What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

Thanks to poster "recom273" for giving me a link to the movie I was wanting to find, called, "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers", and I will be watching that tonight.

In the meantime I started watching a series I found on BBC iPlayer, called "Taboo", starring Tom Hardy, whom I like very much, and it was different and intriguing, and IMO well worth a watch before it is taken down (about a month I think).

17 hours ago, LosLobo said:

I tried watching Yellowstone after watching 1883 which evidently is a prequel to this series.

I could only get half way through the first episode of Yellowstone before getting bored, maybe on your recommendation I should persevere a bit longer.

Actually watching 1883 was one of the highlights of the year. 

Another series based on the same era is The Gilded Age, which is also extremely good.

I also tried to watch Yellowstone many times episode 1 over a few years. Eventually kept trying and got past episode 1 and the series gets really good.

• Like 2

Note to self:

Check on IMDb to see how many seasons/episodes are available !!

Decided to binge watch Ray Donovan as it keeps getting a mention on here. My usual streamers ( tinyzone and hdtoday ) only give me 4 seasons.

Imagine my joy when I found out there’s 7 seasons !! , back to the old faithful ( fmovies) for the rest ????

On 3/19/2022 at 4:09 PM, recom273 said:

I have had taboo since it aired on TV - I always try and watch it on a wet afternoon, and always fall asleep on the first episode. It's well regarded - I want to go back and finish it off one day.

I had the same problem with Taboo when it premiered first back in 2017.

Maybe I am just fickle but to invest a full hour or more in a programme that doesn't pay long term dividends is abhorrent to me especially when I am in the twilight years.

I may miss out on a few great ones but first impressions have always been my guide. 

And with the amount of content nowadays with help from this site life is good!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just started watching The Ipcress File season 1. It's a cold war thriller based on the "Harry Palmer" books by Len Deighton. Joe Cole does a pretty good job as Harry Palmer IMHO, especially since Michael Caine is a hard act to follow. I'm enjoying it so far. Well worth a look IMHO. Thanks to @recom273 who originally brought it to my attention. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13636038/

Yes its excellent

• Like 2

I'm nearly half way through season1 of De Dag (The Day) which is about a hostage crisis in a small bank. It's set in Belgium. Seems pretty good so far. Worth a look IMHO. I think its been already mentioned in this topic (possibly last year), but I can't remember who mentioned it.

It's on 1337x, TGx and kickass2, but not many seeders.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6144672/

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

Killed by a Rich Kid

RAR

In March 2019, Yousef Makki was stabbed in the heart by a friend in a wealthy Manchester suburb. This documentary takes a forensic look at the killing and subsequent trial of the friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2022 at 2:58 PM, TooBigToFit said:

I just started watching Yellowstone after the recommendations here. In the first few episodes people were dying left and right and other near-death experiences were a plenty. It seemed a bit over the top. The ranch owner main character of this got what he has without a flinch at using murder and abuse despite it taking place in present day. Should I believe this stuff actually happens? It sure makes me wonder if it's possible. Anyways,  I am getting addicted to it. I'll have to check out the other series related to this too.

I watched an episode of that show, but too many dull stretches between the action for my liking.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 11:22 PM, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just started watching The Ipcress File season 1. It's a cold war thriller based on the "Harry Palmer" books by Len Deighton. Joe Cole does a pretty good job as Harry Palmer IMHO, especially since Michael Caine is a hard act to follow. I'm enjoying it so far. Well worth a look IMHO. Thanks to @recom273 who originally brought it to my attention. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13636038/

I rewatched the movie a while back, but it didn't grip me as much as the first time around. Still pretty good though.

I am somewhat of a fan of Ben Affleck, and especially liked his movie, "Live by Night" as well as "The Accountant" however I couldn't really get into his latest effort, "Deep Water" because he didn't seem to offer anything to the movie or to the audience that would be of interest.

He came across as a one-dimensional man with very little personality, and he carried it off very well, so well that I looked back on some of his other movies and realised that this is his style!

A slow movie with nothing exciting happening and which doesn't give away its raison d'être.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

I am somewhat of a fan of Ben Affleck, and especially liked his movie, "Live by Night" as well as "The Accountant" however I couldn't really get into his latest effort, "Deep Water" because he didn't seem to offer anything to the movie or to the audience that would be of interest.

He came across as a one-dimensional man with very little personality, and he carried it off very well, so well that I looked back on some of his other movies and realised that this is his style!

A slow movie with nothing exciting happening and which doesn't give away its raison d'être.

I haven't seen LIve by Night or Deep Water, but I did enjoy the Accountant.