AZ to be main vaccine for unvaccinated, Pfizer used as booster for those with two AZ jabs

webfact

There not going to have enough vaccines again.

The 30 million Pfizer vaccines they've purchased will have to be used as boosters.

Sinovac, in a recent study is inadequate against Omicron.

"Sinovac shot offers inadequate shield from Omicron variant, says HK study"

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/sinovac-shot-offers-inadequate-shield-from-covid-19-variant-omicron-says-hk-study

• Sad 1

Who can we believe:

There will be no immediate change to Australia’s booster program, after the nation’s chief vaccine advisers acknowledged that the situation was “evolving rapidly”, but recommended that the gap between the second and third doses of COVID-19 vaccine should not be reduced. (5 months at this time)

The decision came as a new Victorian government report warns that vaccines alone will not be enough to contain variants of the virus, saying that “available treatments are only partially effective in mitigating serious illness or death”.

39 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

There not going to have enough vaccines again.

The 30 million Pfizer vaccines they've purchased will have to be used as boosters.

Sinovac, in a recent study is inadequate against Omicron.

"Sinovac shot offers inadequate shield from Omicron variant, says HK study"

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/sinovac-shot-offers-inadequate-shield-from-covid-19-variant-omicron-says-hk-study

Sydney Morning Herald:

Mounting evidence is suggesting that two doses of the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines are not enough to provide adequate protection against infection from, or mild disease caused by the Omicron variant

30 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Phayathai2 Int'l Hospital where I received two AZ jabs told me on the phone they're not doing vaccination anymore.

I don't want Pfizer. Want to stick with AZ due to autoimmune conditions.

Of course, I want a third dose but doc recommends not mRNA.

Any ideas?

Check out Fadhion Island/Asiatique. They have a location behind Swenson between the parking lot and the entrance to where the ferris wheel is. 

You can sign up through your phone provider. I don't have the links for any of them but True.

Vaccine.trueid.net/cvvs/web/registration

They are doing AZ for the 3rd booster.

Edited by ThailandRyan

12 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

Just to clarify, are the Pfizer jabs free of charge?

Mine was. All service was provided by the local government hospital.

22 minutes ago, Drew3223 said:

Anyone know how the yellow book is meant to be updated when you get the booster?

It isn't updated.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Check out Fadhion Island/Asiatique. They have a location behind Swenson between the parking lot and the entrance to where the ferris wheel is. 

You can sign up through your phone provider. I don't have the links for any of them but True.

Vaccine.trueid.net/cvvs/web/registration

They are doing AZ for the 3rd booster.

Cool! Thx, Ryan.

So infections of the virus were 25 times higher in the UK than in Thailand. yesterday. I don't notice many posts about this. Thailand is being bashed all the time no one seems to bash the uk. It's leader also lost a safe seat for the first time in 200 years. Thailand  seems to be catching up on the vaccination too.  I I have no love for the government or hypocrisy for that matter

29 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Mine was. All service was provided by the local government hospital.

It isn't updated.

I don't know much about them I don't know anyone who has one. I have been in Thailand for 35 years and I can't think of a single instant it would be of any use except to get a pink ID.

1 minute ago, antony77 said:

I don't know much about them I don't know anyone who has one. I have been in Thailand for 35 years and I can't think of a single instant it would be of any use except to get a pink ID.

Think he means the Yellow Vaccine Passport book issued by some locations and MOPH.

4 minutes ago, antony77 said:

I think there is confusion here. I think the poster meant the Yellow Passport Book. Not the Yellow House Registration Book

17 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Other than the Yellow House Book I've never seen anyone with a Yellow Passport Book.

I had one issued to me in Hong Kong in the 1960's. It had details such as Yellow Fever, Smallpox, Rubella, Typhoid, Cholera etc.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Sydney Morning Herald:

Mounting evidence is suggesting that two doses of the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines are not enough to provide adequate protection against infection from, or mild disease caused by the Omicron variant

Hopefully get an mRNA booster.  

It's going to be a mess with the countries who used Sinovac and Sinopharm.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/chinese-vaccine-sinovac-biotech-among-worlds-most-used-flops-vs-omicron-study-2652187

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Sydney Morning Herald:

This says a lot really. Protection against infection from or mild disease. What isn't mentioned is asymptomatic which is looking like 1/2 the infections. Masks down and let Omicron run is probably the best thing to do. It has basically wiped out Delta in South Africa with very little human cost.

7 hours ago, tingtong said:

As usual, somewhat confusing infos.

Mid of nowhere isaan, wife got first AZ, was told for 2nd shot Pfeizer.. but instead got Moderna.

Funny enough, cos that stuff was not long ago supposedly for hard cash only, then for booster after SinoVac....now looks given as 2nd shot for those last in line countryside.

My 3rd shot isn't due until February, but not sure if really much in rush, if supposedly a new omicron resistant vaccine in the making...and good old first gen vaccines aren't much a protection against that.

My wife who is 75 given AstraZeneca on 17 Nov and card said Pfizer on 15 Dec.  She got Moderna instead.  We live near Pran Buri, a few miles south of Hua Hin so Prachuabkhirikhan Province.

Terry

Ruk-Long Colvin_MOPH_AstraZeneca 17 Nov and Pfizer 15 Dec 2021(3).pdf

• Like 1

12 hours ago, perconrad said:

I got 2 AZ shots the 2. on 31. aug and yesterday I just went to the local vaccine place and got a Pfizer booster without appointment.

I showed my pink ID card and the vaccine certificate in Morphrom.

I live in Kantharalak, Sisaket.

My 2nd AZ was 26th Oct, I'll wait until end of January then see what's going on near me.

13 hours ago, connda said:

It's a waiting game.  The facts will rise to the surface over time.  Eventually.
In the meanwhile? 

It's Post-Covid Traumatic Stress Syndrome or Climate Change that is causing a new phenomenon.  Athletes collapsing of heart problems.

Da*m medical journal lies. 
https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/circ.144.suppl_1.10712

"Correlation isn't causation!!!"
Ok.  Tell that to the now retired footballers in their 30s who have had heart issue on the field.
"There's no proof it's heart issues!"
Well, other the grasping chests and problems breathing. 
It's 'bad air' and heredity.  And they eat too much fat!"
Of course it is.  Silly.

Please don't post misinformation.  Even the publisher later issued an “expression of concern” about the abstract “until a suitable correction can be published.” 

People who have had Covid-19 have a 3 times greater chance of having a heart attack in the first two weeks after falling ill. The study also identified COVID-19 as a possible risk factor for ischemic stroke.

After its publication, AHA was notified about “potential errors” in the abstract, and on Nov. 24, the journal stated it “may not reliable.”

Although Covid is generally considered to be a respiratory disease, it is also a vascular disease and multiple organs including the heart are effected by infection with Covid.  

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I picked mine up in November here in Nonthaburi.  Used in once already when I flew to Udon Thani.

Any idea if the Yellow Vaccine Passport book from MOPH would be updated by hand writing like the first 2 jabs, after a booster jab ? there's 2 extra pages in the booklet for more vaccine info..... I'll find out on the 28th when I bring it along..

Edited by CANSIAM

2 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Any idea if the Yellow Vaccine Passport book from MOPH would be updated by hand writing like the first 2 jabs, after a booster jab ? there's 2 extra pages in the booklet for more vaccine info..... I'll find out on the 28th when I bring it along..

Let us know how you get on.  I was told this morning at MedPark I need to wait until notified as there has been no actual confirmation for the boosters to be given at 3 months except for those who had Sinovac, or Sinovac and AZ.

• Like 1