Thailand’s redundant entertainers to receive 5,000-baht social security payment

webfact

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivXYl7Quy4KfMC5S3ipWESGofnqmuWdM3hNohdF.jpg

The Social Security Office of Thailand (SSO) has agreed to provide a one-time 5,000 baht support payment to nightlife entertainers, including musicians, comedians and other performers, who have been left without work since last year by restrictions imposed to contain the COVID-19 pandemic.

The agreement, which will be considered by the cabinet at its meeting on December 21st, was reached at a meeting today between representatives of the night entertainers and SSO officials.

SSO Secretary-General Boonsong Tapchaiyuth said after the meeting that the 5,000 baht per head will be a single payment for the affected entertainers and he expects the money to be wired to some recipients’ Prompt Pay accounts on December 29th if approved.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-redundant-entertainers-to-receive-a-5000-baht-social-security-payment/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

PATHETIC! Real people getting the shaft. Thailand is not a third world country, with billions worth of foreign currency reserves and a huge amount of gold etc. Guess the mouth breathing bottom feeders are too busy at the trough to let the poor minions get a bite. Makes me puke!

Might be reminded as to who controls all of that wealth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Meanwhile the cabinet take their full salaries, benefits legal and questionable.

I hope the entertainers do spend it all at once

What an insult.

Mistype: I hope they do NOT spend it all at one

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Most bars/clubs closed since March and they give 5,000 one-off payment.

Yet were willing to fork-out how much for Lisa and Andrea to sing in their place?

That was one guy from the Tourist association who made that suggestion of bringing Lisa and Andrea to Thailand for the New Year .

The suggestion was rejected by the Thai Government 

• Haha 1

I presume all the talented girls singing in the karaokes will be happy for little support...:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Most bars/clubs closed since March and they give 5,000 one-off payment.

Yet were willing to fork-out how much for Lisa and Andrea to sing in their place?

A major minus in that plan was that they forgot to ask if the star artists were available at all, before going public with the idea - perhaps that's why they now have 5,000 in excess for local performers...:whistling:

Anyway, even 5,000 baht can help a lot when you are short of income, and might be a welcomed help...????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Meanwhile the cabinet take their full salaries, benefits legal and questionable.

I hope the entertainers do spend it all at once

What an insult.

Of course those with government jobs take their full salaries. 

They are lucky they get this 5k, which is enough to live on for a couple of months. 

Have they never heard of busking?

6 hours ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Meh... When I think back to the days every hotel bar and club has a talented Filipino act, (now all gone thanks to some kind of work permit crackdown years ago), it brings into sharp focus how talentLESS most of these Thai acts are. I guess they're OK if your only requirement is some lousy Thai pop, or a massacred version of Hoten Cannifonnia.

Spent a few hours Wednesday evening with two Thai lasses that would be classified in the OP as "other performers".

they both had exceptional talent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That was one guy from the Tourist association who made that suggestion of bringing Lisa and Andrea to Thailand for the New Year .

The suggestion was rejected by the Thai Government 

No it wasn't; it was rejected by Lisa's management team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1