African swine fever virus confirmed in imported Thailand sausages

webfact

2000x2667_0703660761907.jpg

Photo courtesy of the Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine

Taipei, Dec. 23 (CNA) Sausages contained in an intercepted package from Thailand have been confirmed to have been infected with the African swine fever (ASF) virus, the Central Emergency Operation Center (CEOC) for ASF revealed on Thursday.

The Cabinet-level Council of Agriculture's (COA) Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine (BAPHIQ), which oversees the CEOC, said that a package from Thailand was first flagged by a post office in Tainan on Dec. 15 after it was detected as containing sausages.

A lab test conducted on the package Dec. 17 revealed that the items had the ASF virus.

Full story: https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202112230027

ft.jpg

-- © Copyright FOCUS TAIWAN 2021-12-24

• Sad 2

Zap 'em with radiation, wash 'em with bleach. Mix with horse pills and any antimalarials you've got lying about and you're good to go. Problem solved.

Oh, and the swine fever virus doesn't really exist, of course, or it's all part of a demonic plan by the Chinese/WHO/Bill Gates/Democratic Party to dominate the world. 

The picture; does it say produced in Thailand on the package? I can not read the writing. Did it get manufactured in China and just 'flow thru' Thailand on its was to Taiwan?  I'd be surprised if China allows packages to go from mainland to Taiwan. China to Thailand to Taiwan is possible.

Edited by IAMHERE

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

The picture; does it say produced in Thailand on the package? I can not read the writing. Did it get manufactured in China and just 'flow thru' Thailand on its was to Taiwan?  I'd be surprised if China allows packages to go from mainland to Taiwan. China to Thailand to Taiwan is possible.

Given the packaging is all in Thai script, likely it was produced here.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Cook the sausages and the swine fever is gone.

ASF can survive for several months in fresh, frozen, cooked, partially cooked and processed pork products. 

African swine fever has no impact on human health. Humans cannot catch ASF from infected pigs nor can they contract the disease by eating meat from a pig infected with ASF.