What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

Who else has lost interest in Billions? I think Axel leaving the show spelt the death knell for the series. Could no longer hold my interest.

Im still plodding along with it - agreed, it's gone for a few series too long, but I keep watching - I hope it doesn't go past this one, I was surprised to hear of a return season after Axe left.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2022 at 10:45 AM, LosLobo said:

Munich: Edge of War (2021) IMDb rating 6.9.

A tense historical though fictional drama set against the background of Chamberlain signing a peace agreement with Hitler 1n 1938.

A good yarn, well worthwhile watching!

Munich: The Edge of War (2021) - IMDb

PS :

Has a couple of multicultural castings, so maybe not suitable for those with PC sensitivities.

Because of extensive German dialogue select  a source with subtitles.

I finally got around to watching this. I found it good better than the 6.9 IMDB rating.

Thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Season 6 is the last 'scheduled' season anyway, and if it continues as is, don't expect much demand for a season 7.

‘Billions’ Renewed for Season 7 at Showtime (EXCLUSIVE)

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/billions-renewed-season-7-showtime-1235182384/

I think I actually like it better without Bobby Axe?

On 2/20/2022 at 10:05 AM, KannikaP said:

Downloaded FISTFUL OF VENGEANCE (2022) as it said it was set in Bangkok, sorry what's it called now?

Managed 6 minutes of it. What a pack of s***te!

Yeah, 100 minutes lost.

The underlying series, Wu Assassins, was pretty good I thought, and I like Iko Uwais, and the Bangkok angle was interesting - but that yellow filter, ugh. Nice to see Bangkok/thailand portrayed as something other than a cesspool. And a few of the fight scenes were well photographed. 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2022 at 9:22 AM, delgarcon said:

This is going to hurt had me hooked from the off and I binge watched this brilliant series in one day, like a good book I just couldn't put it down! it's funny, it's sad and having been written by a doctor, it's pretty real as well. It's on the BBC iplayer.

"Munich"?

'The lies we tell' is a Muslim gangster movie which did not receive accurate online reviews. It exposes the underbelly of immigrant communities crime and suffering, drugs, prostitution, grooming, forced marriages etc. Made with BFI and arts Council money this is a tense, tough  unusual thriller set in  North England. Some scenes lit by torchlight to the sound of dramatic live music and drums   resonate with the hysteria of 'Harush Gamea'..A disturbing honest  film...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

'The lies we tell' is a Muslim gangster movie which did not receive accurate online reviews. It exposes the underbelly of immigrant communities crime and suffering, drugs, prostitution, grooming, forced marriages etc. Made with BFI and arts Council money this is a tense, tough  unusual thriller set in  North England. Some scenes lit by torchlight to the sound of dramatic live music and drums   resonate with the hysteria of 'Harush Gamea'..A disturbing honest  film...

This one - ???

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4423984/

• Like 1

Trigger Point, from the ITV Mercurio (LOD) production stable featuring such stalwarts as Vicky McClure is the story of a London Bomb Squad, many of whom are drawn from the military and have Afghanistan experience. Its a 6 part series. It fails miserably. It's ludicrous. Although melodramatic it lacks drama, substance or narrative credibility. The casting is absurd. One can only wonder if it was as embarrassing to work on this production as it is to watch it. One newspaper labelled it 'Bomby McBombface.' I think Wokey Mc.Wokeface might be more appropriate...Watch this series and draw your own conclusions as to whether ideologicaly driven casting imbues a production with realism or patronising absurdity. The Informer, a great TV series about a young muslim man recruited by the British Securuty Services was far better as was The Bodyguard.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Sad 1

Complete Season 01 of Vikings: Valhalla is now available. As usual, full of historic inaccuracies, "artistic freedom", and wokenes. Perhaps the biggest point of contention is casting a black woman as a historically famous King (Jarl) Haakon Sigurdsson of Norway. Not only changing the race, but the gender as well, makes a lot of people, especially in Scandinavian countries, very upset. Let me just say it once and for all. THERE WERE NEVER ANY BLACK VIKINGS, men or women! Ever! Period!

So take it for whatever it is... A fantasy flick, not based on history at all but using historical names.

On 2/24/2022 at 6:29 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Trigger Point, from the ITV Mercurio (LOD) production stable featuring such stalwarts as Vicky McClure is the story of a London Bomb Squad, many of whom are drawn from the military and have Afghanistan experience. Its a 6 part series. It fails miserably. It's ludicrous. Although melodramatic it lacks drama, substance or narrative credibility. The casting is absurd. One can only wonder if it was as embarrassing to work on this production as it is to watch it. One newspaper labelled it 'Bomby McBombface.' I think Wokey Mc.Wokeface might be more appropriate...Watch this series and draw your own conclusions as to whether ideologicaly driven casting imbues a production with realism or patronising absurdity. The Informer, a great TV series about a young muslim man recruited by the British Securuty Services was far better as was The Bodyguard.

Though we don't agree on a lot things, I must agree The Informer is a great mini-series as was The Bodyguard, Trigger Point not so much.  Thanks for the tip I am enjoying The Informer at the moment.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Though we don't agree on a lot things, I must agree The Informer is a great mini-series as was The Bodyguard, Trigger Point not so much.  Thanks for the tip I am enjoying The Informer at the moment.

I haven't seen Trigger Point, but The Informer and Bodyguard were very good IMHO.

• Like 1

Very interesting documentary on Youtube (Can't quite find it now) that featured a place on Soi 13/2 (Soi Post Office) Pattaya that could arrange for "Man With Man Marriage"... 

NB I'm anti-marriage (as my long suffering gf will attest) so of no interest to me, but maybe of interest to others...