Grim worst case for Thailand next year if people lower their guard against COVID-19

snoop1130

I think that most Thais are used to wearing masks because of pollution, so it is not a big deal to wear a mask

to protect them from COVID. It is more likely to be some tourist or traveler from Europe or UK or such that

will be the ones who have their masks down at their mouths, or not on at all.

Thanks to Cake monster and Thailand Ryan for your explanations of COVID and masks.

You two make too much sense. Be careful. ha ha ha.

It is only the KN95 or N95 masks or similar designs that protect the wearer from COVID.

The cheap blue masks and a lot of other type only protect others from you and your breath.

That is why so many people still get COVID.  If you find that it is easy to breath with your cheap cloth or blue mask on, 

that is because of all the air gaps around the edges of the mask.

Next year is not looking that great for better conditions, at least the first half is likely to be more of what we

are presently experiencing. 

The brainwashing is exceptional.

Mask wearing = oxygen depravation & CO2 Poisoning, Bacterial Infection, Psychological Damage. 

In the warm moist environment of a mask, bacteria virus spores, thrive exceptionally well. Mask wearing spread disease and can make the wearer sick. 

• Haha 2

On 12/27/2021 at 4:58 PM, jerrymahoney said:

So --

Thailand BAD

Colombia GOOD

Thanks for the update.

You want tourists you make it simple, you don't want tourists you make it hard. Not very hard to understand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2021 at 8:39 AM, BKKBike09 said:

6 deaths per 100,000 for Covid even in the unvaccinated.

I took a look and the total of USA Covid deaths, so far is 2528/million on Worldometers, which is 252/100.000. How do you explain the number you put forth being so much lower.  

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I took a look and the total of USA Covid deaths, so far is 2528/million on Worldometers, which is 252/100.000. How do you explain the number you put forth being so much lower.  

I'm going by what CDC data says for the last few months.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status

I suspect it's a question of 250 being a figure for all deaths since start of pandemic vs how things are now.

Many more people were likely to die at the start because the virus was unknown, treatment options were more limited / less well understood, there were no vaccines etc. Nowadays there are much better treatment options, there are vaccines and, to be blunt, probably a fair number of people who would have died if they got Covid have already died.

It's misleading, I feel, to focus on death rates from earlier in the pandemic. However you cut it, the individual risk of dying from Covid can now be greatly reduced. Government should focus on real time death rates to inform policy. 

4 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

It's misleading, I feel, to focus on death rates from earlier in the pandemic. However you cut it, the individual risk of dying from Covid can now be greatly reduced. Government should focus on real time death rates to inform policy. 

Fine, but I was watching a bit of analysis on USA data only 1st thing this morning. Two items stood out in light of your post..... deaths in USA  were still considered high (a combination of there still being a lot of Delta there, and people who refused vaccinations). The other comment was something about incorrect CDC data. My same source gives USA Covid deaths in the last 7 days as 24/ mil population. That is 3x UK numbers, and daily deaths are still as high as they were in the first USA wave (April 2020).... so how is that improved risk? 

Let us hope the less pathological Omicron displaces  Delta and reduces those numbers.

Can someone explain this to me? I received an email from "Eugyppius" (Google him) who reported that: "Triple vaccinated Corona positives are more than four times more likely to have Omicron than the unvaccinated."

He gave a link to the UK Office for National Statistics - ONS.gov.uk:  it's a very long URL, but works:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/adhocs/14107coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveyukcharacteristicsrelatedtohavinganomicroncompatibleresultinthosewhotestpositiveforcovid19

You will see the page below. Click on the "Download associated with request" link in the panel to the right:

88543831_ONSwebpage700px.jpg.7b5d538607a83dc2dbd080a49b2a80b6.jpg

You will receive a ".xlsx" file for Microsoft Excel. Open it and look at Table 1b - it's in a tab at the bottom of my Excel.

You will see this:

322456114_ONS_Table1b700px.jpg.40b4abb7faf74c81c76bad413d1e80f1.jpg

The column at the right says that people in the category with "3 doses" are 4.45 times more likely to test positive for Omicron than "Not vaccinated" people.

Doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Doesn't make sense to me.

Actually, reading it again and again, I think I've figured it out.  If you have a positive result for Covid, you are more likely to have the Omicron variant (the less harmful one) the more vaccine doses you've had. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, mahtin said:

Or even more simply:

If you have a positive result for Covid, you are more likely to have the Omicron variant .

Too simple - you miss the main point, which is that the more vaccinations you have had, the more likely your positive Covid result is the Omicron variant.

The implication is that the vaccines are stopping the original and Delta strains, but not stopping (so much) the less dangerous Omicron variant.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 7:36 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Is their a point to your remark? if so please inform us all.

That was my point! It's all ridiculous! Wear a mask outside in the fresh air ......then take it off to eat inside the restaurant with lots of people around. If you believe that makes sense then have a word with yourself! It's not the Zombie apocalypse....... It's all BS!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, dogfish180 said:

That was my point! It's all ridiculous! Wear a mask outside in the fresh air ......then take it off to eat inside the restaurant with lots of people around. If you believe that makes sense then have a word with yourself! It's not the Zombie apocalypse....... It's all BS!

Well people can obviously  not eat while wearing a mask.... so it is that or close restaurants. Let us hope the spacing and other rules are being employed in the restaurant to minimize infection risks.  Seems reasonable.... wear masks as much as possible where you may infect others.... make your own decisions and be mindful of the risk you present to others. And stop whining and crying about it and getting all lathered up! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well people can obviously  not eat while wearing a mask.... so it is that or close restaurants. Let us hope the spacing and other rules are being employed in the restaurant to minimize infection risks.  Seems reasonable.... wear masks as much as possible where you may infect others.... make your own decisions and be mindful of the risk you present to others. And stop whining and crying about it and getting all lathered up! 

Personal responsibility is just to hard for some folk to understand and of course the Me Me Me generation or Generation Me only worry about themselves.  That's why the worlds so mucked up, but that is my view.  Going to build that Ark that God told me to build, for all the rivers that will rise when the "Cry me a River Commenters start to actually get it"

• Like 1