Over 200 Omicron cases confirmed in Thailand, Kalasin -Udon Thani cluster of concern

webfact

19 minutes ago, TooMuchTime said:

So he has a cold and will survive like the vast majority of people.

Just get a few more boosters and maybe you will also have minor symptoms compared to everyone else also getting minor symptoms.

The problem is availability of boosters in Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

nothing to worry about (sarcasm intended)   DPM Anutin:  Thailand is able to handle Omicron variant   555

Good boy..ha-ha.China is lockdown another city today with 13 million people after 127 new cases.Anutin is the new messias.Just talked with my lady in korat..shes not surprised at all.

31 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Yes, I agree, but if Thailand shuts itself down every time there is a new variant the test and go will be open for about 2-3 month a year for the next 5 years or so. Once the full data is out then they should open with haste. 

The UK has reported 14 deaths 'with' omicron and 70% less hospitalisations with it. If the Uk continues to have 120,000 infections and day for the next month and only 140 deaths from all covid that would represent a 99.9% or something survival rate - i think that is an acceptable risk if that holds true especially as nearly all those dying are extreme in age , pre-existing condition or unvaccinated

I agree with pretty much all you say, with one exception. From what I read most of the current Uk omicron infections are in people under 40 years. So a caveat being used is that there’s a wait and see situation in terms of its effect on the elderly. Other than that, I’d say you are spot on.

i personally think omicron is a nothing burger that will blow itself out in a month. Just gut feel, nothing to back that up. But take all the vaccinations reducing hospital cases, milder symptoms reducing hospital cases, add in the “miracle” pills alleviating symptoms and reducing length of hospital stays  and really the biggest risk is lack of hospital staff due to their isolating due to having caught the virus. But that blows over pretty quickly.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There will be a bunch of unvaccinated people dying from Covid over the next few months.

I expect that you will post about being wrong here, since that would be the right thing to do.

But how big a bunch and why are they unvaccinated?

The first question will be better forecast  once further studies are done and maybe the rate of those deaths are at an acceptable level. As to the second question, if they choose not to be vaccinated, I have no sympathy for them at all. If they can’t be vaccinated due to medical reasons or lack of vaccine, then the former is a reason for them to take extra care, the latter a shame on politicians.

but I am moving toward the camp that vaccines and better treatments mean that any fear of Covid to the extent of lockdowns, is over done.

• Like 2