What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Turn on the news. You can see the same thing about Jan. 6.

Without going down a rabbit hole here. As much as I agree about the denial about Jan 6, I don't think those idiots engaged in the murder of millions!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well this is a bit of a sobering movie to watch, Final Account

I have to say I was a little shocked by a lot of the denial, and sometimes pride that is still left in some of this final survivors of the Nazi horror.

Maybe some of our German contributors can comment more.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12789212/

If you read youtube / twitter comments, you wouldn't be surprised.

1 minute ago, GinBoy2 said:

Maybe we should just concentrate on movies and TV, not delve into politics, many other places to discuss that

Yes. I was responding. I saw that show about the ex-Nazis too. It definitely showed that there were limits to any de-Nazification efforts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yes. I was responding. I saw that show about the ex-Nazis too. It definitely showed that there were limits to any de-Nazification efforts.

I saw this one maybe a year ago, from PBS: Rise of the Nazis. Highly entertaining. Amazing all the parallels between then and now. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10911538

https://www.pbs.org/show/rise-nazis/

In 1930 Germany was a liberal democracy. Just four years later democracy is dead, Germany’s leader is a dictator and its government is in the hands of murderers. This series tells the story of how this happened. Leading historians and experts get inside the heads of some of the key players, whose political plotting, miscalculations and personal ambitions helped to destroy democracy and deliver control to Hitler.

Edited by gargamon
  • Like 1

Chloe

New one from the Beeb just started.

Lime

Summary: Still living with her mother and working as a temp, Becky compares herself to the picture-perfect lives on Instagram, compulsively returning to one account: Chloe's (Gilbert). Becky obsessively watches her seemingly flawless life through social media. But when Chloe dies suddenly, Becky's need to find out how and why leads her to assume a new identity and engineer a "chance" meeting with Chloe's best friend, Livia (Bennett-Warner), and infiltrate Chloe's group of close-knit friends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2022 at 3:38 PM, Will27 said:

I normally do unless it's pretty much everywhere.

Not like when it's only on Chaos I guess.

Will27- You might be interested in 48 hours      34x14 -- Jan 01, 2022 -- The Missing Millionaire: A ‘tiger King' Mystery

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

Apologies if this has already be mentioned.

My daughter and son came up to visit us last week and got us hooked on this. 

Hilarious, in my opinion at least

No need to be sorry.

I always appreciate upcoming shows or just dropped, but its always good to hear to about shows that have been missed. Looks good, I got the first season to watch.

• Like 2

Been watching "1883" it has got a bit tedious, but kind of watchable, but I hated the fact that right at the beginning you saw the narrator get an arrow though her stomach, and the wagon train just about wiped out, 6 episodes in, it still has not happened. Does that spoil it for others as well?

On 2/7/2022 at 8:56 AM, Will27 said:

Chloe

New one from the Beeb just started.

Lime

Summary: Still living with her mother and working as a temp, Becky compares herself to the picture-perfect lives on Instagram, compulsively returning to one account: Chloe's (Gilbert). Becky obsessively watches her seemingly flawless life through social media. But when Chloe dies suddenly, Becky's need to find out how and why leads her to assume a new identity and engineer a "chance" meeting with Chloe's best friend, Livia (Bennett-Warner), and infiltrate Chloe's group of close-knit friends.

Watched 2 episode so far, I think it's pretty good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Seppius said:

Been watching "1883" it has got a bit tedious, but kind of watchable, but I hated the fact that right at the beginning you saw the narrator get an arrow though her stomach, and the wagon train just about wiped out, 6 episodes in, it still has not happened. Does that spoil it for others as well?

Nah, but I'm getting fed up with it because ...........

1. Indian arrows wouldn't penetrate a whalebone corset, so the 'tummy' shot is unbelievable.

2. They kill many mounted and armed outlaws in every episode, but are always short of guns and horses and supplies (13 free horses in episode 6 alone).

Would they really not collect the abandoned assets of their vanquished enemies? 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Curse --- Ch 4---       6 episodes...... Crime/Comedy    --IMDB 7.4

Set In 1980s East London. Albert Fantoni and his wife Natasha run a greasy spoon cafe and are down on their luck. Their lives change when Natasha's brother Sidney tells them of his new job at a warehouse which handles cash shipments in transit.

I have not seen it---I got on Chaos 2 days ago---so it should be around......Soooon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

How would you know that, why would it not penetrate.

How far away was the Bowman.

What wouldn't happen is someone running around after an arrow has skewered your guts, front to back, wildly firing a revolver with great accuracy, and killing more Indians. Lost me then.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Nah, but I'm getting fed up with it because ...........

1. Indian arrows wouldn't penetrate a whalebone corset, so the 'tummy' shot is unbelievable.

2. They kill many mounted and armed outlaws in every episode, but are always short of guns and horses and supplies (13 free horses in episode 6 alone).

Would they really not collect the abandoned assets of their vanquished enemies? 

That gypsy women is a bit tasty.

????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1