What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

I'm half way through season 1 of North Sea Connection. Set in Ireland, it's about local inhabitants who are coerced by a European drug cartel to smuggle meth into Ireland via the west coast. Pretty good so far and worth a look IMHO. I got it from TGx. I think this has already been recommended by @sanuk711 some time ago.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15654810/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I'm half way through season 1 of North Sea Connection. Set in Ireland, it's about local inhabitants who are coerced by a European drug cartel to smuggle meth into Ireland via the west coast. Pretty good so far and worth a look IMHO. I got it from TGx. I think this has already been recommended by @sanuk711 some time ago.

Good series, hoping there will be a second season

• Like 2

6 hours ago, seedy said:

Wrong one - my post referenced the 2012 version

I have it on one of my HDD - but a quick search revealed ...

TPB - The Hunt (Jagten)

I watched the 2020 version and OMG it was blood thirsty. It also wasn't worth watching, IMHO!

14 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Yes .. I enjoyed that one ..

We haven’t had any contributions from @sanuk711 for a while.

I saw there was a second series of hope street being shown.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Loved this. 

I've never been much of a Springsteen fan (not working class) but this film uses his music brilliantly.

Entertaining and uplifting. 

I'll take a look at this. Ten Thousand Saints was good, BTW.

Springsteen was great until he became Obama's b*tch. But his music holds up w/ the notable exception ofThe Rising. He has a new album of Motown remakes that's really good.

Sunday night movie - Barbarian interesting / quirky - indie horror / thriller - written and directed by Zach Cregger, the same guy who directed the Sasquatch documentary on Hulu.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt15791034/

7.1 on IMDb - a bit of a marmite movie - not bad, not amazing - a good start, Interesting first act - quite drawn out - I thought it was going to be a bit like the first [Rec] but not. Worth a look if you like that kind of thing.

17 hours ago, recom273 said:

Sunday night movie - Barbarian interesting / quirky - indie horror / thriller - written and directed by Zach Cregger, the same guy who directed the Sasquatch documentary on Hulu.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt15791034/

7.1 on IMDb - a bit of a marmite movie - not bad, not amazing - a good start, Interesting first act - quite drawn out - I thought it was going to be a bit like the first [Rec] but not. Worth a look if you like that kind of thing.

I rather enjoyed it as I do occasionally enjoy a good horror flick. I also just watched 'Smile' a few nights ago and enjoyed it as well.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15474916/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

On 11/20/2022 at 10:57 PM, xylophone said:

Watched a very good movie on BBC iPlayer called, "The Keeper" and it is about the Manchester City goalkeeper Bert Trautmann who was an ex-POW and I won't go into the story, because it will spoil it for you, but for football fanatics especially, it's a treat, and for those that aren't, it's still a heartwarming story – – and most of all, the best thing about it is that it's true.

Best bit for me was his impression and opinion about post war Britain and its people

• Haha 1

I downloaded and watched, "Lawrence of Arabia" last night and was so pleased that I did........it was a movie, directed by David Lean which came out in the sixties, and I believe I saw it around that time but don't remember much about it!!!

In the subsequent years I've read a little bit about TE Lawrence and he was certainly a "different" character and whether or not that planted a seed in my mind when I was watching the film last night, is difficult to say, however I certainly detected some aspects of that in the movie, and I believe it was intentionally done by David Lean.

Early on in the movie there were a couple of scenes whereby Lawrence was portrayed as being slightly effeminate, and later on the man himself said that he was "different" and "not like other men" and of course he had a young boy as a companion for a while.

I think this was purposely done by David Lean and this was more so when Lawrence was captured by the Turks and subjected to a beating (certainly) and quite possibly sodomy, both of which awoke some sort of sadomasochistic feelings in Lawrence, that he quite possibly hated in himself.

Anyway I downloaded the digitally remastered version by Yify, on 1337x.to and it was brilliant in both the quality and the movie itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I downloaded and watched, "Lawrence of Arabia" last night and was so pleased that I did.

Sometimes, when I'm on my bike heading out from my building on a trip that'll take me onto the highway, I think of the opening scene of that movie where T. E. Lawrence gets up to speed on his Brough Superior to meet his fate.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BigStar said:

Sometimes, when I'm on my bike heading out from my building on a trip that'll take me onto the highway, I think of the opening scene of that movie where T. E. Lawrence gets up to speed on his Brough Superior to meet his fate.

Well hopefully that's not your fate BigStar........!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

I'm one of these queer folk who can watch a movie many times over the years and enjoy it every time.

Same here with Apocalypse Now, Law Abiding Citizen, Tombstone, Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid, Castaway, The Enigma Machine, Young Guns, The Bourne Trilogy, Shooter, V for Vendetta, The Big Short, Live by Night..........to name but a few................!!

PS. Forgot to mention, Bottle Shock and Jeremiah Johnson!

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, paddypower said:

On Netflix: anyone started watching 1899 ? i believe that its the same production team as 'Dark' .

I'm about 1/2 way through it & enjoying it, worth a watch IMHO...

Now you mention it I can see the parallels with Dark... 

Another new one on Netflix is Wednesday...

"Background" TV for me but the GF is loving it, in fact I can't get the main TV back until she's finished it!

• Thumbs Up 1