Thailand may cancel Test & Go due to Omicron: Anutin

webfact

Should it be a surprise that the suggestion would come up!  Whenever they say they got it under control after the first case arrived no matter how optimistic and want to believe the statement if the person was a betting person you got to bet the opposite.

Then just Friday, " Omicron no match for the Government "  ????  tomorrow it is lock down, no alcohol, , everything closes back to square one! 

Well I’ve jumped through enough hoops trying to get to Thailand now, my flight was cancelled twice back in 2020 so I was using that cancelled flight extension to fly to Thailand with Thai airways on the 14th January 2022, but as I now live in france I wanted to fly from Paris CDG but thai airways said “ no, your original ticket was from LHR so you must fly from LHR or pay more money “ so I have had to book flights with KLM from Nantes to schipol and schipol to LHR! Then there would be hotel costs in London Heathrow plus. PCR test required to enter the Uk plus a day 2 PCR test in the UK then a RT-PCR test no more than 72 hours before my flight to Thailand departs, all these added costs mount up the KLM flights were 139€ three nights in a hotel in Heathrow is £130 (premier inn) and the three PCR tests would cost £150-180 then upon arrival in Thailand a one night stay in the test and go hotel is 5,000 baht. Fortunately for me I hadn’t booked and paid for anything other than the KLM flights which I’m certain they will let me change the dates on, I had paid for my insurance for Thailand pass, this is with Axa so I’m hoping they will let me change the dates for that or refund me….so that’s the sort of stress people are putting themselves through to get back to family and loved ones in Thailand, I’m peed off about it all but at the same time I understand why Thailand would do it they have to protect their own people especially the elderly who if they caught the virus it would be a death sentence for them, France and Germany have both shut their borders to the Uk giving 24 hours notice to travellers, I think it’s a lot more to do with brexit to be honest…so I understand if Thailand gets rid of the 1 day test and go scheme, unfortunately I won’t travel to Thailand if I have to self isolate in an overpriced ASQ hotel and run the risk that during that quarantine I test positive and end up in a hospital being charged a fortune for the pleasure..

• Like 1

Should it be a surprise that the suggestion would come up!  Whenever they say they got it under control after the first case arrived no matter how optimistic and want to believe the statement if the person was a betting person you got to bet the opposite.

Then just Friday, " Omicron no match for the Government "  ????  tomorrow it is lock down, no alcohol, , everything closes back to square one! 

4 minutes ago, essex boys said:

I’m peed off about it all but at the same time I understand why Thailand would do it they have to protect their own people especially the elderly who if they caught the virus it would be a death sentence for them,

Yes but Omicron will get in anyway - just as Delta did.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, khunpa said:

For what reason? Omicron spreads too fast and will infect us all anyway at some point. 

Restrictions are only delaying it and causing people more pain in other ways. 

Get your third or fourth booster and you'll be "Safe."  Only the Unvaccinated spread Covid.  They are mutation receptacles who create viruses that will make the vaccinated sick!!!  But get the vaccines and boosters and you'll be protected as the vaccines are "Effective!"  This is a "Pandemic of the Unvaccinated" and the "Vaccinated" are safe.  Well - unless you meet an "Unvaccinated" person or perhaps an "Vaccinated Breakthough Case" in which case, don't worry!  You'll don't be hospitalized or die.  Honest!

"You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations." "If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the ICU unit, and you’re not going to die."
Joe Biden - POTUS, July 2021 CNN town hall

The leader of the most powerful, indispensable nation in the world has given the world the 100% God's Honest Truth!  Vaccinated people are 100% safe. Why are you all worried!!!  Are you conspiracy theorists and don't trust the word of the POTUS? 
Trust Joe - Go party.

Edited by ArcticFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

It's already entered Thailand.

Quarantine will catch many cases, is it worth it - that's another question.

So community transmission will follow and given the UK's experience, it will spread like lighting. So any such new measures will do what? Give them a month? I don't think it is worth it - far better to suspend new Thailand Pass applications.

• Like 1

Yes, looks like someone wants to win an Election ? or even the Leadership !!!  .... No wars to start ? So just lock down the country again ??? ... ??? ...

... Yes, my Plans will be buggered again !!! .... But well, I just hope that they can give us the chance to extend our 1 day stay in AQ, into, just a bit more ! ? Say 7 days, if triple jabbed, like if you have had a booster shot, with in the last 5 months ??? ... Like technically cutting the chase, ... this IS the most positive way of trying to avoid Crashing the Hospital system I think ???

.. And like the guy who said that Tourism will be also buggered d/t the Uncertainty introduced, he was pretty much right on also ... The just total Uncertainty, is what is the real Killer when you get old, and realize that you ARE going to die some times !!! Right ???

And what are the statistics ? ... Not many Tourists ? ... and a LOT of Long stayers .. (Like me and some unfortunate others on this post) !!! coming back to their Families !!!  ... So well, they probably are seeing this, so are just turning the handle again !!! .... In search of that elusive ... Golden "Sophisticated Traveler" ... (Who spends a REAL LOT of money !!! Right ???) ...

... Well I will come any way, ...  if I still can, ...  and just do the extra Quetenite. ... I am going to go Stire Crazy if I stay here in Gods Own Waiting room (SA) in Australia, much longer !!! ... Wish me Luck. ... And good luck to the rest of you also. ...

• Like 1

I cann't understand how this nut can speak about cancel any test, Omicron is spread with a factor 65 and is currently the most contagious disease in Europe, and people are catching Corona and the Omicron variant despite they have 2 jabs, but at this time  only the 3. jab, booster, can prevent people from beeing very ill and ultimately die, What does Anutin know as other not know, I certanily do not trust this guy, and God help us, if he becomes the next PM as he said in Sanok yesterday

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

So community transmission will follow and given the UK's experience, it will spread like lighting. So any such new measures will do what? Give them a month? I don't think it is worth it - far better to suspend new Thailand Pass applications.

I agree, i don't think it's worth it but no choice, there's no way to by-pass the requirements whatever they may be.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Begs the question why the mandatory PCR test less than 72 hours prior to departure is not picking this up.. That's a very small window in which to be infected after testing.

Because the tests are sub standard coming from impoverished countries, are they really certified to carry them out?, Many are making a nice living out of fleecing travellers, they should come up with a foolproof way to test at the airport, pcr is obviously flawed, if they can invent a vaccine why can't they invent a secure method of testing, a bit like putting special spectacles on and viewing people, when a haze of blue is seen then they are infected, don't laugh it's coming .

3 hours ago, xr399 said:

Each subsequent variant becomes weaker than the previous one, it may be more infectious, but the seriousness of the disease symptoms are diminished. Considering original had just over 1% death rate, yes I'd agree. Better to catch it and have lifetime immunity superior to any "vaccine" than risk the considerable  chance of one of the serious adverse reactions to the vaccine.

But when big pharma can make trillions from long term government contracts for vaccines, why would those in power want to give us any good news about Covid?

Much better to keep the people scared by only talking about infection rates, and ignoring the milder symptoms.  

I'm reluctantly getting my booster (3rd) jab tomorrow. I don't think I'll play along with this anymore though. 

• Like 1