/13/2021 at 7:20 AM, david555 said:

Are you sure agents can go straight inside now  in immigration  their Omicron fear time ?..... might be ...????

But now an opportunity  for agents to charge extra for  "que Omicron danger time".... ????????

Ofc. Some of the cash goes to the inside of immigration

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Harry2 said:

Thanks this is v useful. I am going for my 90 day on Thursday. Does this mean 90 day people don't join the main queue but go to this separate area?

Correct. There is a seating area off to the right for 90-day. But if you go any other day and not in the early morning, but rather 30 minutes before lunch break at 11:30 or about 30 minutes before closing, there is always far fewer people. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 1:23 PM, KhunLA said:

Choose your home province wisely.  Hua Hin, PKK is bad enough, though only couple hours on bad day for extending.

Still won't use an agent, charging something like 10k and up, depending on what you do or don't have.

I can sit there for $100-300 USD an hour and UP.  Save all my internet reading till I get there, passes the time quick enough.

My record, not Pattaya, 24 seconds. Longest 12 minutes. ????????????????????????????????