Pizza in Pattaya

JustAnotherHun

15 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

They have menus, take a look for yourself.

I don't talk about value and size when it comes to pizza in Thailand.

lol - kind of defeats the intent of forum recommendations

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not cheap.

value is not about cheap. but I don't need to explain that to you.

wanted: good pizza that makes one full with a honest price based on what the pizza actually costs to make, not based on the perception of how fat the customers' wallets are.

of course, places that are specialized in making pizza to order will have a price advantage.

Edited by tgw

Since Pizza Art closed I really don't have a local pizza that does it all for me.

But for the moment I'm into Frankies because of the crust style.

Its been awhile but I recall La Boca's crust is thin and crisp. Not my favorite style but many people like it.

6 minutes ago, tgw said:

lol - kind of defeats the intent of forum recommendations

value is not about cheap. but I don't need to explain that to you.

wanted: good pizza that makes one full with a honest price based on what the pizza actually costs to make, not based on the perception of how fat the customers' wallets are.

of course, places that are specialized in making pizza to order will have a price advantage.

A lot of words for nothing.

Value to you and I are likely not the same.

Just a 120 gram pack of cold cuts(Proscuitto crudo, coppa, napoli salami) in Big C cost 420 baht. Enough for two pizza for me. Marinated artichokes, marinated mixed mushrooms...You either buy them or make them yourself. How much of a cost to put on that?

So please; I don't know your standard. You live in Jomtien, go to take a look for yourself.

Don't try to lecture me about the intent of discussion forums.

If you don't care about quality, then eat...lesser quality.

On 12/17/2021 at 6:36 AM, LarrySR said:

Frankies Inn on Jomtien 2nd Rd. has been my favorite pizza recently and a real nice selection of bruschetta and breads. 

Lots of Italian dishes you just won't see anywhere else too.

Menu:

https://www.facebook.com/frankiespattaya/menu/

Yes I agree. They do good Gnocchi too. Another nice little Italian is Marcos near Frazers on Thaprayya..

21 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

A lot of words for nothing.

Value to you and I are likely not the same.

Just a 120 gram pack of cold cuts(Proscuitto crudo, coppa, napoli salami) in Big C cost 420 baht. Enough for two pizza for me. Marinated artichokes, marinated mixed mushrooms...You either buy them or make them yourself. How much of a cost to put on that?

So please; I don't know your standard. You live in Jomtien, go to take a look for yourself.

Don't try to lecture me about the intent of discussion forums.

If you don't care about quality, then eat...lesser quality.

Do you supply pizzas to the public? Where is your shop?

On 12/18/2021 at 9:06 PM, Jingthing said:

Did you request that style crust?

I just had a pie from there and the crust wasn't like that. Good for me as I don't like thin crisp crust. This crust was more like Napoli style, some chewy in the texture, good flavor, a good level of char. Not as good as the closed Pizza Art was, but now my favorite crust in town.

I did not request that style. It appeared thin and crispy ish to me compared to thick, damp and doughy. It also looked like wholemeal or brown crust rather than white flour. However, Pizzas are not my area of expertise and I rarely eat them as I regard them as 'slob food' but the one I tried at Frankies was so good and superior to most other pizzas I've tried I thought it was worth a mention. As I mentioned I thought the Grottino pizza was good but I am not an expert.

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I did not request that style. It appeared thin and crispy ish to me compared to thick, damp and doughy. It also looked like wholemeal or brown crust rather than white flour. However, Pizzas are not my area of expertise and I rarely eat them as I regard them as 'slob food' but the one I tried at Frankies was so good and superior to most other pizzas I've tried I thought it was worth a mention. As I mentioned I thought the Grottino pizza was good but I am not an expert.

That's surprising.

My crust with no special request was definitely not thin and crispy.

Maybe it depends on which specific pizza you order and or the chef du jour. I had the spicy salami.

I will mention that I had tried their pizza multiple times years ago after they first opened. I eventually decided that I didn't like their pizza very much.

But my recent Frankie's pizza seemed better than back then

So not sure what to expect from them.

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's surprising.

My crust with no special request was definitely not thin and crispy.

Maybe it depends on which specific pizza you order and or the chef du jour. I had the spicy salami.

I will mention that I had tried their pizza multiple times years ago after they first opened. I eventually decided that I didn't like their pizza very much.

But my recent Frankie's pizza seemed better than back then

So not sure what to expect from them.

A couple of months after they opened, I had a couple of pizzas there too and same as you, wasn't impressed.

The crust was too dry, too wide - about 2 to 3 inches of large, slightly blackened dough bubbles - and not enough toppings.

Might give them another try though, maybe they have improved greatly.

Edited by tgw

27 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Do you supply pizzas to the public? Where is your shop?

If I did, I would not be purchasing 120 gram packs of cold cuts ????

I just make sure that they make the pizza the way that I like it. Grottino do that for me, so I have pizza there.

There were others happy to customise; but I haven't got around to them.

56 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

If I did, I would not be purchasing 120 gram packs of cold cuts ????

I just make sure that they make the pizza the way that I like it. Grottino do that for me, so I have pizza there.

There were others happy to customise; but I haven't got around to them.

Happy  Christmas