Wise transfers getting very slow

15 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

31 hours and still in processing, 7 hours since their prediction to send THB, 16 hours to projected receipt in my account.

Don't think I can hold my breath that long, considering my last transfer to that account took seconds only.

Transfer requested at 10:16 Tuesday.

Money received at 7:59 Thursday (per bank text message).

Still "being processed" at 8:40 Thursday according to Wise, maybe they're going to pay me twice. 555

On 12/28/2021 at 3:04 PM, foreverlomsak said:

This morning, 28th Dec 21, I requested Wise to send some money.

Today at 10:16 am You set up your transfer

Today at 10:16 am You used your GBP balance

Your money's being processed

Tomorrow at 10:00 am We pay out your THB

Thursday 10:00 AM You receive your THB

Before when I sent money to the same account (SCB) the phone pinged receipt by SCB before Wise managed to complete the above schedule of events.

I've had a similar experience, receiving the money before the email from Wise saying it was on the way. Last time, a month ago, it told me I had received the money in four seconds. Pretty mind boggling, actually.

But I've also had them tell me that I will receive my money in seconds and once they have the money they say there is a delay.

I once contacted them about a two-day delay and just got a standard reply saying the hold up could be due to a number of factors. I responded that they then shouldn't say the money will be there in seconds if there was no guarantee of that. As there isn't. I got no response to that.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1

I find from my UK bank to Wise borderless account is pretty fast usually instant.

From Wise to my Bangkok Bank account - sometimes frustrating. It is usually instant and you get used to that, but then sometimes you get the dreaded "we need extra time to complete your transfer" or some such message, and it takes a day or two. So whilst I'm happy with their service, consistency could be better.

Edited by Tuvoc
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I once contacted them about a two-day delay and just got a standard reply saying the hold up could be due to a number of factors. I responded that they then shouldn't say the money will be there in seconds if there was no guarantee of that. As there isn't. I got no response to that.

Yes, as per my post above, this is the biggest frustration with Wise. Inconsistency. Mostly very fast, but then not, and when you least expect it.

23 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Transfer from a Wise Account, and choose a time when both Banks are open 

Ie In UK after 9 am , which is after 4 Pm Thai time.

My usual time takes about 6 Seconds to K Bank.

Makes no difference. I've tended to do my monthly transfers from the UK at around 10pm Thai time and usually it arrives in seconds despite the Thai banks being closed. 

transfer from  my aussie bank to wise then to my bank in Thailand is a matter of minutes if done during the day, did a transfer boxing day(26th) late at night and it was in my Bangkok bank when I checked in the following  morning

Edited by seajae

23 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Transfer from a Wise Account, and choose a time when both Banks are open 

Ie In UK after 9 am , which is after 4 Pm Thai time.

My usual time takes about 6 Seconds to K Bank.

I was not aware that any human intervention was involved in Wise's transfer procedure unless the reason is 'long term stay' in which case, yes, so the banks' opening time is irrelevant. I have instigated a transfer at 6am and got an immediate response from Wise telling me the expected time of delivery etc. so the computer is obviously, still awake.

Edited by KannikaP

On 12/28/2021 at 4:15 PM, poppysdad said:

I hope its not just me

I did a transfer on Thursday the 23rd and Wise advised that my bank could take a few hours to get the money to them, a few hours later they advised me that they had it and it was on it's way and should arrive to my banks destination on Monday the 27th which it did.

Never ever had an issue with Wise, usually the next day, that said, if it's a Friday or weekend, usually ends up there on the Monday, it is also a busy period right now, so there could be a backlog ?

23 hours ago, Stocky said:

I sent money from Singapore yesterday, usually the transfer takes seconds, yesterday I was advised money would arrive in my Krungsri account Thursday 30th.

Money arrived overnight, Krungsri SMS time stamps it as 30/12/21 03:48hr which is a little strange.

My method is to make smallish transfers between 500 and 1000 pounds regularly early in the morning either from my uk bank or my wise borderless acc. to my thai bank.My best time is 4 seconds yesterday it took 17 seconds.I can't remember when it last took more than 3 hours.It seems to me if you stick to a predictable routine this arouses less suspicion from the authorities looking out for the bad guys.

• Thanks 1

Difficult time of the year with so many bank holidays. In my case I had to slow it down to get the FTT in January. They offered 7hrs but that would have made the transaction dated 30 Dec not 4 Jan which seems the first date in the New Year due to NYE falling on a weekend.

3 hours ago, Stocky said:

Money arrived overnight, Krungsri SMS time stamps it as 30/12/21 03:48hr which is a little strange.

Bizarrely I've just received an email from Wise apologising for the delay and saying the money will be paid to my account by Jan 5th!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

Done a transfer just now, it says it will arrive on Jan 4th into my BKK account ! Why that wasn't instant I don't know, that is 2 business days I think.

Ah - broke it up into smaller amounts and it sent instantly. 50,000 baht and higher was stated as 4th Jan, anything lower was in seconds. Tip for the future.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chang50 said:

My method is to make smallish transfers between 500 and 1000 pounds regularly early in the morning either from my uk bank or my wise borderless acc. to my thai bank.My best time is 4 seconds yesterday it took 17 seconds.I can't remember when it last took more than 3 hours.It seems to me if you stick to a predictable routine this arouses less suspicion from the authorities looking out for the bad guys.

2 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

Ah - broke it up into smaller amounts and it sent instantly. 50,000 baht and higher was stated as 4th Jan, anything lower was in seconds. Tip for the future.

So £1,000 seems to be the max for guaranteed super-quick transfers in the case of us Brits, then!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Henk Langeweg said:

Had just now the same email, but the money was this morning already in my SCB account.

Same, at just before 4am which was also strange.

Since the start of the year the partner bank on my transactions, which are generally around SGD5-10k, has been Dee Money. The switch to Dee Money has meant overall much faster transactions; I didn't get 4 second transfer times when they used Kasikorn for example. But Dee Money look to be less predictable, and the feedback loop to Wise pretty much non-existent, hence them apologising that the money may not arrive before the 5th Jan when it already has.

But I've no complaints. Wise is cheaper and faster than SWIFT transfers ever were for me, and the process is simple and transparent, no unexpected third party intermediary charges. Just always remember to plan ahead and allow a little extra time just in case.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

or looking at it another way, you don't take advantage of exchange rate peaks

Of course I am flexible to a degree basically I'm trying to avoid the disadvantage of having to make a transfer during a trough while waiting for the rate to go up.