I have a weird question. Can gleeking spread virus?

Virt

Tried to find an article if gleeking could spread Corona virus, but couldn't find anyone.

I think we all tried to yawn and a jet of spit shot from the glands beneath the tongue.

Does that saliva contains virus if you are infected?

Why I'm asking?

Just curious after i was checking the news on the phone, yawned and spit flew out and hit my phone.

And now I'm scared of yawning again ????

Happy new year to all...

????????????

Edited by Crossy
Fixed spelling :)
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

That's the funny thing with us needing to wear masks, phones are incredible dirty and touch those with our hands + our hands go to our face more often than we can wash them. 

Then washing hands too much lowers natural protection layer + highly infective phone still used. My point is: makes more sense to ban smartphones than enforce masks.

Perhaps we even get people to behave more civil and social again then too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Then washing hands too much lowers natural protection layer + highly infective phone still used. My point is: makes more sense to ban smartphones than enforce masks.

Phones are quite dirty, but if they spread COVID is another question.

People still argue.

Last year there were several articles saying they don't, and some that they do so not sure.

It would make for an interesting study to swap test a million phones from people in public transport and see how many that actually have ???? virus on them.

Why public transport?

They use their phones constantly.

Hmm which makes me think about another study that would be interesting.

Collect facemasks from the same people in public transport, and see how many has virus inside and/or on the outside of the masks.

Then do a whole genome sequencing on all positive samples.

Then we have a study that shows quite a few things.

If virus stick to phones.

How often the virus are transmitted to masks.

If the virus is both inside and outside a mask, do they match.

If not then your mask work and cought someone elses virus.

Now see if that virus that differs from the inside sample also is on the phone.

If so that's not good, because then you touched your mask and transferred the virus to the phone.

Conclusion.

Ban phones.

What the study will not show, is why is this poster being so silly.

Maybe because it's new year eve and he started on the booze early ????????????

Cheers and let's all hope 2022 will be better than the last two.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

That's the funny thing with us needing to wear masks, phones are incredible dirty and touch those with our hands + our hands go to our face more often than we can wash them. 

Perhaps we even get people to behave more civil and social again then too.

It's my phone , anything on there is from me and me alone . I can't make myself sick if anything on there is from me , and neither can i infect others since they can't touch my phone .

Masks do filter the inhaled and exhaled air , the air somebody else breaths also . So it can make me sick or others when coming from me .

Put A and B together and you do see that masks are useful .

1 hour ago, sezze said:

It's my phone , anything on there is from me and me alone . I can't make myself sick if anything on there is from me , and neither can i infect others since they can't touch my phone .

Masks do filter the inhaled and exhaled air , the air somebody else breaths also . So it can make me sick or others when coming from me .

1 hour ago, sezze said:

I want to join ????

Not about masks, but phones, so play along.

Don't take this to serious.

If we assume your phone have virus on it.

You go to restaurant.

You use phone while waiting for beers and then grab a bottle of beer and drink when it arrives.

In reality you could then move virus from the phone to the bottle, and the person who take your empty bottle would then have a chance to touch the same spot on the bottle and that person now has your virus.

For that virus to do any harm that person had to somehow get the virus inside the body.

Since most people don't lick their fingers, the most obvious way ways would be if that person touched the eye, which also is a way in.

It's not very likely to happen but it's possible.

Of course it's not an option to ban phones, but sanitizing them once in a while is a smart thing to do since many phones also have bacteria on them.

Actually a lot of them.

I have no idea why people use their phones in the poop room ????

Cheers and enjoy new years eve.

And now it's back to the beers

????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TorquayFan said:

Virt - words fail me. HNY

Hehe you too.

I didn't feel like putting on the serious face today ????

9 hours until midnight here so still 2021 here.

First off, thanks for the new word I can add to my  vokabbuleree. I love that it's just one silbalill.

As for the perils posed by gleeking, if it generates aerosols which can be inhaled, as seems likely, then yes, it's can transmit covid. 

The consensus about dirty surfaces is that they very rarely assist in transmitting the virus.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00251-4