What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

Have watched The Boys up to the latter part of season 3. It's been very good at times but seems to be running out of steam.

Watched the first episode of White Lotus but it didn't really do anything for me, same as The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (watched 4 episodes).

Andor is getting better and better late in season 1 IMO. Watched season 1 of House of the Dragon and am already looking forward to season 2.

Watched a few episodes of The Witcher but couldn't take anymore of Henry Cavill's poor acting (grunts and never changes his facial expression). Is it me or is he just a poor actor with a pretty face?

On 12/23/2022 at 12:41 PM, Phoenix Rising said:

Andor is getting better and better late in season 1 IMO. Watched season 1 of House of the Dragon and am already looking forward to season 2.

Andor not too bad, picks up around the 3rd episode. Best Star Wars since the originals, but nowhere near as compelling as those when they first came out. More adult than all the other sequels and prequels, but needs a lot more sex. Good thing is that it's not too "woke," though the women are of course the smartest and usually call the shots. It's actually just a bunch of the usual Hollywood tropes strung together. Wastes a lot of time with the council meetings. Darth Vader didn't need no council. Better when it's gritty, declines in the white pristine Imperial sets. Main actor and actress have charisma. 

Haven't quite reached the end, hoping it's going to pull out something really interesting.

On 12/23/2022 at 12:41 PM, Phoenix Rising said:

Watched season 1 of House of the Dragon and am already looking forward to season 2.

Watched a few episodes of The Witcher but couldn't take anymore of Henry Cavill's poor acting (grunts and never changes his facial expression). Is it me or is he just a poor actor with a pretty face?

Quickly gave up on both of those.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 10:43 AM, seedy said:

TPB

rh.jpg

This was surprisingly excellent. I had expected a one sided hit piece for either the red or blue tribes.  Instead it went very deep and explored the grey areas. It showed that the real truth of this social media event and its fallout didn't really match either of the extremely partisan narratives that the public saw. Red and blue tribes should both appreciate that.

Edited by Jingthing

On 12/23/2022 at 5:46 PM, seedy said:

TPB

go.jpg

I managed to get through about 40 minutes of this before turning it off and loading another movie (Love Actually), mainly because nothing seemed to gel and seeing/hearing Daniel Craig with a false southern American drawl, just didn't do it for me – – never mind, we all have different tastes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, xylophone said:

Also saw the news clip/mini doco on the BBC, about the hitherto unseen events and footage of the Jan Capitol Hill riot........and it was an eye-opener, and how that can be defended in any way, shape or form is beyond belief.

I hope justice is served on those who truly deserve it.

source, please? i mean, can I dL it ?

Edited by paddypower

1 hour ago, paddypower said:

Glass Onion was a waste. Wednesday was by far the most enjoyable tv watching in recent weeks. Terrific screenwriters. Then again, it's Tim Burton's baby.  Hoping for more. 

If not the best thing all year.  Quite entertaining & enjoyed it.  Sad I'm enjoying TV series, with B list, or unknowns, rather than big budgets and A lister's movies.  None of the big box office hits, highly rated, 100s k $$$ budgets have done anything for me, except kill some time, and sadly more than a few were wasted time.

Wouldn't recommend or watch any again.  Sad for being action movies, which I used to watch more than once or 5 times.

Watched Glass Onion last night, and actually dosed off occasionally.

The Recruit was quite good, as is The Rookie, which I started watching this year, past month or so, from S01.  Both entertaining, not too serious, a nice mix.

Slow Horses, very good, and got Jack Ryan downloaded and looking forward to that.

The Cleaning Lady has kept my attention.  The rest I watch are basically time killers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paddypower said:

source, please? i mean, can I dL it ?

I have searched high and low for it and I believe this is the clip which I saw, and it does contain footage as well as an explanation of the proceedings, so it may well be what I originally saw.

I got this from BBC iPlayer so I think it will be a "protected view", but not sure about that, so give it a try and see how you go – – better still if you have a VPN to be able to login to BBC iPlayer.

Good luck.

• Like 1

VOLCANO in New Zealand. My God, how frightening.

Think I'll watch The Snowman with Grandson.

Good concerts on Sky Arts.....Moody Blues in 2017 and ELO in 2018. Brilliant.

Now where's that Beatles concert in Australia from 1965?

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thumbs Up 1

New episodes of 'Money Heist: Korea' available on Netflix.

Also 'Keep Breathing' was quite good. About a woman who survives a small aircraft crash.

'Dharma- Monster' Also on Netflix is worth a watch. 

'Meltdown 3 mile Island'  interesting. 

'Bank Robbers - The Last Great Heist'  Quite surreal documentary about a bank robbery in Argentina. 

Season 2 of the excellent Manayek is out now with subs on TPB.

Summary: Izzy Bachar, a police internal affairs investigator, discovers just before retirement that his long time friend Barak, a senior police officer, is accused to be corrupt.
Life as he knows it breaks into pieces.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Season 2 of the excellent Manayek is out now with subs on TPB.

Summary: Izzy Bachar, a police internal affairs investigator, discovers just before retirement that his long time friend Barak, a senior police officer, is accused to be corrupt.
Life as he knows it breaks into pieces.

Thanks @Will27, been waiting for this. Downloading now from 1337x.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Tulsa King is great,

Downloaded ... I'll wait for next 3 episodes before I start.  In the middle of Jack Ryan now, and got a few others.  Don't like waiting for next week installments.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 9:40 PM, Jingthing said:

Till.

This is a very good movie about the true story of the famous lynching of Emeitt Till age 14 and his mother's bold decision to show his dead body to the world.

If you don’t know the story already you should know it and this movie though not a documentary would be one way to learn about it.

The actors playing the mother and child were both brilliant.

But that said while the movie definitely fully held my attention there was an element of aloofness about it that didn't fully engage me emotionally. Perhaps because I already knew the story well. Also I guess most people wouldn't consider the tragic subject matter particularly entertaining. 

Absolutely brilliant movie and portrayal of such a terrible time.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.....so long as you are white,

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Tulsa King is great,

Sly Stallone as a 75yo mafia guy that just got out of jail after a 25 year stretch.

So far it's as good as 'Breaking Bad', and better than 'Boardwalk Empire'.

As good as BB? Hardly. I gave it away half way through the first episode, found it silly and pretentious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1